Coopers Community

Coopers Pale Ale

PB2

Sorry people! Whilst attempting to move the latest post on this topic I deleted the whole topic. So here is a cut and pasted version of the topic.

They shouldn't let me go near a computer!! I can write machine code but I struggle with operating PCs. Go figure!!

Coopers Pale Ale

coopers.com.au Forum Index -> Beer Enquiries

View previous topic :: View next topic

Posted: 05 Jan 2004 01:45 Post subject: Coopers Pale Ale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am wondering why Australia's export beer is still Fosters and now I see VB is starting to get a run on the export.

Have you considered exporting Coopers Pale Ale and if so why have you not done it?

william@cooperspubs.com

Posted: 05 Jan 2004 02:21 Post subject: Godsown beer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'Day Mate,

Australia has a policy dating back to the first fleet of only allowing one main beer to be exported. The beer allowed out changes every couple of years, after a popular vote at Australia's main pub, which we call The Pub.

Kangaroos are excluded from this event because they make too much of a ruckus, and even the wallabies sometimes start a few fights.

Last time we had a vote most of the drongos were too pissed to scratch themselves, so accidentally voted for a crap beer. That's why you see Fosters a lot overseas.

But she'll be right, we'll get a few sober Sheilas and Bruces down to the vote next time and get the mighty Coopers over to your place.

Come on down and visit sometime, but watch out for the drop bears, specially if they've been drinking.

William Woolmer

Editor

Cooperspubs.com

http://www.cooperspubs.com/menu.html

Rebecca-Coopers Brewery

Posted: 17 Feb 2004 05:52 Post subject:

Hi,

We at Coopers have not only considered exporting our fabulous Pale Ale but have been doing so quite successfully. We are currently exporting our Pale Ale, Sparkling Ale and Stout to around 20 countries and have recently sent our very first shipment of Dark Ale to the US.

Our beer exports have doubled each year for the past five years, and we hope this trend continues.

If you are interested in any specific markets please do not hesitate to contact us, alternatively you can find our importers details under the contacts section of this website, simply go to contacts, beer and then international and they are listed by country.

Cheers

Rebecca - Export Officer

snookmz

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 20:16 Post subject:

I liked William's explanation better..

Does coopers export to the US, and if so how is it going over there?

Last time i was in the states i only saw Fosters.. It seems they prefer the extremely light / watery beers e.g. Budweiser, Coors.. It's awesome that they sell beer at all night petrol stations though, you can't go wrong!

Rebecca-Coopers Brewery

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 22:42 Post subject:

Yes we are exporting to the US and doing quite well. This is one of our biggest markets for beer exports and as mentioned earlier we have just recently extended our range to now include Dark Ale. We are currently exporting an average of 2-3 containers per month to the US alone.

Coopers is a lot stronger than that of most American beers so as you can imagine it is taking quite a bit of promoting, tasting etc. to get it going but we are continuously working at it with enormous help and support from our US importer.

Together with our importer we will continue to work hard and hopefully our work will pay off and Coopers will be the new beer of Australia!

Rebecca - Export Officer

Archived