Coopers Community

Don't forsake us Woolies!

Muddy Waters

Seems that Big W no longer sells home brew stuff online,they have updated their website and putting "home brew" in the search box brings up no result..

Seems short sighted to me,looks like the Coopers online store will be getting more business.

Cheers

N'oz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I was really pissed off went to Coles yesterday they had 3 cans 2 coopers lager one Mexican cat piss that was the extent of the home brew supplies I always use Australian pale ale in my town the only choice left a camping shop but charges about 3 bucks extra a can.

I was really pissed off went to Coles yesterday they had 3 cans 2 coopers lager one Mexican cat piss that was the extent of the home brew supplies I always use Australian pale ale in my town the only choice left a camping shop but charges about 3 bucks extra a can.

G'day wall' date=' welcome to the forum, did you speak to the manager, never hurts to make enquirers? [img']wink[/img]

Cheers.

Mate Id rather pay the poor little battler an additional 3 bucks and get what you want, it works out about 5 cent a schooner extra for the brew.

I suspect that it is like all items in Woolies. If it don't sell it's gone. Manufacturers have top pay for shelf space as well.

My local Woolies always has a reasonable supply of most Coopers items.

Cheers' date='

Pete[/quote']

Lucky you; Woolies, Coles, Kmart & Big W near me have all given up on stocking any homebrew products.

I think Target still do a seasonal sale of the basic kit, affectionately referred to as George, previously known as Mr Beer (I think).

It remains to be seen if the big guys have a rethink, decide to create and sell their own product in competition with Coopers, or just continue to keep it in the too hard basket.

Considering some of the crap these retailers sell you have to wonder if their management and purchasing staff have their heads in the sand?!

• 1 year later...

Looks like Woolworths are selling Coopers again. They had TC on special for $15.79 each but I think that has just finished. I just bought two TC bootmaker and they scanned at $22.99 but as it still said $15.79 on the shelf I paid the lower price for one and $0.00 for the second one.

If you're quick you might be lucky.

Looks like Woolworths are selling Coopers again. They had TC on special for $15.79 each but I think that has just finished. I just bought two TC bootmaker and they scanned at $22.99 but as it still said $15.79 on the shelf I paid the lower price for one and $0.00 for the second one.

Since when have Woolworths been carrying the Thomas Coopers range of kits??

I noticed them on Sunday at Marrickville (NSW) and bought these today at Leichhardt.

I was surprised to see these there too. Here is the evidence. btw the castor sugar is for a ginger beer and the fish is for a non-beer related project. (though I've just had this crazy idea...)

1479184369_99_782.gif

**ADMIN ASSIST**

about the same time the US elected Donald Trump as president.

God only knows what Woolies is doing, it's a mystery to me. Bought some dinner ingredients yesterday at a random Woolies in the north of Adelaide, they were clearing Dark Ale cans (expiry mid 2018) for $7.03. My local isn't doing the same deal, but it does look like they are rationalising the range, eg they've recently introduced the cerveza can.

Hey Dave, a HBer local to me! I also shop at Woolies Leichhardt and picked up a can of the TC Amber Ale for a mate the other day. Thing is, I didn't check my receipt so I may have well been charged $22.99 (last Friday). I'll look in the recycling bin if I can find that receipt.

How long you been brewing mate? Do you live in Leichhardt? I've only been brewing for 7 months, but am well and truly hooked. I am up to my 14th brew now. Have done pale ales, brown ale, German lagers, a few dark beers. Started with kits and bits, mainly doing extract now, except for the cans I had leftover from my last big order.

How long you been brewing mate? Do you live in Leichhardt? I've only been brewing for 7 months' date=' but am well and truly hooked. I am up to my 14th brew now. [/quote']

Hi Jools,

I bottled my first brew on 24 July 1988 - a coopers original series real ale. I picked up a FV and some other stuff at a garage sale and got the can from some supermarket. Bottling was done with a siphon and capping with a mallet [...and I lived in paper bag on road]. What a mess it was that bottling night!

I'm in Leichhardt - recently moved back here and I'm trying to figure out how to fit a brewing fridge into this small house - Still I've managed to brew 15 (+1 ginger beer) this year. perhaps the labels are better than the beer right now.

1479249166_21_60.jpg*ADMIN ASSIST*

Hey Jools,

I was just there getting dinner and they were still labelled $15.79/scanning $22.99. I don't need it but as they give the first wrong scan away for free I thought I'd grab you one (Amber Ale). Can deliver to dog park. (is that your dog).

1479254756_27_537.jpg

How thoughtful of you David! I was there too, may have been at the same time! I had wife and two kids in tow.

I actually tried it out on a TC IPA can, scanned wrong and he got someone to check shelf price. But said I needed to buy more than one to get the first one free. So I did!

So I've got two cans TC IPA to use for my next brews.

That is my pug, been a bad parent and haven't taken him to dog park in a while. But probably should. When u free to have a yarn about HB?

That is my pug' date=' been a bad parent and haven't taken him to dog park in a while. But probably should. When u free to have a yarn about HB?[/quote']

Jools - I have a spoodle. If you send an email to

davidtemp -@- internode.on.net

then I will let you know my real address.

Thanks David, I'll send you an email from my Yahoo account now.

Lusty - I love my pug. Full of personality, smart dogs but incredibly stubborn. Zero road sense too. They can be trained, but it takes persistence and tenacity. Mine is not going to win any agility trials anytime soon, that's for sure! But he is fantastic with my two young kids.

I sourced mine through the breeders section of NSW Dogs. He is from a breeder called Susan at Nulkaba (near Hunter Valley, NSW). From memory he cost $1250 in 2011. Certainly not the most expensive purebred out there compared to French Bulldogs and Boston Terriers.

My recommendation is to visit the breeder, but as you said they are scarce in SA, so perhaps Victoria would be the go? I have heard good as well as horror stories of people who buy a dog over the phone or internet and pick him/her up in a crate from the airport. On our visit to the breeder we were very satisfied that the pups and mum are treated well, plus we got a heap of information for first time pug-owners.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, first time poster and just about to put down my third brew, a fruit salad ale. Just been to my local Woolies and they still have TC cans for $15.75, as previously stated scanning at$22.95.

I bought a Bootmaker pale ale for future use but was not aware of the second can free thing.

Kicking myself now. Anyhow, a great new year to everyone.

for the record, the voluntary code of conduct that Woolworths has agreed to is that if an item scans at a higher price than marked on the shelf AND you bring it to their attention:

* the first item scanned is FREE;

* subsequent items with the same bar code are charged at the SHELF PRICE.

The checkout staff can get this confused.

Technically this would mean that if you bought an AMBER ALE and a PALE ALE and they scanned at the wrong price then they would both be free. Different bar codes.

http://www.retailcouncil.com.au/scanning/scanning-code

Woolworths Liechhardt still has one of the TCs marked at $15.75 (bootmaker pale) but the rests are $22.95 . I haven't tried "buying" anymore because my cupboard is full.

Archived