Coopers Community

Brew Day!! Whatcha' got,eh! no.2

Canadian Eh!L

What's the technique with the syringe trick? Do you just pump air into it? I wouldn't mind giving it a go and I've got an APA bottled that isn't fully carbed yet so would be a good one to try it on I think.

I've only ever seen the Ruby Red Ale in bottle shops here but if I do see any of the others I'll definitely give them a go. I daresay we'll frequent the bottle shop less now that I've got my stockpile of SNPA bottles pretty much where I want it, and have built up a stockpile of brews again after those wedding ones. Probably just go and sample some random beers now and then now, although there are a number of craft beer bars springing up all over the place as well that we often go to. [cool]

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the technique with the syringe trick?

You suck up beer into the syringe and then pump it back in. It can sometimes foam a fair bit so leave a little headsapce in the glass until you work out how much you need. For some beers you may need a full syringe and other times a half syringe.

It works well though.

A Pale from the can' date=' 250g crystal and hopped to the eyeballs with Citra.[/quote']

Hey Tennyson

You've certainly got those brews pumping out. What sort of hop to the eyeballs is this one, early or late in the kettle or dry hopped?

0.25 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (236.4 EBC) Grain 1 6.7 %

2.00 kg Light Dry Extract (15.8 EBC) Dry Extract 2 53.3 %

1.50 kg Wheat Liquid Extract (15.8 EBC) Extract 3 40.0 %

15.00 g Magnum [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 4 14.3 IBUs

15.00 g Motueka [7.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 5 5.5 IBUs

18.00 g Motueka [7.00 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 6 1.7 IBUs

1.0 pkg Danstar Belle Saison

Do you give your brews names?

What sort of hop to the eyeballs is this one, early or late in the kettle or dry hopped?

10 Citra @ 20

25 Citra @ 10

25 Citra @ 5

30 Citra Dry Hop

Have only just moved into the better side of brewing and am stunned at the variety of everything on offer. In a hurry to taste lots of stuff. It's fun.

Archived