Coopers Community

False advertising?

c38193

I'm a bit confused. Today I received in the mail an offer from Coopers that if I bought another Brew kit for a friend (which I'm thinking of doing) I would receive a $15 cheque. No problems with the offer but I was amazed at the pamphlet enclosed with the offer titled 'give them what they want' in which it states that 'you will save big on every batch that follows, averaging about 42 cents per 750ml bottle'. I can't see how this can be true. I pay $9.60 for the concentrate, $4 for the sugar and $2.50 for the carbonation drops which gives me an average price of 54 cents per 750 ml bottle, 28% more than stated in the pamphlet. Am I being ripped off? Can Coopers supply me with the necessary ingredients to make every batch 'averaging about 42c per 750ml bottle' ?

I'd be interested to know what other members (as well as Coopers) think.

Keith

I think it's not worth griping about 12c per bottle.

Marketting is marketting.. if you believe every piece of marketting you ever hear.. then good luck to you my friend.

Coopers will state the cheapest possible scenario of beer concentrate, and sugars, for the purpose of marketting. This scenario will give you al alrite tasting beer.

On the other hand... if you spend more money on malt extracts and other brew enhancing ingredients, then you'd be spending way more than 54c per bottle... but you'll get a freakin fantastic tasting beer.

even if you're spending $2 for a 750ml bottle... you will be getting awesome beer for very cheap price.

• 2 years later...

What more and more puzzles me, these days, is:

that people compare home stuff to commercially-brewed stuff at all.

When you know how to do it properly it generally kicks the pants off any stuff you can buy in a shop! Including from Coopers themselves (sorry lads, but the brew produced from your Coopers Australian Ale wort extract often tastes better than Pale Ale out the tap over here in Vic).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I make the Coopers origional bitter, with 750ml BE2, primed with sugar using the supplied yeast, and I reckon it is the best beer I have ever tasted, including the Coopers comercial product!

Archived