Coopers Community

about ourselves

Nick

When the club you barrack for has won more premierships than any other Australian Football League team

Yeah, except they haven't. They won all their premierships in the SANFL. The AFL is just the VFL competition renamed, so sorry mate, they don't count in the AFL [lol] [innocent] They may have won more than any other Australian football team in general but that's different. [tongue]

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, since everyone's been doing this I might as well get in on it as well. [lol]

My real first name is Kelsey, as it says in my sig, I'm 26, and I'm currently working as a bus driver for Brisbane City Council which I started in August. It's gotta be the cruisiest job in the world. It was this job which has provided me the cash to upgrade to AG. Prior to that I was self employed as a courier driver which looking back was largely a waste of time and effort given the amount of expenses associated with it. It's almost impossible to make anything out of it. And before that I did an apprenticeship on a golf course as a greenkeeper. I obviously love my beer, I enjoy a night out at the pub with my mates, and I often go to friends' places with a few brews for them to try which usually go down a treat, which is good!

I play guitar in a heavy rock band, and this photo was taken at the filming of our first video clip, not the greatest but anyway [lol] - I've actually cut my hair shorter since then:

561798_396599417073314_232520052_n.jpg

for some reason the site started to forget me and now I have to log on every time' date=' so I don't bother unless I have something to say! [/quote']

Ross, I had the same problem until about a week ago, Chad told me that you have to log on to any other screen but Talk Brewing (I used 'My Brewery'), tick 'remember me'. And it bloody worked! [pinched]

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm not wild about posting much personal stuff online, but here goes.

My name's Phil (duh) and I'm 34 years young. Between the age of 20 to 30 my thick head of hair migrated from my head to the rest of my body, but what the hell, it keeps me warm (not that we need it here in SA at the mo!)

I'm an IT manager by day, but by night I'm a metal-head, flannelette wearing sci-fi nerd bogan. Married with 3 fur children (1 dog, 2 cats[lol]).

Nice thread BTW.

Well, seeing as i started the thread, i may as well post a bit about me. I am quite surprised at the response and hope there is plenty more to come, and hey Lusty i dont care how OT things get[innocent] .

I am 50yo, was married for 27 years, but now have a new partner. She shares my passion for brewing, which is why i am happy bottle priming, it is good with 2 people bottling, drinking and listening to a few tunes together.

I have 3 kids, 2 boys who are surveyors and a 17 YO daughter living at home with me. I am a customer service manager for a company that makes building materials, but anything that ends up on my desk is normally way past being a service issue. (maybe thats why i get a bit antsey at the occasional forum shennanigan, i dont have much room left for conflict after a day at work[pinched]

As you can see, my passion is fishing and camping. I love sneaking aroung a flooded gorge or dam, flicking lures and trying to catch supper. it does happen now and then[cool]

Nothing better after a hot day on the water, than downing a dozen or so cold homies and then settling into some steady drinking and bullshitting around the campfire.

No real hobbies, but i do play golf and played cricket for 20 odd years, but gave that up a while ago. I would still play if all i had to do was bat, but they make me field as well[devil]

Nothing really interesting about me, but i did drum in a few punk bands in Melbourne in the early 80's. the mowhawks gone, but i still enjoy the music.

Anyway, thats about it for me, cheers and beers lads, lasses and Lordeoin????

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/5510/dscf1054sm.jpg[/img]]dscf1054sm.jpg

Fielding is the best bit [w00t]

But then I was a wicketkeeper that couldn't bat very well. Bowling was alright but it was a bit hard to bowl and keep wickets at the same time [biggrin]

I'm 38 years old, married with 2 kids. I work in an office job, so lots of time sitting around and thinking of my next brew.

I'm really not very exciting so not much more to add.

And general all round good yeast daddy [lol]

She mentioned that alright...[biggrin]

Well, I suppose since you lot have bore your souls to the internet, it would be rude of me not to also.

I'm 30 from Ireland, where it is currently 9.1C outside. brr

For fun I kill stuff and eat it.

I have a plethora of animals that help to scare things out of holes and bushes so that I can shoot them.

