Coopers Community

Deep Fried Turkey!?

Canadian Eh!L

I don't know if you folks have ever thought of this one. I was given this tip today. This Turkey deep fryer makes a great outdoor Home brew set-up. It come with the propane burner in a stand, a 36 Qt brew kettle, a thermometer and a bunch of other stuff not directly related to brewing but maybe could be applied in some creative way[joyful] . All this for a 100 bones![w00t]

Yes they are very popular in the US and Canada with homebrewers.

Saw them in Home Depot for about $59.

Sad part is they are not available in Australia. We do not have a preoccupation with dumping turkeys in a bath of oil here.

I considered getting a Blichmann Floor Burner but the hassle of transporting it and then modifying the connections was too much. Yanks have different connections on their propane equipment to Australia.

Well, I went out and bought myself one of these deep fryers. I put it together and gave it a test drive! Pretty cool![cool]

p1100247d.jpg

During the test drive I sampled a 14 month aged Toucan Stout. Awesome![love] p1100250p.jpg

This is a view from the backyard of LCB of Mt. Hunter (Yoho National Park) around 4:00pm.

p1100252t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

howdy,i was just asking as i run guided hunts here in australia for bowhunters..love to go to canada one day and hunt ..i have a client and wife coming from canada in july to hunt.

so you guys order coopers from australia or you have someone import them? do canada or usa make home brew kits?

cheers pat

howdy,i was just asking as i run guided hunts here in australia for bowhunters..love to go to canada one day and hunt ..i have a client and wife coming from canada in july to hunt.

so you guys order coopers from australia or you have someone import them? do canada or usa make home brew kits?

cheers pat

Hey Pat,

I'm able to get Cooper's HB kits at my local grocery store and Coooper's SA at my local bootle shop. Small world, eh!

• 1 year later...

Hey gang

I thought I'd bump it thread to give those guys a suggestion for a cheap way to get into AG brewing. All together this kettle and burner cost $100.

I still use both the burner and kettle for my 3V set-up. The burner is the secondary burner that heat my sparge. The kettle is my brew kettle and just recently I added a ball valve tap. Something I should have done right away.

I think you Aussie might call it a crab cookerunsure

Hi KR

I wouldn't bother with a thermowell in the brew kettle. They just get in the way of things. I'd get a hand held, instant read, digital, probe thermometer. It costs $12 and does the job just fine. I would add a tap installed though.

... but I want to ... make something really cool that I can be heaps proud of and stuff.

Your majesty

Jaycar sell led's in many colours that automatically flash when you apply DC to them. Just imagine a control panel with lots of (not connected to anything) switches and dials' date=' and a bank of flashing led's!!! Impressive is hardly the word. [img']cool[/img]

Your loyal hero

RR

What I want to know from our canuk friend' date=' was the turkey good?

Deep fried turkey, imagine how much oil you would waste doing that.

How about turkey flavoured beer then?[/quote']

I have never tried doing a turkey in the kettle. I just brew beer in it.

Archived