Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nick i think youve kicked ass with this thread

Thanks Ned, i am glad you you're enjoying it, i think a few others are as well hey?, not too many have been shy, but there are a couple who may be still waiting. Whos that PB2 bloke?? [innocent]

woohoo i remember the 60's we had rockers versus surfies then rockers versus mods...bring it on lol

If you remember the sixties Nedge, and you're not sixty yet, you can't have been as bad a boy as you reckon!...[cool] you know what they say, if you can remember the sixties you weren't there!..[biggrin]

woohoo i remember the 60's we had rockers versus surfies then rockers versus mods...bring it on lol

If you remember the sixties Nedge, and you're not sixty yet, you can't have been as bad a boy as you reckon!...[cool] you know what they say, if you can remember the sixties you weren't there!..[biggrin]

hahaha your correct but...i spent most of it in boys homes lol

only had metho and cordial to play with there lol

footnote....its the last few decades i forget the most lol

Well, seeing as everyone else is having a crack I\u2019d better join in\u2026!!!

I\u2019m 38, married with 4 kids, I manage the family business which mainly revolves around grain trading.

I am getting taller as I get older, which can be proven by the fact that I am growing through my hair\u2026[crying]

I try to spend as much time as I can with the kids \u2013 they seem to be growing way too quickly (12, 10, 5, 3), when you have a 12 year old boy in the house life should get easier because he seems to know everything!!!

I find it interesting that most people on this forum, particularly those who have contributed to this thread, could probably quite easily find a common link with just about everyone else outside of making beer. My younger years were spent in western QLD (so I agree with Nedg \u2013 stop whinging about the bloody temperature, it is summer in Australia!!!). I like to take the kids fishing, camping and swimming in the surf, but like a lot of us that don\u2019t spend a lot of time at the beach I swim like a wounded wombat.

I ride a motorbike when time allows \u2013 a proper bike of course, an XR 650 (Yob, I noticed an ADB banner in one of your photos somewhere so I\u2019m sure at least you will know about these dinosaurs!!!).

Whilst I don\u2019t post a lot on this forum because I try to only speak when I have something useful to add, I do enjoy reading everyone\u2019s comments, tips, advice, witty quips etc. on a daily basis. I particularly enjoy the input from our friends from different parts of the world, like Canada, Ireland and Tasmania[innocent] !!!

On a serious note, I am thinking about the people in Tasmania affected by the fires \u2013 it\u2019s something we can do without.

I hope everyone has a great year!!!

Well, seeing as everyone else is having a crack I\u2019d better join in\u2026!!!

I\u2019m 38, married with 4 kids, I manage the family business which mainly revolves around grain trading.

I am getting taller as I get older, which can be proven by the fact that I am growing through my hair\u2026[crying]

I try to spend as much time as I can with the kids \u2013 they seem to be growing way too quickly (12, 10, 5, 3), when you have a 12 year old boy in the house life should get easier because he seems to know everything!!!

I find it interesting that most people on this forum, particularly those who have contributed to this thread, could probably quite easily find a common link with just about everyone else outside of making beer. My younger years were spent in western QLD (so I agree with Nedg \u2013 stop whinging about the bloody temperature, it is summer in Australia!!!). I like to take the kids fishing, camping and swimming in the surf, but like a lot of us that don\u2019t spend a lot of time at the beach I swim like a wounded wombat.

I ride a motorbike when time allows \u2013 a proper bike of course, an XR 650 (Yob, I noticed an ADB banner in one of your photos somewhere so I\u2019m sure at least you will know about these dinosaurs!!!).

Whilst I don\u2019t post a lot on this forum because I try to only speak when I have something useful to add, I do enjoy reading everyone\u2019s comments, tips, advice, witty quips etc. on a daily basis. I particularly enjoy the input from our friends from different parts of the world, like Canada, Ireland and Tasmania[innocent] !!!

On a serious note, I am thinking about the people in Tasmania affected by the fires \u2013 it\u2019s something we can do without.

I hope everyone has a great year!!!

Hi Wal, thanks for your post, i have to agree with you, blokes who love their beer often share other interests.

If you see a someone with a receding hairline, riding a motorbike on his way to the river for a fish, you can bet your life you know him from here.

Cheers, Nick

and if he's packing an AK47, he'll probably have an Irish accent

It seems that the Coopers legal department have relegated this thread to the cold wastelands.

Pity.

It was informative and definitely added to the blether of brewing...

