Coopers Community

stoopid question for paul or frank

Doc

in times of slow brewing (too cold, too busy working, too lazy, etc.) is it possible to purchase a keg of happiness, oops beer, (our local in sydney now has coopers on tap. cos if its not at your local get a new local)

i could pick it up from our local, rack it off into a couple of my post mix kegs & have your empty keg back at our local for the next p/u delivery.

looking forward to your reply doc

"...there are no stupid questions, only stupid people." - Mr. Garrison, South Park. On a more serious note (and I don't think you or your question are stupid, Doc) the important thing to remember is that the keg remains the property of Coopers Brewery. The contents of said keg are yours to dispose of in whatever manner you choose. As long as you don't contravene licensing laws of course i.e. sell the beer!

Cheers, Frank.

thanks for your reply frank.

i should have been more specific though, i was wondering if it was possible to purchase the kegged beer through the coopers club (dark ale) as the price the local quoted me for n.s.w. kegged beer included glass rental & temprite serving etc.

when i explained i had everything i needed (just keg only please) the price was the same. so i thought i would ask if it would be possible to purchase through coopers

Doc, the short answer to that is "NO". We can only sell beer to licensed retailers and wholesalers.

Jon, you can buy a basic keg system for around $300 or so from most home brew stores. Other outlets that you can find in the yellow pages under "Hotel, Restaurant & Club Supplies" will also sell you just about anything you need for dispensing tap beer.

Cheers, Frank.

thanks for your patience Frank

I thought short & soft on this one.

my home pub is not lisenced (as i don't charge for my beer, unless the wench wants a drink and then she pays in another way......... ) .

on 2 counts, in my defence, i would rather pay coopers direct (cheaper for me and money direct to ccopers). i could only imagine the cost of interstate beer through the local, (local keg beer prices drove me to drink)

thanks for humouring me on this one i'm sure i'll be annoying you again soon.

have a great weekend

cheers & beers doc

Doc, I'm not sure about this (someone correct me if I'm wrong) , but I think it's fairly easy to get an ABN.

And then all you'd need is to get a license to sell alcohol. The only thing is that I dunno what the requirements are to get an alcohol license.

but if it's as easy as getting an ABN... then robert's your mother's brother.

thanks for the thought wal

have the abn i think it must be difficult to get a liquor licence in n.s.w.

as i read not long ago about people buying rural pubs & closing them down to transfer the licence to premises in city areas

ps. the minister for war & finance said "they wont give a licence to an alcoholic" and i told her "I'M A DRUNK alcoholics go to meetings"

Doc, I'm not sure about this (someone correct me if I'm wrong) , but I think it's fairly easy to get an ABN.

And then all you'd need is to get a license to sell alcohol. The only thing is that I dunno what the requirements are to get an alcohol license.

but if it's as easy as getting an ABN... then robert's your mother's brother.

I suspect those requirements involve a pain, probably a royal one, and most likely in the hind quarters.

But, it is a neat idea.

ps. the minister for war & finance said "they wont give a licence to an alcoholic" and i told her "I'M A DRUNK alcoholics go to meetings"

I reckon this is the most profound comment ever to grace this forum!

• 1 month later...

Hmmmm $220 for a 50ltr keg of Mr coopers finest :shock:

(scratch head ooh splinter)

$45 for 60 ltrs made at home :D :D :D

lots to think about there :idea: :roll:

Archived