Some animals think that they can cleverly hide underwater, but like so many others of you, i also hunt them there by means of barbarous hooks disguised as insects.

I also like to grow things (I'm a horticulturalist!) so maybe i'll start growing some hops soon..

When the weather is slightly better I restore vintage Vespa scooters in my garage and even won a national restoration competition for it.

I like to set things on fire!

In total contrast to what I do in my spare time, professionally I work in online gaming support (and that's about where my contract tells me to stop talking).

I have my first spawn on its way in June, so I'm making the most of drinking and smoking excessively before my life implodes in a shower of tears and nappies.

Right now, I'm wearing blue jeans, a blue/white striped shirt and a black dufflecoat.

Oh yeah, and I'm an ordained minister (but only in USA)

Now... which picture to choose?....

This one I suppose:

Untitled_zps549b8ff6.jpg

Hey All,

My name is Chad. I'm 38 years old. I like all things old fashion. I have a bit of a collection of old things. I ride a 1971 BSA Lightning and driving a 72' VW Westy.

I've been happily married for 9 year and have three young boys (4, 2, 5mo!).

I have a few different hats I wear at work. I work for a forestery contracting co. were I do a number of tasks such as tree planting, tree falling, tree burning, tree tending... You get the idea. I do a lot of stomping around in the forest. When I'm not stomping around in the forest you can find me guiding sightseeing/birdwatching river trips on the Columbia river. If I'm not doing either of those jobs I'm probably carpentering on log houses.

My hobbies include fishing, canoeing, camping, birdwatching, gardening, and tinkering with my old stuff[cool] ! Oh! and homebrewing!

p1100213n.jpg

This is me on the job a couple of weeks ago. It's my most recent photo. I havn't caught a fish worth photographing since before I had kids![roll]

does that mean there is a vintage rivalry between us? (Rockers vs. Mods)[devil]

BTW, My wife is keen on vintage Vespas.[crying]

Mods vs Rockers = Hipsters vs Douchebags

If you want to label yourself as one of those, please feel free.

Your wife has good taste though (apart from choice of mate[whistling )

You won't find a BSA to match the curves on my 150 sprint

26042012024-1.jpg

p1100213n.jpg

Jeez, where did you find time to make those 3 little Chads?

One must stay busy and resourseful to live where others come to vacation![roll]

Nice post mate and Hey, i reckon the grizzlies would me more scared of you!![biggrin]

Thanks, Nick I take that one as a compliment. I reckon by way of your mug shot you could scare away a crocagator or two yourself![biggrin]

I reckon by way of your mug shot you could scare away a crocagator or two yourself![biggrin]

I'm not gonna argue with you on that one Chad, but after a few days in the bush its pretty hard to look your best[biggrin]

What ever your scooter has for lines does not compare to my BSA for rumble[bandit] !

You're summing the rockers up well.. all rumble, no class! [biggrin] [biggrin]

She's a 69, my favorite number...[innocent]

My current project is an 85(ish) PK the ugly ducklig of the Vespa world. Ahh, the 80s. So... square....

Oh, yours is a Nice bike too! What year?

The lord reveals himself in mysterious ways[biggrin]
The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away (by armed force)

You're summing the rockers up well.. all rumble' date=' no class! [biggrin'] [biggrin]

She's a 69, my favorite number...[innocent]

My current project is an 85(ish)

Oh, yours is a Nice bike too! What year?

Well, you can`t have everything can you\xc9

Mine`s a `71. mostly original.

mostly original.

The diplomatic way of saying 'i could not find some bits' [biggrin]

Mine probably does not even fit that class. It's more like 'kinda original'.

My critria for parts were 'does this part do the same thing as the original one and look the same or better' and it seems to have worked

Well I'm 52 years old, the bride & I are coming up to our 30th anniversary this April. (Apparently you only get 20 years for murder [bandit] )

I have 2 grown up daughters who with SWMBO gave me a Coopers kit for my 50th.

After 21 years in the finance industry I got a letter thanking me for my time & wishing me a nice life. That was 15 years ago at Christmas. Since then I have had a few jobs, the last being 11 years working in a vineyard in the Barossa Valley.