Pb2, If we all perhaps added our favorite Cooper's kit recipe/practice or something, could we get this back on Brewing Blether?

It seems that the Coopers legal department have relegated this thread to the cold wastelands.

Pity.

It was informative and definitely added to the blether of brewing...

Pb2, If we all perhaps added our favorite Cooper's kit recipe/practice or something, could we get this back on Brewing Blether?

Bloody oath, Eoin. there is the personal details sticky in BB, whats that got to do with brewing? Maybe this should replace it, at least its being used the way it was intended.

What better way for new members to get to know a bit about this community and then tell us a little about themselves?

As you said, this will now end up somewhere in siberia and never be heard of again.

awesome!!!!!!is it a rocket3???i am a retired biker..love old bikes cars even swmbo isnt too new lol...cheers Nedg

Hey Ned,

No my bike is a A65L. It's a twin 650 with dual carbs and 4speed gearbox. It's got a lot of charm. It rumbles, smokes, leaks oil, and vibrates so much that at the end of a 50km run on her your bottle of homebrew would slide staight out of your hand without you even feeling it.[cool] Not to mention you would have to retighten all the bolts back on her. I love it!

[bloody oath' date= Eoin. there is the personal details sticky in BB, whats that got to do with brewing? Maybe this should replace it, at least its being used the way it was intended. this will now end up somewhere in siberia and never be heard of again.[/quote]

Hey Nick

If you check the initial post in the aforementioned sticky you will see what the thread was intended for, from what I understand all the forum members under the old Coopers Club format were "known by numbers not names". PB2 posted these instructions to let members know they could update their personal info under their profile. Still applicable to new PC forum users.

As for Siberia, this post won't go there until people stop posting to the thread. When they do it will slide off the front page, but this also happens in the Blether and the Resource.

Its a good thread and as ling as members continue to post then it will stay up front.

Between the rest of us we should commit to bumping this thread every couple of months to ensure new members van post the mugs as well.

awesome!!!!!!is it a rocket3???i am a retired biker..love old bikes cars even swmbo isnt too new lol...cheers Nedg

Hey Ned,

No my bike is a A65L. It's a twin 650 with dual carbs and 4speed gearbox. It's got a lot of charm. It rumbles, smokes, leaks oil, and vibrates so much that at the end of a 50km run on her your bottle of homebrew would slide staight out of your hand without you even feeling it.[cool] Not to mention you would have to retighten all the bolts back on her. I love it!

hahaha sounds like a bsa for sure..they are beautiful old bikes...your a lucky man

Well i guess i best put a few more details....im 58 years of age, no kids of my own but swmbo came with 4 and 11 grandkids (she says im her last kid ever)lol. i like motorbikes, camping, like to go opal mining but all ive managed to do is wash dirt with no opal in it, love travelling when i can and of course love a beer or twenty.I live in Ulladulla and love the place. I torment swmbo but shes my rock and the best mate ive ever had.Well thats about it i guess the only thing i havent done for years is go fishing but i hope to sort that out in the near future, cheers Nedg

Yep! Perhaps your favourtie kit...[biggrin]

Righto then, I'll get the ball rolling. I just knocked the top off an English Bitter yesterday that I bottled about a month ago. The only addition to the standard recipe is that I added 25g of steeped Fuggles. It tasted pretty damn good, so this is the long way of saying that my favourite kit at the moment is the EB.... [cool]

Hi Wal, thanks for your post, i have to agree with you, blokes who love their beer often share other interests.

If you see a someone with a receding hairline, riding a motorbike on his way to the river for a fish, you can bet your life you know him from here.

Cheers, Nick

and if he's packing an AK47, he'll probably have an Irish accent

To get back on topic - I returned to work today after a couple of weeks off for Christmas, took the family to the beach for a few days but didn't catch any fish [annoyed] . Maybe I should have borrowed one of the Good Lord's weapons, the old fashioned method of rod and reel didn't work!!!

So here we go....

I'm Ivon. I'm 35yrs old and a Chef. Absolutely love sports (basketball, cricket, League, NFL, AFL etc) although I've gotten a little too "round" over the last few years to keep playing [lol]

Other hobbies include Fishing (CQ is great for this) and Karaoke (couple of comp wins under the belt)

One of the big things I love bout beer and brewing is it is like food and cooking. There are parameters for style and ingredients that can be fiddled with [bandit]

My favourite kit is the Australian Pale Ale - made three awesome beers with that one - Fruit Salad Ale, LCPA listed in my signature and Wegg's Amber Yak.

