Coopers Community

2005 Membership

stayingSober

Dearest Amanada, my darling

If I come over there and give you a big sloppy kiss can I have my T-shirt now instead of waiting till October? :lol:

What about if I DON'T come over there?? :lol:

• 2 months later...

Yes, well nice shirt for membership this year but why would I want a guy's shirt?

About time Coopers acknowledges the diversity of their membership and cater accordingly.

Fruity

• 5 weeks later...
Dear Peter

Just let us know when you're renewing that you will need the bigger size and we will organise for it to be made.

Thanks for the suggestion also, I will make sure to pass it onto those in the know.

Cheers!

Amanda Gray

Coopers Club Manager

Amanda,

I have just renewed my membership. Can I please have the Hawaiian Shirt in size 7 XL.

Any news on whether the suppliers were interested in the curtain idea.

Regards

Peter

Kieran,

Show your girlfriend the t-shirts that Coopers actually make for females. They are a far more flattering cut and design than the male t-shirts.

I don't mind the designs for the membership shirts, but I don't want to wear something cut like a sack.

C'mon Coopers. How hard is it? Have had no reply from you and the NT Rep gave me the brush off at the AHA Expo when I asked him about it.

The member benefits in the NT are few and far between and we certainly pay more to drink our favourite brew. A carton of Coopers Light is up to $33 dollars here and I saw it for $20.99 in Adelaide last week. One of the few places I can get Coopers Mild charges $38 a carton and I was gob smacked last week when I saw that Adelaidians can buy it on tap.

Will get off the soap box now.

There's a club night in Alice springs, if you can get down there! ;)

Amanda is the person to get you a shirt sorted out though.. she's been good with the stuffups with the hawaiian for me.. maybe she'll sort you out too?

I agree about the beer prices, being melbourne now, I certainly feel the wallet pinch every time I have a thirst from some Coopers. I havent found Mild here yet, but I reckon $38 sounds like a pretty good deal anyway.. especially when pale around my way in melb is around $49 a carton. Bugger me if I cant find out why its an extra $15 (or more) over here, freight aint that expensive when you ship in bulk! I'm turning into a bloody tooheys extra dry drinker.. as I can't afford pale ale over here. If that isn't a travesty, I dont know what is! Luckily I can smuggle a carton of pale through hand luggage and get away with it.. (yep, got a full 24 bottle carton in my hand luggage last time I flew back).. two cartons of dr tims and a second carton of pale ale in the bags. They looked at me oddly because it was heavy, but they let me through...

the things we have to do

to get our favourite brew!!!

at prices were used to

to stop us having a spew

when we get stuck with bloody awful tooheys new!

Hey Fruity, maybe you and I should get together and have our own COOPERS night?

last one was over 12mths ago.. but I'll be in Darwin the night of the 21st and having a few in Cavenagh's you can't miss me I'm the UGLY one.

Jon

There's a club night in Alice springs, if you can get down there! ;)

When is the club night in Alice? I havn't seen or heard of it, but more importantly Where is it?

Kieran,

Where in Melbourne are you? $49 for a case of pale seems pretty steep.

I pay around $45 at Caulfield Cellars in Glen Huntly Road, South Caulfield. Good blokes that run it, too. If there's an offer on, they'll always slip you a glass or two.

You can get it cheaper than that, but I like supporting my local bottleshop.

Speaking of prices, in Noosa where I was just on holiday, Pale was $47 a case. A couple of days later at Coolum, south of Noosa, I paid $16.95 for a sixer of Pale. Crikey!

Oliver, I'm in Bentleigh East.. and that price is at a few places around here. A mate who lives in Thornbury (up fitzroy way) has a pub that does Pale ale for $40 and sparkling for $42, so I'm gonna start getting him to bring some down. Sometimes they have $38 PA specials even.. I dont mind supporting the local pubs, but after paying $32 in adelaide, $47 here is just ridiculous.. :?

Archived