Coopers Community

Poll request

Martin

I'd be interested to see a poll on this site to see how many brews each member has made.

Also which Coopers beer they prefer to brew. Or a rating on each style?

Any one else interested?

Cheers - Martin

That's a good idea!

I started brewing in the '70s when the wort came in a cardboard box!

I brewed on and off, mostly off, for years until the mid '90s when I started again in earnest with a brew a fortnight. I stopped brewing in '98 to build a new house and started again in '00. Up to that point I didn't keep any record of how many or which beer but it would have been some hundreds of brews and, with one ot two exceptions, it would have been Coopers Draught.

In 2000 I recommenced brewing and this time I began a Brew Book in which to keep a record. Since July 2000 there have been 113 brews, 70% of which have been Coopers Lager. There have been five brews which were not Coopers (disappointing) and the balance were Bitter, Bavarian Lager, Draught and Real Ale.

Cheers, John.

I guess there would be some with quite a few brews in their log books.

I've only made twelve brews in total. Two in my first attempt to brew in 1992 - they were both Coopers Lager. Both were great, but for a variaty of reasons I never brewed again till 2003.

Since then I've made ten brews - maybe not a lot compared to some, but it's enough to show a spare tyre around my gut! :(

My log book has in it;

Coopers Draught - 3

Coopers Lager - 3

Coopers Clasic Old Dark Ale - 2

Coopers Bavarian Lager -1

Coopers Heritage Lager - 1

Other Brands & style;

- Wheet Beer - 1

- Lager - 1

Cheers - Martin

Hells Bells... I've done either 22 or 23 since April 2002, working for the most part with a cousin. We tallied it up the other day, and it works out to almost half a kilolitre of beer, or the equivalent of around 1200 stubbies, nearly one each for every day since we started.

It gets a bit hard to keep track as we brew in two different locations and I've been a bit shoddy on a couple brew sheets. I need to make a good spreadsheet to store the info

Hi, Out of the Coopers brand Real Ale without at doubt. I've been brewing since the 80's. I learnt the art from my father. In fact the very first beer I drank was home brew. Two of my mates and myself took 2 bottles of my dad's home brew. We couldn't walk. Any way at my peak of brewing I always had 400 bottles stored under the house. The longer down time the better. I never kept a log up until last year. Since then I have made 39 batches. I purchased a can of Sparkling Ale. Brewed and bottle in January I'm waiting 3 months before I try.

:lol:

Paul c40233,

I basicly put as much info about my brew in a little book. Under the lid of your Coopers can you'll find a basic log of brewing - thats a good start.

I note down gravity readings thru out the fermenting period, temperatures, any additives I've put in etc. How many bottles filled, tasting notes etc.

Then if you made a good brew a few months ago, you should be able to replicate it, if you follow your log book.

Cheers - Martin

I normally keep a log on what I have brewed since I started in 1999. My first attempt was a Cooper's Stout with a friend, we put down 6 brews in a 200 litre container it turned out great, from there on I was hooked and had to start brewing on my own. I mainly brew lager with the odd Stout, Classic Old and my favorite Nut Brown Ale. Due to temperature this summer my last brew was bottled on 26/10/03. I still have approx 150 longnecks in the cupboard to keep me going.

Don't waste time keep drinking!

Regards Peter

I normally keep a log on what I have brewed since I started in 1999. My first attempt was a Cooper's Stout with a friend, we put down 6 brews in a 200 litre container it turned out great, from there on I was hooked and had to start brewing on my own. I mainly brew lager with the odd Stout, Classic Old and my favorite Nut Brown Ale. Due to temperature this summer my last brew was bottled on 26/10/03. I still have approx 150 longnecks in the cupboard to keep me going.

Don't waste time keep drinking!

Regards Peter

You did 6 brews in one for your very first brew? :shock: Ballsy.

Hi Kai,

Yep we put down 6 brews in one hit, it was awesome, I only have 3 stubbies of the original brew left. Am looking forward to some cooler weather so that I can get back into it. I have put down approx 100 brews including ginger beer since I started. A friend of mine suggested that I simmer the brew and additives prior to mixing with water in fermenter. I have done this for the past 2 years and have not had a bad brew.

Don't waste time keep drinking

Regards Peter

Ive been brewing since 97 and have put down 35 brews. About 19 of those were coopers, mostly real ale, bitter and draught. Im in NZ and we can only get the original series of the coopers range here. Im experimenting with honey brews at the moment, with good success. Ive seen a good moccachino stout recipe so might give that a go soon. Happy brewing.

Cheers Kris

Archived