I will expand a little more too...

Like Ivon I love sport - AFL obviously, with the Collingwood thing, and also Cricket, NFL, will watch League etc. I also write for a sports website - http://thearmchairselector.com/ If you're interested in NFL most of my articles are on that at the moment, with their season on and AFL not.

I don't fish or shoot, I love to cook, but am grumpy enough without being a Chef according to SWMBO.

I'm very much into natural stuff - no nasty chemicals in toiletries or cleaning products, no artificial sweeteners etc., so brewing my own beer is a great way to ensure it's "pure" beer

Favourite kit? Way too hard considering there exist 3 kits as good as the Coopers APA, IPA, and English Bitter. I have made some outstanding beers from these kits using added hops, grain additions and partials.

I would shed many a tear if I somehow found myself without the time or the means to AG, but my salvation would be the quality of beer I could get into the FV in under an hour with one of these magnificent kits. [love]

Peace out. [happy]

EDIT: Refer to my previous post for the candlelit dinners and walks on the beach stuff.[lol]

So here we go....

I'm Ivon. I'm 35yrs old and a Chef. Absolutely love sports (basketball, cricket, League, NFL, AFL etc) although I've gotten a little too "round" over the last few years to keep playing [lol]

Other hobbies include Fishing (CQ is great for this) and Karaoke (couple of comp wins under the belt)

One of the big things I love bout beer and brewing is it is like food and cooking. There are parameters for style and ingredients that can be fiddled with [bandit]

G'day Ivan, cheers for the post and info. Fishing is a bit of a common denominator on this thread, but few activities are as well suited to having a beer as fishing is. CQ has some great dams and rivers for fishing and its gods own country to boot. Probably get a few other suggestions for that though.[biggrin]

I swear I posted in here before. Ill put that down to drinking too much.

Uh where do I start. Im 23 years young, wasnt really into beer a lot til about a year ago when I was handed a 150 Lashes by someone and fell head over heels for it, and the love of beer grew then a mate handed me a home brew one night and I knew it was destiny.

I enjoy proper football with a round ball none of this oval shaped stuff. I do enjoy watching sport though and will watch any form of football and will watch basically anything besides tennis and golf (playing it is ok though!), and like most of you I do enjoy a good days/nights fishing though it doesnt happen often enough.

I work for Coles Liquor and manage my own bottleshop. I have worked for em for 5 years and am currently contemplating a change of scenery.

Hey Guys

Real name is Gerard

Mad rugby (Waratahs) Cricket and V8Supercars (FORD) fan but love nearly all sports (Golf sucks)

Living in NQ selling tractor parts but am moving back to CW NSW where i grew up selling whole tractors.

Favorite Kits are the Canadian Blonde (With Saaz) Dark Ale (with NS)and the Euro Lager (Haven't done it for a long time)

29 years old, Married, 2 Ankle Biters and a DOG!

Started Brewing about 4 years ago with a mate but when i moved up here I kept going and he stopped.

have been on and off on here for a while and hope to do more brewing when i get back home!

Hi DOA and Squishy, thanks for the posts. the old fishing and sport theme is pretty common here, but no surprise there.

Hey Squishy, your right about golf, but something keeps making us go back??

welcome[biggrin]

hi squishy it looks like you are in ayr at the moment i am in mackay 3 hrs south and i think the fishing is fantastic up in this part of the world [happy] but brewing beer in summer is hard to keep the temp down is there any ideas you have that will help thanks

best way would be a fridge but the wife won't let me splurge

Hey Squish, I used to think the same, but if you're referring to $ and not space, there's really nothing to it. Any old fridge will do, I've got a 20-30yo Westinghouse which I picked up for nothing, the STC-1000 was $20 from eBay, all the bits to wire it up came to about $15.

As far as consumption goes, I live in Adelaide, and during summer we often have weeks in a row over 30c (I think 2009 was the worst with 11 days in a row over 40c [pinched]) and mine still only comes on for 5-10mins every hour to maintain 20c![lol] [lol]

Seriously mate, space is the only possible concern, cos the rest is all peanuts. Even in winter there is nothing better than putting the FV in the fridge and letting mr STC do the rest. No more checking temps, worrying about correct pitching temps, the fridge can do it all. I put it off for too long, and I'm urging others to not make the same mistake. [happy] [happy] [happy]

Archived