Coopers Community

ADVERTISING

weggl

In the advertising world vendors pay to have their product advertised. You will see this on say trucks with canvas like side covers with products plastered over them, or bill boards with advertising on them. Now companies pay the company owning the truck or the billboard owner to advertise their products in these places.

Coopers just sent me a newsletter with discounts on their products. The problem is that if I were to purchase, say a T-shirt, it would have Coopers written on it. I would be in fact a walking advertising vehicle for Coopers and I would have to pay for the privilege to advertise their products.

So I propose a better system that being that they give us the T-shirts and we will wear it at no charge to Coopers. This way they save on advertising costs.

I think their advertising manager is trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Don\u2019t fall for it. Being loyal customers of Coopers product and I feel I speak for all in as much as that we will offer Coopers the chance to spread the word far and wide.

Imagine the thousands of T-shirts on display all over the world brandishing the Coopers name.

Weggl

Nice idea Warren, but Coopers are a business like 95% of other buinesses you dont get much for free.

If you had shares in Coopers and it was your money would you do this?

I quess there is nothing wrong with throwing a t shirt in with an online order after you have bought something.

Agree nice idea, but I'm not going to request to Holden that I get my next car for free because it has a Holden badge on it which would be advertising their company.

Or maybe I should take that Rolex watch back, I'm sure the only reason they put that pesky Rolex brand name on there was for advertising sake. [tongue]

Coopers beer has labels on it which is also a form of advertising. Do those fatcats in marketing want us to pay for the beer when we are in fact advertising the brand for free? [lol]

Warren, Coopers is the kind of brand that breeds a loyal follower who are proud to wear Coopers branded products. I've received free Coopers t-shirts in the past but the problem with free t-shirts is that they never fit [pinched]

I guess the wool has well and truly been pulled over my eyes. I'd be happy to buy a Coopers t-shirt but I never buy clothes over the internet and I've never seen a design I liked.

Over the past 12 months i have gotton.....3 coopers bar mats, one coopers stuby holder and one coopers shirt all for FREE!

i just check the promtions when looking for a carton of coopers. just about two weeks ago i picked up a carton of pale for $42 and with it i got a free green and yellow pale ale shirt! :)

Also............. a few weeks back my Girlfriend went to one of these punk rock shows that all the young ones are in to now days......."i tell you back in my day".......... anyway she brought home this T shirt! I recon its a direct RIP OFF of the Coopers Lager logo!?

What do you all think?

021qq.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Johng, Aussie Josh, shame on you. What are you two doing buying commercial beer?

Are you not both \u201chome brewers\u201d? I see you have fallen victim to the advertisers schemes that have brainwashed the newer generations with their consumer pays format. I\u2019m sure Muddy remembers the days when biscuits came in plain brown paper bags, not like today where they are prepackaged with advertising plastered all over them. These things all cost which the consumer pays for, but alas the visual bombardment since the introduction of TV has converted the general populace into believing that they must support these advertising companies who tell them that \u201cyou to can look cool in one of our T-shirts\u201d if you pay for the privilege to wear it.

If you want Holden car order it with out badges, I\u2019m sure they wont let a sale go by.

Now muddy it is good indeed to see loyalty, I\u2019m proud of you. However see what this loyalty got you, useless T-shirts!!!

Biemoasta, what is a bloke who can afford to wear Rolex watches doing brewing his own beer?

Brew Master, You have supported my CRUSADE by your statement that you \u201cwill wear your Coopers products with pride\u201d. Do you not see it? They gave then to you. So is they were to give us all T-shirts (if they are the correct size) yes we will wear them with pride and at the same time advertise their products. Brilliant!!!

I should be on the Coopers board.

I should be on the Coopers board.

[lol] I'm sure their accountants would disagree.

I must admit that I don't but much commercial beer but sometimes you need to in order to broaden your awareness and palate.

I've been known to buy T-shirts when I've seen a band. I guess I was raised by the TV.

B.A. Baracus taught me to stand up for what I think is right but at the same time you can have a soft side too.

Magnum taught me that not everyone who wears short shorts and has a moustace is gay.

The thunderbirds taught me to not let strings stop me from making a difference.

That is just the tip of the iceberg [rightful]

...amd no I don't remember biscuits in brown paper bags [lol] I do remember when they put your groceries in brown paper bags...but only just.

Muddy,

Accountants are people who have no vision, so you would expect them to disagree. They just count the beans. What is needed on the board is somebody like myself, someone who can dream and put the dream into action. The only problem is, I would have to come out of retirement and I rely do not think I could make a successful comeback.

I was quite content in retirement because I could go down the cellar and listen to the steady beat of 2 or 3 air locks beating in harmony, until you came along and converted me to \u201cGlad Wrap\u201d.

