Coopers Community

1st Anniversary of my first bottled batch, and pitched my 50th batch

Beer Loving Trent

On this date, 14th April, 2011, I bottled my first batch of home brewed beers, the result was awful as, I had used Tooheys brand home brew lager, (the only time I made that mistake). A week later I bought my second fermenter, a Coopers DIY kit, as the crappy beer didn't wane my new found interest of home brewing. and 50 brews on I am happy to say my 1st batch was crap and all other batch have gone from strength to strength.

So I would like to thank you all for your support, and wisdom over the last year.

Here is to many more years of happy brewing. Cheers

Man you must be wasted 24/7! [lol] [lol]

Good stuff, Trent! I take it you have 2 running at a time and fermenting for 2 weeks each? How long do they last before it's time to move onto the next batch??

Nice work Trent!

I also made the mistake of using one of those Tooheys lager kits on my first brew back in January. Well first brew after a 7 or 8 year hiatus anyway. Not sure what possessed me to do that, but it was the same result - bloody awful! [lol] Tasted more like cider than beer. Since then I have gone back to the trusty Coopers kits, and with a few minor additions of hops/crystal grains etc each brew since that one has been very nice! Might need another fermenter to get to 50 brews in a year though lol.

Cheers,

Kelsey

Thanks all, Yes only one bottle remains from my 1st batch, 6 beers remain from my 2nd & 3rd batches, which were made at the same time. These beers will be opened and consumed at my 1st annual tasting night in early May.

Top 5 beers mmmmmmmmm that's a hard one.

1) Coopers draught with Dextrose, LDM and Pride of Ringwood hops 12g.

2) English Bitter (damn what a drop)

3)Unreal Ale

4)Extra Smooth Bitter

5)either a stock standard Real Ale or Draught or Dark Ale.

BEST HOBBY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!![biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

having 4 number 5s is cheating :D

Its like refusing to pick your favorite child

if your house was on fire, and you had time to save a 6 pack of European Lager, Dark Ale, Real Ale or Draught which would you take?

If your house is on fire you should probably grab your favourite child first [rightful]

Just make sure they have a six pack under each arm.

Congrats Trent on reaching your half century on you're 1st anniversary, we're all very proud of you!

i reached my first anniversary on the 9th of this month.

Best hobbie ever, very addictive [love]

I've only done 42 brews...but about half of them have been 46 litres (i put them into CUB kegs that i find)

Does that make me a bigger drunk ?

The Good Lord is right, children can fend for themselves...save the beers[bandit]

Brendan.

having 4 number 5s is cheating :D

Its like refusing to pick your favorite child

if your house was on fire, and you had time to save a 6 pack of European Lager, Dark Ale, Real Ale or Draught which would you take?

To answer that easily I wouldn't have to grab any as I keep them all in the man cave in the back yard well away from the house, in this man I can I have a 3 seater lounge 2 recliners 1 sofa bed, 3 fermenters a crap load of beer, a tv with digital set top box for footy, cricket and motor sports, a beer fridge that's always well stocked and a bbq

so should the house burn down I should be right, i think

Archived