Coopers Community

Murray Rriver Pale Ale

Well my missus of 7 years hates the whole hops in beer she reckons but loves VB have tried explaining things to her but its like a piss in the wind not worth it[biggrin]

On the other hand my 2 boys 4 and 1 years old love my home brewing. The oldest helps be bottle and the youngist helps the beer by shaking it and sucking on the airlock removing it would not be fair to him.

Just took a reading at 7 days in FV is down to 1012 OG was 1052 so already 5.86% in bottle. I suspect its done but will take another reading on tusday or wednesday before bottoling.[whistling

Ok well it all bottled after 8 days in FV 2 stable readings over 2 days. Was gunna wait until tues or wed but its not being drank until at least july plenty of time to clean itself up [biggrin] if not clear im sure it will still taste great.

Um my next brew not sure until i get a new hydrometer as i broke it while rinsing and cut my thumb. The old school tough glass ones [crying] they were awesome i guess ill b lookin at the new kind iv heard so many flaws about it on here.[whistling

Also remembered today at work that the 20 grams of EKG was only in Fv for about a day and half because i bottled earlier than first planned due to work. Im hoping there is still plenty of flavour due to fermentation already complete when added.

I noticed while bottoling i didnt get any blockage from hops they sat at top of brew. As i bottled the hops stained the FV as a beer with good head would when slowly drank. Also there was more of a hoppy smell in the last slab bottled as the first im thinking they didnt get time to sink down thats why no blocks PHEW. [lol]

• 3 weeks later...

Well gents not so good news maby [bandit] i was moving the 1.5 litre grolsh bottle into my room where i would see it and not forget to take it to a mates house tomorrow. When i was holding the top and slightly moving it into a dark part of room heard a pst air escaping. I have long ben parranoid of it blowing up as its bloody big and wouldnt want to be near it if did. So i popped the lid it shot off like a champainge cork and foam continued to pour out until bottle was half empty. Smelt awesome which leads me to think maby it was just too much sugar added would it smell awesome if still fermenting and would it have blown up before now i.e. in the first week if it was due to not being fermented out?

I had 2 stable readings over 20 hour period before hydrometer snapped maby should have waited the extra day [ninja]

I suppose time can only tell as have 2 slabs of stubbies still in shed heres hoping [annoyed]

It stalled at 1020 and nothing I did would make it move again, will never use it again,

Windsor and nottingham are great and ve used them both with good success and will certainly use them again.

Yob

Same thing just happened to me. Might give Windsor or Nottingham a go next time.

Archived