Sign in to follow this  
Kai

New Coopers crown seals?

I picked up a 100 pack of Coopers caps yesterday, I notice these ones are a lovely dark green colour with the Coopers logo on top just like the normal Coopers beers. I must say, these are a lot prettier than the ones I used to get (the ones with the picture of the stein and barley on the top).

Are these ones new? And if so, or either way, I'd like to express my approval.

Cheers!

Kai,

our crown seal suppliers must have thrown in a batch of seals that didn't make the grade, for whatever reason, for our packaged beer.

We have put a new design forward, incorporating the Coopers logo, which will be more friendly for homebrewers to write on...we are waiting for a sample to be produced.

So this is probably a once off run, of caps that didn't meet the rigorous quality standards for commercial use? I can dig that. Maybe I'll have to buy a few more packs before they all vanish.

I like the idea of caps that are easy to write on. Good thinking, chaps.

perhaps they ran out of the usual homebrew caps, and had many deliveries to make, so just sent out those cool ones instead.

or maybe someone at the factory messed up....?

I picked up some(3 packs) of these caps too recently.

They do look great.

They finish off a home made product perfectly!

Cheers - Martin

I reckon they might be 'left over' Thomas Coopers Export caps, I realised the other day that they're the same colour and I first saw them soon after the new premium appeared.

while we are on the subject of bottle tops, I have recently started painting my caps for identification purposes and they are also easy enough to write on with a fine felt pen. I just buy the el cheapo spray tins, lay the lids on a sheet of something and spray them.

Ross Magnay