Coopers Community

Thieving no good so & so's

Muddy Waters

It has been a week tinged in sadness and tragedy for me. We had a few drinks at work on Tuesday and I took in a crate of my finest homebrew and my 2 Sparkling Ale longneck holders (Like the zipped stubby holders but for tallies).

Here comes the sad bit....I left them on my desk and some bastard stole them. I was pretty broken up about it and my wife took sympathy and said I could buy a new one from the Coopers store.

Here's where the sadness becomes tragedy...So like a kid in a lolly shop I jumped on the website and when I tried to add the longneck cooler to my order of liquid malts I found that they aren't sold any more.

What am I going to do? Who can I turn to? Can I go on?

I've ruled out everyone. I think the cleaners took them but nobody is admitting it (a few other things went missing too).

The brew was very popular - Golden Ale and the stout stole the show with the Mexican keeping the others happy.

5 minutes after I posted this topic my wife came home and gave me the news that she and 15 of her workmates have become redundant effective immediately. The same thing happened to her last when the whole financial crisis started. So I guess it's given me a bit of perspective for my loss.....and dashed my chances of spending any money on beer coolers for the time being ;)

• 11 months later...

[biggrin] I thought I'd gotten over this tragedy but you had to drag it out of it's resting place didn't you Warren [lol]

I just read my second post about my wife becoming redundant (Since rehired by the same company [biggrin] ) and now exactly a year later I have too have been made redundant...it's funny how things work out.

Still haven't been able to replace my longneck holders [sad]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Muddy!

If you're still real upset about this great tragedy, I've just rummaged through my stubby holder bin and found 2 zip up long neck wetsuit style stubbie(longneck) holders with the dreaded Tooheys logo on them. Don't drink from long necks myself, so if you'd like em feel free to email me and I'll get them to ya. The bottom is sort of coming away from one, but the other is in perfect condition.

Just a thought.

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow a blast from the past....Thanks for the offer Phil but I really don't have much use for longneck or stubby holders these days (I also have one hidden from view somewhere with the dreaded tooheys new logo on it.

I used to use mine at an old job where we would have drinks in the office. As the beer was crap I'd supply my own, and while I drank from a glass, I'd keep the remainder cool in my beloved Coopers longneck holder.

Sorry for taking so long to reply to your kind offer but I have been hiding in the rice paddies in the backwoods of Thailand for the last month or so and have had to deal with dialup speeds and hadn't seen the post until today.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived