Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

Well, seeing as everyone else is having a crack I\u2019d better join in\u2026!!!

I\u2019m 38, married with 4 kids, I manage the family business which mainly revolves around grain trading.

I am getting taller as I get older, which can be proven by the fact that I am growing through my hair\u2026[crying]

I try to spend as much time as I can with the kids \u2013 they seem to be growing way too quickly (12, 10, 5, 3), when you have a 12 year old boy in the house life should get easier because he seems to know everything!!!

I find it interesting that most people on this forum, particularly those who have contributed to this thread, could probably quite easily find a common link with just about everyone else outside of making beer. My younger years were spent in western QLD (so I agree with Nedg \u2013 stop whinging about the bloody temperature, it is summer in Australia!!!). I like to take the kids fishing, camping and swimming in the surf, but like a lot of us that don\u2019t spend a lot of time at the beach I swim like a wounded wombat.

I ride a motorbike when time allows \u2013 a proper bike of course, an XR 650 (Yob, I noticed an ADB banner in one of your photos somewhere so I\u2019m sure at least you will know about these dinosaurs!!!).

Whilst I don\u2019t post a lot on this forum because I try to only speak when I have something useful to add, I do enjoy reading everyone\u2019s comments, tips, advice, witty quips etc. on a daily basis. I particularly enjoy the input from our friends from different parts of the world, like Canada, Ireland and Tasmania[innocent] !!!

On a serious note, I am thinking about the people in Tasmania affected by the fires \u2013 it\u2019s something we can do without.

I hope everyone has a great year!!!

great post wal. cheers Nedg

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a serious note, I am thinking about the people in Tasmania affected by the fires \u2013 it\u2019s something we can do without.

Yup.. the old man lost his house in the fires there.. My grandfather built it when he came back from WWII [crying] I spent a fair deal of my childhood at that property riding motorbikes, shooting, fishing etc..

[crying] [crying]

"All you'll get off me is a size 10 boot up the khyber' date=' ya flamin' drongo!" [biggrin']

the only time you hear aussies talk like that is in these corny old Australian movies....the kids these days seem to talk more like the yanks. we do still swear a lot, its something that as a nation, we are probably the world leaders[biggrin]

lol i can assure you nick that the irish are good at swearing too.

they have the same way of thinking ...we dont swear to offend (usually) its just a way of life lol

p.s im still loving this thread lol

Hey Kelse and Scott' date=' did you catch IM at the RNA, soundwave 2011?[/quote']

Alas, no, I can't afford to attend festivals. I did see them when they came out in 2008. Awesome show. Have Seventh Son, Powerslave and Live After Death on Vinyl. I am going to see Kiss, M\xf6tley Cr\xfce and Thin Lizzy in March....and I will make a brew to mark the occasion. There, I made the post about brewing. [cool]

Thanks for all who have posted in this thread, it looks like we are all enjoying finding out things about each other and also sharing a bit about ourselves. Thank you also to PB2 who put this thread back in \u201cBrewing Blether\u201d. Its good to have a nice corner of the room to talk about things not exactly about brewing, but about the things we enjoy doing when we are not brewing .

Any other room and this thread may have disappeared. If this thread does fade away, then it doesn\u2019t matter, because it has already served its purpose. When we see posts in various threads from different members, we will have a much better understanding of who those members really are. New members can see who\u2019s who in the zoo and introduce themselves as well.

I think this thread epitomizes what this forum stands for and I hope it survives a little longer yet.

Nick

PS still a couple of mug shots outstanding[biggrin]

I 100% support the introduction of an Eddie the Head emoticon. [lol]

Yes, you're right Lusty, he is the band's mascot and appears on all of their album and single covers. He was drawn by Derek Riggs for a long time but I think the latest album cover was done by someone else and he looks more like Snaggletooth (Mot\xf6rhead mascot) than Eddie on it.

According to Riggs (supposedly) he was inspired by this photo of a Japanese soldier's head from WWII:

"Derek Riggs claimed - in the Maiden documentary 12 Wasted Years - that the design for Eddie the cartoon was based on what was supposedly a Japanese head he saw on a television documentary, hanging on the side of a burned out Japanese tank at the Matanikau River during the Battle for Henderson Field, October 24, 1942."

47917_1584489220726_7653395_n.jpg

Just a bit of interesting trivia for you all!

Now I think I'll have a beer or two and watch the cricket.. got my amber ale to bottle on Monday, and might do up another pale ale and cube it if I have time too.

Yup.. the old man lost his house in the fires there.. My grandfather built it when he came back from WWII [crying] I spent a fair deal of my childhood at that property riding motorbikes, shooting, fishing etc..

[crying] [crying]

Sorry to hear that Yob, I hope all your family are OK. Obviously a lot of history in the house, not to mention it being someones home. [sad]

On a serious note' date=' I am thinking about the people in Tasmania affected by the fires \u2013 it\u2019s something we can do without.[/quote']

[crying] [crying]

That is horrible news mate. I hope everyone is OK. There are many things in a home that can't be replaced and people are at the top of that list.

Well...

Everyone else is jumping on board, and I never posted a pic in my previous post.

Here's one from mid last year, when I was extremely happy with a new T shirt SWMBO had ordered for me.

Best shirt ever. I thought it was hilarious even before I was informed that 'A Flock of Seagulls' was a pop band from the 80's and this was a pisstake on their album cover.[lol] [lol]

EDIT: Removed the pic due to web paranoia 2.0

[crying] [crying]

so sorry to hear yob...as i said in email i thought you meant the fires back in 87....i hope the family will be ok.....regards to the family mate

[crying] [crying]

so sorry to hear yob...as i said in email i thought you meant the fires back in 87....i hope the family will be ok.....regards to the family mate

I missed that post. All the best to you and family Yob.

Archived