Coopers Community

Brew Day!! Whatcha' got,eh! no.2

Canadian Eh!L

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is very nice and very hoppy. I can't take credit for the recipe though, it was given to me by a mate. For me it has about the perfect amount of bitterness, aroma etc.

I think they are the same. In fact someone mentioned at our last brewer's meeting that they go by another name as well, I just can't think what it is off hand.

Just looked it up and they are sometimes called Zeus, depending on the grower.

You will often find it referred to as CTZ.

The problem with trawling home brew forums is that I find so many recipes and hops I want to brew with.

You will often find it referred to as CTZ.

The problem with trawling home brew forums is that I find so many recipes and hops I want to brew with.

CTZ - That's the one I was thinking of....

I have the same problem - every recipe I see I want to make it...[cool]

I am up to brew number 61 and have probably only made 3 or 4 brews more than once. Not because they were no good - I just have an urge to try something different all the time.

Brew Day: AG RIPA Cat's Rye

Well, this is my second time brewing this one. The 1st attempt turned out beautiful. Tried to follow the recipe to the letter but alas the cards were against me. I made two notable blunders. The 1st one was forgetting the 600g of rye malt that was to go in the mash[pinched] . I remembered as I started running off[pinched] . Well, I quickly ground the rye and added it to the mash and continued the mash for 120mins instead of 60mins. Who know what that might turn out like?[unsure] The 2nd blunder was adding 1oz. Citra(wholeleaf) instead of 16g FWH[surprised !

Ooops! Brain fart![lol] [roll]

We'll see, eh?![lol]

Another couple of things of things of note on my last brewday.

1. First time trying my new refractometer[cool]

2. First time using rice hulls with rye malt in the mash. It made a noticeable difference for clearing the hazy gunk out of the wort. It was a lot smoother trying to get it out of the kettle this time.[cool]

So, I'm headed back into the bush for another shift or two of work. I'll see you blokes when the dust settles.

BTW, Haha! Phil finally broke the other Brewday thread![lol]

Bottled the Mr Sinister yesterday and if I've done all my calcs right its come in at 7.48%. Lucky for me I'm moving house over the next month so it will have at least that long to condition... unlike the poor ol hop slam IPA which I seem to have run out of... doh!

Well, not really a brew day so to speak, but I was in no shape to bottle my Belgian Pale Ale on Sunday when I had planned to [pinched] so did it tonight. Been a long time since I bottled after dinner on a work night. Next time I decide to put it off, someone friggin' slap me will you? [happy]

Oh yeah, here are my babies. [love] [devil]

rdd6.jpg

Awesome brew day!

Del (Craig) is a pure gentleman, and his Mrs is far more tolerant than mine! [lol]

Sent him home with 20-odd litres of wort, so I hope he's a happy camper.[lol]

My girlfriend is very tolerant. My wife isn't so tolerant of my girlfriend though [biggrin]

I'm sure Craig had a good day and learned a lot. And who wouldn't be happy with 20 odd litres of wort at the end of it.

You're a good guy, Phil [rightful]

My girlfriend has never met my wife so it is a bit hard to tell how tolerant she is [cool]

I am trying to work out what is odd about 20 litres of wort.

You are a top bloke Phil for promoting home brewing to a new brewer.

That's great stuff Philbo. [cool]

So when can I come around for 20 litres of free wort? [lol]

I could do with a weekend off of having to brew myself! [biggrin]

What did you finally decide on for the make-up of the stout?

Anthony.

I work pretty crappy shifts throughout the week (Worked all day today). I have split days off which sucks. [pinched]

When I'm not working, I'm either washing/cleaning/maintaining the outside lawns/gardens or brewing. Unfortunately not much time outside of that for much else.

Brew Boys, they're the craft brewery out on Regency Road just up from Coopers right?

Anthony.

Archived