Coopers Community

Order of Coopers - Stage 2 wishlist

PB2

G'day All,

now that the site and the Order of Coopers is up and running, we are looking toward the next phase - this includes the website proper, the forums, my brewery, the general store, Email newsletters, etc.

The Order of Coopers is your club! So, please feel free to make your suggestions regarding additions, deletions, applications, appearance, etc.

Hi Paul,

Can you please add a page with each of the recipes listed alphabetically (like an index page) that links to each of these recipes (so as not to duplicate information but make it more accessable.

And when/If you send out a newsletter, can you add in a Recipe of the Month (with a small prize for the owner) something we can boast to our fellow drinkers about :)

How about a suggestions page ? Where we can suggest additions to the Coopers Range that we would like to see.

Frothy Head to you all,

Richard

Sorry Ross, forgot to tell you that you are a trouble maker and we decided that it was best not to communicate with you...

Seriously though, send an e-mail to homebrew@coopers.com.au and we will reply with the newsletters. This is a worry...

How many more have not received our communication??

G'day Paul,

You're not the first bloke to call me a trouble maker...Mum had a handle on it over 50 years ago!....I have sent my application off, if I don't get a reply I will just sit here and talk amongst myself!

Sorry Paul for the Late reply,

I am DREAMING of an index that cross references like your favorite reference book (insert witty name here). So that under Hops is Fuggles and Amarillo etc with links to the posts that have refered them. So that if i have a tin of Coopers lager and Fuggles i can put them to good use by following the link to a recipe...

OK Bad example ... was just thirsty.. Now have a Canadian to whet me down...

Example 2

Pale Ale may have three reference links,

a} Link to Basic Pale Ale Recipe in How to Brew

b} Link to Pale Ale discussion on Variations

c} Link to Discussion of Pale Ale Video on U Tube

Am i loosing anyone ?

Richard

In your ultimate wisdom you have given us a way of showing our locations on a map of Australia...Oh wise ones...

But you have not given us a conduit to contact those near us to organize a Beer Appreciation Night :)

Thoughts ?

Richard

What would be the chance of getting an RSS feed of the new forum posts? It would make it just that little bit easier to keep track of what is going on.

I know, nerd. Sorry. Can't help it.

Cheers

J

Being part of other forums the there always seems to be a need for a Beginners page. This section people can post an introduction and basic questions that most new people have. The forum needs a search for posts or threads to avoid posting questions or information that has already been posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my thoughts on the website. It looks good and I\u2019m sure it has impressed Coopers management (which we all know is the most important thing.) However, it is very awkward to use and navigate through.

Requiring flash to logon to the site means that it does not remember my password next time I go to the site, and the \u2018remember me\u2019 does not work for me either. In addition, the flash causes slow loading times. It also means that I am unable to logon to the site using my phone, which does not support flash.

If I do logon to the site and do not have time to view all the posts, which is now most of the time, next time I logon it shows all the previous posts as being read. This is even if I have not even opened up the Topic. Other BBs that I am signed up to, only remove the unread flag if I have read the topic, and then take me to the oldest unread message when I click on the topic.

It is also difficult to navigate through all the rooms and topics. It may perhaps be better to be able to view all the rooms or active topics from one page.

[alien] I am asking for trouble i know but here goes [alien]

[innocent] Please can we have an Iphone app that allows us to sign up people to our local chapter while out "Appreciating the Coopers Product" [love]

Richard

Archived