Coopers Community

1st up Success !

RickW3

Hi All ,

Ive been reading all the posts for info the last couple of months, for info , my Mrs bought me a Coopers DIY kit for my birthday.

I was highly sceptical in the 1st place as id only ever tried home brew that was horrid and undrinkable.

I followed the instructions to the letter, then when I had a taste after 2 weeks it was flat and the smell reminded me of squishy carpet from a 80's nightclub.

So i put it all in a warmer spot , left it another 4 weeks , and now is that drinkable im hooked on it.

It fizzes , gets a head , has little bubbles rising in the glass and tastes like real beer.

And it actually tastes great ! Im so glad I read all the info on here and applied and waited ( bit more heat and a bit more time ) was all that was needed , as I was going to junk the lot as a failure , never to be tried again.

Now to start on my 2nd batch tomorrow.

Plastic bottles are great....as long as you pour them into a good clean glass to drink it your beer will taste fine. If you want to store the bottles (with beer in them) for more than a couple of years you are better off using glass as the PET bottles may start to lose carbonation over long periods of time.

They last for ages. I've had mine for a couple of years and they are still fine.

As for cleaning the trick is to wash them out immediately. I pour a beer and then rinse the bottle with warm water a couple of times. Then I add some water, put the lid back on and shake the hell out of it. Then allow them to dry.

When it is time to bottle I just rinse with water to remove any dust that may have accumulated and then spray with starsan.

EDIT: what Yob said [wink]

Dunno ' date=' any suggestions to try ?[/quote']

Well Done Rick,

I'd have to suggest the Coopers English Bitter kit, I have used it in six different recipes and it hasn't yet failed to impress. In fact I bottled 5 long necks of English Best Bitter, kegged the rest, 14 weeks ago. Tonight I thought I would sample one, I am now onto my second and the third has been transferred from the Brew Cupboard to the fridge [love]. The sad thing is that now I only have 2 left [crying] , although I do have some other variations conditioning and another keg that is sitting at 5 weeks [biggrin]

Archived