Coopers Community

Open Access to this forum

William

I would like to re-open a topic debated on the old message forum - open access to the forum :-)

I, and the majority of previous posters, are in favour of open access.

The argument is - the more the merrier. A democratic open forum with strong input is going to serve all far better than a closed shop approach.

I think we are brave enough to suffer the thoughts of the great unwashed, who would in fact be encouraged to join the club based on the vigorous body of peoples already in it.

No loss of members would be experienced either - there's a wealth of incentive to join the club without forum access being a crucial plank.

And Cooper's moderators can keep it clean if need be!

So how about it - a 'guest login' to this new and groovy forum!

William

Editor, Cooperspubs - a Coopers fan site.

http://www.cooperspubs.com/menu.html

http://www.cooperspubs.com/images/sundry/lpalepuppy.jpg

William,

As much as I know you would love an 'open' message board to 'everyone' and not just 'members', as per my last email on the old message board, it just isn't going to happen in the short term. I have actually discussed this issue with management and they have agreed to leave it as is.

As previously stated the message board is there for access of 'members' only so that they have a priviledge others don't get. For the $33 you pay - it is something extra you get that the 'person next door can't'. You as a member will be the first to hear news, competitions, discounts etc - it is exactly this sort of thing that people asked for that started the Club back in 1996.

Yes having it open will bring other opinions, more messages and interest, but we would prefer to leave it for our 'special members' only, at this stage.

Thanks for the forum idea, I'll keep watch.

Cheers

Claire

Rod,

Thanks for your feedback on the Club and message board.

Firstly in regards to the Coopers Club joining fee of $33. The Coopers Club fee goes towards the operating costs of running the club, this fee doesn't always cover costs and so the brewery itself, invests a considerable amount of money for the benefit of members, to keep the club running.

Basically the fee covers the ability to produce, print and mail the newsletters, printing and mailouts of invites for Club nights, all costs involved with nights such as venue, food, beer, prizes, MC etc. We also provide the 10% discount on merchandise subsidised by Coopers and pay in advance to purchase the members packages, and pay for the delivery of the packages etc.

As you can see the $33 needs to go a long way, and it is surprising how expensive it is just to get the basics to members. We are continually trying to upgrade the offers and incentives to members to remain a part of the club and you will see changes along the way. Some will be coming your way very shortly.

In regards to your shirt size, if you call Amanda at the Coopers Club she will be happy to arrange a shirt specifically made to your size - we never like to leave anyone out.

As for the message board- we too- hope that the traffic increases and that members share their brewing experiences, or questions they may have, with each other.

Hopefully this new format will help in that process, and it is members such as yourself being a part of the Club and message board that makes it such an enjoyable experience.

From the Coopers staff end, we will endeavour to place a wide range of topics on to the message board to help stimulate activity.

Thanks again Rod for your feedback, we really do appreciate it. Don't forget to call Amanda and she will organise your shirt.

Cheers

Claire

Members only access is the way to go for this site. We have enough members, going on the membership numbers we see in the lucky draw, to make this site a success. There are four venues for members - Club, Beer, Homebrew and Merchandising. Perhaps we just need General and Homebrew (homebrew having attracted more posts than probably all the others put together in the past). As a passionate? homebrewer, in search of the holy grail - the perfect beer, I have gleaned valuable advice from this site, and even from off site discussions with members initiated by posts on site. Member c37901 says that we need a lot of support from contributors to make the site work. Exactly! More people answer posts than initiate them, so let's give people something to comment on. Send in those questions, skite about your great brew! Pirate stuff from other sites if it good gear, pretend it's your advice. Whatever! Have a few Coopers, homebrew or not, and let the keyboard run free,

Bob

I can see the merit in opening this forum up to the unwashed masses, in that answers to questions would be answered faster and more in-depth. I can also see the merit in keeping it a special feature for paying members.

As an aside, it is possible for guests to view these forums, but not to post.

That is, if they know the url.

Archived