I don't barrack for any footy team (sorry Anthony), but I play golf on weekends & brew.

I am happy brewing kits n bits as I am a little space poor & am quite happy with the results of my current brewing/mixing. [biggrin] [cool]

Sorry, I don't have a decent or recent photo, I am usually the one on the other end of the camera.

.....Oh, my name is Greg. I don't have a fancy alias. [crying]

Hi guys.

Great posts so far. [cool]

Nick: Don't listen to them, I reckon you're holding your age real well. [biggrin]

Chad: You look pretty much exactly as I pictured you would. My Grandad (before he passed away a couple of years ago) restored old bikes & raced them in their classifications over the years. He built BSA's, Norton's & Velocettes. A younger cousin of mine recently raced one of them last weekend at a meet & did quite well. All the bikes he built are still in the family & won many awards. He even got his picture on page 3 of "The Advertiser" (the main newspaper here in Adelaide) a few years back along side one of his bikes.

LordEoin: You are a funny man. I cried laughing at your post (as I often do). Great stuff! [lol]

GregT5: For one to sling "shite" at another person's football team, one must have one's own football team that one barracks for. The rules governing "slinging" specify the ability to retort. Consider your "Slinger" now placed back in it's holster! [lol]

Good brewing & good golfing Greg. I hope as the age goes up, your handicap comes down. [biggrin]

Anthony.

And general all round good yeast daddy [lol]

She mentioned that alright...[biggrin]

Well, I suppose since you lot have bore your souls to the internet, it would be rude of me not to also.

I'm 30 from Ireland, where it is currently 9.1C outside. brr

For fun I kill stuff and eat it.

I have a plethora of animals that help to scare things out of holes and bushes so that I can shoot them.

Some animals think that they can cleverly hide underwater, but like so many others of you, i also hunt them there by means of barbarous hooks disguised as insects.

I also like to grow things (I'm a horticulturalist!) so maybe i'll start growing some hops soon..

When the weather is slightly better I restore vintage Vespa scooters in my garage and even won a national restoration competition for it.

I like to set things on fire!

In total contrast to what I do in my spare time, professionally I work in online gaming support (and that's about where my contract tells me to stop talking).

I have my first spawn on its way in June, so I'm making the most of drinking and smoking excessively before my life implodes in a shower of tears and nappies.

Right now, I'm wearing blue jeans, a blue/white striped shirt and a black dufflecoat.

Oh yeah, and I'm an ordained minister (but only in USA)

Now... which picture to choose?....

This one I suppose:

Untitled_zps549b8ff6.jpg

well absolutely no surprises there whatsoever lol

Hey All,

My name is Chad. I'm 38 years old. I like all things old fashion. I have a bit of a collection of old things. I ride a 1971 BSA Lightning and driving a 72' VW Westy.

I've been happily married for 9 year and have three young boys (4, 2, 5mo!).

I have a few different hats I wear at work. I work for a forestery contracting co. were I do a number of tasks such as tree planting, tree falling, tree burning, tree tending... You get the idea. I do a lot of stomping around in the forest. When I'm not stomping around in the forest you can find me guiding sightseeing/birdwatching river trips on the Columbia river. If I'm not doing either of those jobs I'm probably carpentering on log houses.

My hobbies include fishing, canoeing, camping, birdwatching, gardening, and tinkering with my old stuff[cool] ! Oh! and homebrewing!

p1100213n.jpg

This is me on the job a couple of weeks ago. It's my most recent photo. I havn't caught a fish worth photographing since before I had kids![roll]

awesome!!!!!!is it a rocket3???i am a retired biker..love old bikes cars even swmbo isnt too new lol...cheers Nedg

Hey Lord,

So if your riding a vintage Vespa and I'm riding a vintage BSA does that mean there is a vintage rivalry between us? (Rockers vs. Mods)[devil]

BTW, My wife is keen on vintage Vespas.[crying]

woohoo i remember the 60's we had rockers versus surfies then rockers versus mods...bring it on lol

Archived