Coopers Community

Adelaide Club Night 28/11/06 Adelaide Convention Centre

Frank

Adelaide Club Nights are becoming so HUGE :D that we are now restricted to a handful of venues :( The good news is that the lovely people at the Convention Centre have asked us back and we can't pass up the opportunity to use such a great venue again. We've booked in for Tuesday night, the 28th of November. Invitations will be posted out in early November. As soon as I have information on interstate nights, I'll post it here.

Cheers!

I look forward to the next Melbourne one!

Geez I'm glad there wasn't a camera around at the end of the Melbourne Club night to take shots of Scott, Paul and myself. Paul was kind of under control (I think), but Scott had a few too many, and I had already past my limit by about 11pm - and I vaguely remember having atleast 3 more after then, and also buying 2 pints at the bar right at the end, handing one to Scott, sculling mine, and then bolting for the tram. Who would've forseen the messy circumstance that I saw myself in about 2.5 hours later when I was standing in a carpark, with only my shoes and jocks on. I won't go into detail, but we missed the tram. There was a cab. About 5.5 km worth of walking (with much recital of Monty Python dialogue on the way). And the question of whether any of the food platters that night had peas or carrots on them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Scott I've been a little stretched lately so I haven't checked the message board as often as I should. Yes, country members get an invitation and I do try to get them out as early as practical but by posting the date and venue here as soon as the details are confirmed, we hope that as many country members as possible can make it.

Cheers, Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

G'day All

Not much action on the site at the moment. Thought i would ask how many people are planning on going to the Adelaide Club night next week? I have never been to one despite being a member on and off for 8 years so next week i will be finally finding out what all the fuss is about. What can i expect?

Cheers

DrSmurto

REALLY U HAVE NEVER BEEN!!!!!

Do ur self a favour mate and go, there is topless bar maids, topless coopers girls throwing beer at each other and even glen cooper gets topless, then u wake up and realise it was all a dream.... but yes its a great night!!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to this so would be interested in anyones reports as well.

As for me, not what i am into. Not sure what i was expecting but me and the mate left about 9-9:30 to find a pub and continue on the night. Any event where B-grade celebs (Ryan Fitzgerald) are involved i would tend to steer clear off. Pity, cos loads of food and $3 for stubbies (but dont get me started on the glaring lack of dark ale...) was the makings of a great night.

I did like the gall of one bloke turning up in a Carlton Draught shirt.....

• 2 weeks later...

yeah sorry mate, i think i did talk it up a little didnt i......well maybe not. as i was disappointed myself as past years have been much more successful. i think the large function room does kill it a bit as it is not a real intimate gathering due to the large poulation of members. i previously recall it being held at the grand ballroom which was fantastic as it had a beach party theme and all the gals were dressed in bikinis.

Archived