Coopers Community

White PET caps?

King Ruddager

First up, here's what I know:

1. PET caps are re-usable

2. Coopers ones are cheap and readily available

Despite fact 1, I still have this thing about using the caps once and then throwing them away. Probably a waste, but there's something that goes off in my head which makes me throw it out each time, and I don't think I'm the only person that does it. New caps is just part of the cost of brewing ("cost" being only about $3-4 each batch) to me so I've made peace with that long ago.

So, since I'm treating caps as single use what I'd really like to be able to do is draw on the tops of them so that I know what's in each bottle. Unfortunately the cheapest and most readily available caps (see fact 2) are black. How am I supposed to write roman numerals on a black cap? I can't. That's how.

Does anyone know of a supplier I could get white caps from at a reasonable price? A bulk purchase of ~120 would be ideal.

Paul, have Coopers ever thought about making white caps available? Has it ever come up? The DIY kit comes with a texta - I could even use that texta to write on my lids! [smile]

I guess my other option would be to find some round stickers that I can scribble on. Hmmm ...

G'day Mate,

I know it might not help you much in Adelaide, but my LHBS in Toowoomba has white caps on the shelf, I saw them just the other day.

I'm pretty sure you can get a White Texta that should work on the black caps.....I have not seen this to say it is absolutley correct but can't see why it wouldn't work. Or possibly try one of those white out pens!! (Do they still make them??)

Wal

We've considered all sorts of different coloured PET caps but our Marketing Department prefer black. [sideways]

Lately, I've been using a small piece of invisible sticky tape - it looks frosty on the roll and also frosty on the cap, making any texta markings visible. [cool]

I can understand why the marketing department prefer black - it looks better. I'd definitely include black caps in the DIY kit and bottle boxes, but us brewers aren't exactly ... well, take a look at most people's equipment and setup - they're usually always very functional but not exactly pretty! White ones might just appeal to practically minded customers, of which I'm sure you have many.

We've considered all sorts of different coloured PET caps but our Marketing Department prefer black.

I take it the Marketing Department aren't home brewers. I use little white round stickers but writing on white caps would be far easier. Black does look better though but I'm not concerned about that.

Lately' date=' I've been using a small piece of invisible sticky tape[/quote']

I've tried that but can never find where I have put it [innocent]

I bought some Brigalow white caps ($4 for 25 - what a scam making you buy two bags) from the fresh food folks just recently and I also use a white paint pen on the black caps.

Tried to upload a photo but it surpasses my cognitive thought this Friday afternoon.

I still have this thing about using the caps once and then throwing them away. Probably a waste' date=' but there's something that goes off in my head which makes me throw it out each time[/quote']

Hypnotherapy might help with this KR, i dont wash my hands any where near as much as i used to anymore[happy]

First up, here's what I know:

1. PET caps are re-usable

2. Coopers ones are cheap and readily available

Despite fact 1, I still have this thing about using the caps once and then throwing them away. Probably a waste, but there's something that goes off in my head which makes me throw it out each time, and I don't think I'm the only person that does it. New caps is just part of the cost of brewing ("cost" being only about $3-4 each batch) to me so I've made peace with that long ago.

So, since I'm treating caps as single use what I'd really like to be able to do is draw on the tops of them so that I know what's in each bottle. Unfortunately the cheapest and most readily available caps (see fact 2) are black. How am I supposed to write roman numerals on a black cap? I can't. That's how.

Does anyone know of a supplier I could get white caps from at a reasonable price? A bulk purchase of ~120 would be ideal.

Paul, have Coopers ever thought about making white caps available? Has it ever come up? The DIY kit comes with a texta - I could even use that texta to write on my lids! [smile]

I guess my other option would be to find some round stickers that I can scribble on. Hmmm ...

you could collect soft drink bottle caps...same thread

I also use a white paint pen on the black caps.

I'm going to give this a go. I tried different textas when first starting out to no avail but I didn't think of paint pens.

And I can just give every beer I make the same name so I can re-use the caps [innocent]

Archived