Coopers Community

having a pale at my local

Doc

having an ale at my local the other night (dont tell the minister for war & finance :roll: )

talking to the publican (also enjoying a pale ale) about coopers beers when he stated pointing to the coopers tap "these guys are brewers" then pointing to the collection of c.u.b. & tooheys taps & said "these guys are chemists" i thought how true.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got out for a bit of a night with the boys to watch the Blues flog the canetoads in state of origin III. Only problem was our choice of venue was a traditional leagues club with not much on offer other than the standard CUB\\Tooheys lot. Anyway, persevered with what was on offer and had a fairly good if not huge night.

Woke up the next day tho and had THE worst hangover I've experienced for a long while. Now I would say my grog-fitness is pretty good. I'm a bit older and wiser these days and understand the concept of 'moderation' while still enjoying a few beers quite regularly, so I was at a bit of a loss to explain why I felt so bad. Then I remembered that most of my 'big nights' these days involve either a good go at my homebrew (a lot of coopers stuff), or, is spent at my local throwing a bunch of pints of Pale Ale and Sparkling down me throat.

Shouldn't have really been surprised I suppose, but you've gotta wonder what the 'chemists' are thinking sometimes.

At least the Coopers family are still great Brewers. :D

I couldn't agree more!! Since getting into homebrew about 6 years ago (my father in law's and now my own) I have also noted a dramatic decline in the number of jack hammer operators who have decided to start their shift in my brain at 7am the day after a big night.

I never used to believe a South Australian mate of mine, when he said "Drink Sparkiling or Pale mate. You won't get a hangover" Well what wise words they were.

My appreciation also goes out to Coopers, who's brewing techniques and quality ingredients have saved another generation from the evils of the hangover!

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I too have suffered the wrath of synthetic ales.

Some time ago on a post-vintage golf day, myself and fellow workmates suffered the indignity of RUNNING OUT OF COOPERS! By that stage we had all imbibed a healthy dose of Pale Ale and our judgement was definitely clouded (no pun intended). Ashamed as I am to admit it, we resorted to a concoction from the eastern states purportedly claiming to be beer. HA! I kid you not, having barely finished just one, it was as though the hangover decided to makes it's presence felt a day early.

NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!

• 1 month later...

You lucky gits. what i wouldnt do for a crate of the PALE stuff. Was in australia 18 months ago :D got quite easily addicted to Pale ale but can you get it over here in the not so sunny UK :?:

NO not for love or money. :idea:

If anybody knows of any place i can purchase pale ale and have it shipped then please let me know.

:wink:

• 2 months later...

Actually you can get Pale Ale in the UK. We have two agents in the UK, one who offers a mail order type service and the other who supplies retail and on-premise. If you refer to the contacts section of our website and go to 'Beer' and 'International' you will find a list of our agents around the world. These are listed by country so you can scroll down towards the bottom and you will find them.

To save you some time I have included their details for you;

UNITED KINGDOM

Pierhead Wines

Euro Trade Centre,

Crabtree Manorway North,

Belvedere Kent DA17 6A2

United Kingdom

Tel: +020 8320 4467

Fac: +020 8320 4469

Email: info@pierheadwines.co.uk

UNITED KINGDOM

Laithwaites

New Aquitaine House, Exeter Way

Theale, near Reading

Berkshire, RG7 4PL, UK

Tel: +44 870 444 8383

Fac: +44 118 903 1073

Email: info@directwines.co.uk

Because you are more interested in Pale Ale, I would suggest you contact the first one listed here as the second one supplies mainly Sparkling Ale.

I hope this helps to quench your thirst.

Cheers

Rebecca - Export Officer

Coopers Brewery

Archived