Coopers Community

labels

GUZZLING GAZZA

Just bottled my first COOPERS SPARKLING ALE and am counting down to a taste test. I was wondering if any thought has been given to labels for identifying home brews of different sorts for your extensive range . So far I have used different caps for different brews but different labels would look pretty flash !!

Can you tell me where I can change my profile as I feel like a jailbird being called c41728.

Regards

GEEBEE

We are looking at a label making package to be developed by the people who built our website.

You can change your profile by going to Coopers Club, Update Profile, edit message board preferences.

I reckon a small label that could be attached to the neck of the bottle would suffice. Just "Coopers Pale Ale" and the "date" it was bottled . It just annoys me when you've got 3 or 4 brews bottled and you are not sure whats what when you want to drink them . However I have found clear glass bottles ( Hahn ice or Vodka cruiser bottles ) are excellent as you can admire the different colours of the various brews .

The plan is to have the labels formatted for easy colour printing on an A4 multi-label sheet. The labels we recommend will be the removable kind...mind you, at this stage we haven't trialled them, so I have no idea how easy they will be to remove!

Bring them on !! . I am lucky enough to have access to a printer and the A4 labels you are talking about ( I guess you mean a print option will be available on this web site ) but are you planning to have printed labels available as I am sure home brewers would love to be able to purchase labels ready to stick on their pride and joys .

honestly fellas... I just go into Word... insert a table of about 4 columns... and however many rows I need... and in each box put....

Wal?s Brew Number 6

Coopers Draught

1kg Brewing Sugar

Alc = 3.7%

Bottled 2/3/04

print it out... cut out each box with scissors... and sticky tape each label to a bottle. just one length of sticky tape to go accross both sides of the label... easy as peas... and it's got all the info you'll ever need.

• 2 weeks later...

Walza me old china , I realise labels can be made at home . My wife has a favourite saying for shoddy work ,"tacked on" she calls it . Obviously home brewers want to take pride in their creations .What I am on about is a "Professional " finish to our product. A plain cap on a bottle probably still labelled with its original contents just doesn't cut it.

When someone trys a brew I've made they inevitably ask "Wots this ?".

Come on Coopers give us a snappy label to complete the cycle and get more exposure to a great range of fine products.

• 10 months later...

Labels take time to set up, print, stick on and then remove!

Try a code on the cap!!! :wink: Ie - PA for Pale Ale, St Stout etc and then a number.

I do this and then have a list next to my shelves. The code refers to the list which includes date brewed and bottled, SG, content (ie what ingredients - for changes in brewing) and then tasting comments.

In 8 yrs of brewing it has helped me to refine the brews and keep the tastes I like - plus it's great to sit down to my own aged and vintage beer!

:D

You're pole-vaulting over mouse-shit.

Just download the free AVERY program from the website listed on the label packaging. If you want a pretentious description top type on, you can get it for each can kit off this coopers website.

Date and ABV: x%

If you want to head the label with the word "Coopers" to look something like the brand logo, scroll thru the font options in Word and select

Script MT bold. upper case 'c' of course, the upsize the font on the letter'c' and it looks close

These labels are such a pain to remove, that I no longer try. Just carefully place each new label over the top of the previous one. Eventually the accumulated thickness will hold enough water during normal cleang that the bottom layer of adhesive will let go and they all fall off.

hope this helps

Kip

I posted some time ago about the subject of coloured caps, I simply buy a few different colours of the cheap spray paint, lay the caps out on a peice of cardboard, the kitchen table, the double bed whatever, give them a quick squirt, presto, identity caps, you only need three or four colours, you can spray from one direction with one colour, then spray the other direction with another two colours per cap doubles your number etc.

you can still write any info on top if you want.

I just use the normal caps,and use round stickers on the cap itself.

I write the abbreviated name on the sticker, and the bottling date - eg " PA 23-1-05", then stick onto the cap

I get the stickers from K- Mart for about $1.50 for a pack of 100, in 4 different colours. Buy a few packs at once and you're set.

Given that one entire batch has the same colour, and that colour wont recure for 4 batches, it works very well! And no label to remove once finished:-)

Archived