Coopers Community

When a Keg Blows

Scottie

Hey Adz

I'd really need to capture this on a video as a still photo wouldn't do it justice, but I can describe the process:

You are pouring a beer, the very last from that keg, when suddenly the beer starts to run out, there's a couple of splutters then the beer is replaced with escaping C02 and the foam in the glass splashes out.

The as Chad says "Yarrh, Thar she blows!"

• 1 month later...
Thar goes a Cooper's SA clone! She was a good 'un but maybe better next time![biggrin]

I've actually changed my mind about mine! I love it! [love]

Oh yeah, arrrrgh!

Yarrh, Phil!

How did you bitter your's? Did you Keg it? What's your water like? Are you from Adelaide? That's where Cooper's brews, it's it?[unsure] [devil] [sideways]

• 1 month later...

Yarrh! Thar goes another. Now I be under the pump.

LCPA IV splutter splutter, 2 kegs MT.

[bandit] [alien] [ninja] [pinched]

On the bright side the next keg will be the first partial that I tap [happy]

But alas that won't be tonight

Yarrh! Thar she blows!

Thar goes the Dortmunder Lager! She took 7 month to brew and lager and 7 days to drink her down. Also she was a fine, fine brew. It's a crying shame I didn't brew a full batch[annoyed] .

The sun must have been permanently below the yardarm the whole week Chad!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There goes that English Bitter, blew out on what was supposed to be the last day of the Ashes.

Was a fine Partial Mash Ale using the Coopers EB kit. Scotties Golden Ale awaits at 4.4 weeks in the keg, maybe tap this one on the Weekend. Still running short with Only 1/2 keg of Euro Lager in the Kegerator, a keg of Pils in the Keg fridge along with the Golden.

• 2 weeks later...

And there goes that Euro Lager, a true lager that was quite enjoyable even though it wasn't packed with hops. Kegging situation is improving with the DR S Light Amber CCing at the mo and ready for kegging on the weekned.

• 3 weeks later...

Stuff me, three kegs blow in a row.

Damn I was really enjoying that Golden Ale. Now I'm onto a 3.7 week old Yorkshire Bitter. I reckon I'll have to switch to my bottled Ashes Ale to get some condition in my keg stocks.

The infected Willy didn't help much.

Scottie

Valley Boy Brewing

G'day Scottie, err... Valley Boy.

This must be your 5th or 6th re-incarnation yes? unsure

If I ever do get down to Tassie for the Beer Festival, I know your house won't be hard to find. Out the front will most likely be a large old British police box.

Something like this I imagine...

220px-TARDIS2.jpg

Only Doctor Who has had more re-incarnations than you I think Scottie! Hehehe! lol

If you happen to have Tom Baker imprisoned inside it, that would be an added reason for me to get down there to Tassie. biggrin

Beerlust <- - - - - - - - - - Old school Doctor Who nut!

Cheers,

Anthony.