Coopers Community

Pale Ale and Premium Selection cans

Kai

Any plans to shift these over to lithograhpic printing like with the Original, International and Brew Master kits? I like to keep the tins when I'm done, but the paper labels come off.

Kai,

we are moving from lithographic (painted) cans to paper labels for all our home brew products.

You should see paper labelled cans in the original series starting to appear on the shelves.

In the first instance the lithographic cans, although more expensive, were sourced because there wasn't a quality paper label available.

Now that good quality labels are around it seemed sensible to move away from lithographics...we also save a huge amount of floor space now that we don't have to hold stock of every variant (17 in total) of painted cans.

By the way, the can is still the same, just not painted on the outside.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure the can is of its usual exemplary quality, it's just that with paper labels they lose their collectability.

Oh well... I can understand that that's not an attribute high on the list of priorities.

talk about luxury. your shed must be too big. I have enough trouble convincing the leader of the opposition to allow me space for 100 bottles and 120 stubbies. If I started collecting brew cans I'd be in deep poo.

rotsa ruck

kip c41977

Vote in favour of the paper labels.

I rip them off before I soak the can, and scribble the brew details (date down, bottled, OG, FG, phase of the moon... etc) on the back and then keep it with the crate of 750's. The 375's get a print out from the HB database.

Also, if you want to go really poncey (sp?) the paper labels go real easily onto the flatbed scanner so one can dodgey up a label for the bottle.

yeah, I vote for paper labels.

before I warm the can up for brew mix, I pull the label off and keep on the desk until bottling day when I use Avery Label Wizard. For an informative description of what's in the bottles, I pretty much quote the story on the can.

kip c41977

Archived