Just after the 2 world war the only biscuits you could buy were Arnotts, the shopkeepers had them in large tins and they would weigh our what you wanted and place them in a paper bag. Fish and chips were wrapped in butchers paper and multiple layers of newspaper. Don\u2019t you remember that? Or wind up gramophones, wirelesses, pre radios, crystal sets and motorcars that had canvas roofs and running boards?

So you see Muddy, because of my long experiences in life I know what works and how to advertise successfully and cheaply. Free T-shirts worn by thousands with the great name of Coopers plastered all over them is the cheapest way out, after all they probably get them made in China for $1, now $1 plus postage to have a walking live billboard on the street and a billboard that can speak as well and spread the word, this would be far better than selling a couple of hundred T-shirts for a miserable couple of thousand $.

They need to adopt the Airlines policy of bums on seats.

As the Jews killed off all the prophets God sent them, so the bean counter stifle those with great vision. I am like a voice calling in the wilderness.

The visionary. Weggl

I\u2019m sure you would all like this idea from the visionary. Buy 2 get one free. What a bottler of an idea. This would cause all the home brewers to need extra fermenters, so Coopers would sell more of the new type complete with a PLASTIC HYDROMETER.

Weggl

Biemoasta, what is a bloke who can afford to wear Rolex watches doing brewing his own beer?

Ok I don't actually own a Rolex, that example was just for arguments sake. I guess to be accurate it should have actually read "Disney Mickey Mouse calculator watch" instead of Rolex [bandit]

Oh, and if I could afford to wear Rolex watches, I would probably still homebrew... just because it's fun! [biggrin]

Warren,

If you look carefully under my alias you will see that I have been a member of this wonderful club for 11 years.

For 10 years I happily paid to be a member, unfortunately this club ceased on the 9th. February 2010. At no stage during this time did I hear anyone complain about paying for Cooper's merchandise, or membership for that matter.

All companies advertise this way, just look at your sporting equipment, clothing, even food etc. If we want Coopers to remain an Australian company we should be seen supporting them 100%. If you are not happy with their marketing ways go tell someone who cares.

I'll now get off my soapbox.

Cheers,

Peter

I am greatly disappointed by the lack of support you lot have shown concerning my push to be placed on the board. Unlike Julia Gillard I don\u2019t make empty promises.

My platform is buy 2 get 1 free, free T-shirts that fit, Plastic hydrometers for

Everybody, at discounted prices, plus a giant size Gladwrap roll, free. All Coopers brewing products to be made available at every Big W store right across the country.

Distributors to be established in all country towns such as Alice Springs, Dubbo, etc.

My plan is to put Coopers on every body\u2019s lips right across the country.

I am appealing to PB2 to establish a special page so votes can be taken. When he does this I ask you to vote \u201cYES\u201d.[rightful]

Weggl

Hey Eh!lll - Admittedly Coopers LDM is a fine product and not very easy to get, even in Australia ( [pinched] ) but it would be easier for you to make your own BE1 or BE2 (which I don't use but ARE easy to get here but not so in Canada).

These are the ingredients:

Coopers Brew Enhancer 1:

400g maltodextrin + 600g dextrose

Coopers Brew Enhancer 2:

500g dextrose + 250g maltodextrin + 250g LDME

Good on ya Canadian, I must deal with the local market before I go global, but I will not forget you.

That\u2019s 2 votes for yes.

Brew Master what soapbox? I'm the one on the soapbox at the moment, so go get another. You must be younger than me and you were probably born when the populace had already been brainwashed into accepting the now fact, that if you want a T-shirt which advertises a particular product then YOU must pay for the privilege.

It has been a slow insidious campaign bit by bit to have us all thinking in the one direction. Even our Government is on the user pays bandwagon.

We must stand up and be counted, lets take the campaign to the streets! After all it worked in Egypt!!!

Biemoasta old mate,

I can see that you are totally confused. First up you don\u2019t know if you have a Rolex watch or a Mick Mouse one.

Secondly you have mistakenly called making beer fun, when everybody knows that the fun bit comes when you drink it. Have you ever seen blokes running around like chooks (chickens for our international friends) with their heads cut of when they are making beer? No you don\u2019t, but then when they drink the stuff, well that\u2019s different.

Weggl

Warren,

In post #17 you mentioned your push to be placed on the board of Coopers. Someone may correct me here but I think you will find that Coopers is one of the very few (maybe only!) family owned breweries in Australia & as such the board is made up of people with the Cooper's name/gene or are married to the aforementioned people. In view of this your only hope is maybe an adoption angle[crying]...Best of luck...

Brew Master what soapbox? I'm the one on the soapbox at the moment' date=' so go get another. You must be younger than me and you were probably born when the populace had already been brainwashed into accepting the now fact, that if you want a T-shirt which advertises a particular product then YOU must pay for the privilege.[/quote']

I thought you would have been part of the "There's no such thing as a free lunch" generation Warren. Your talking more like a Gen Y "I want everything served to me on a platter, and I want it now (lol)".

You're not really a youngster with your pants slung low are you Warren? [biggrin]

Archived