Coopers Community

** New Coopers Product Release **

Beerlust

Hi guys.

Today I was informed by a very reliable source, that Coopers will be releasing a new "product" into the commercial beer market this coming October 2013.

As yet I have been unable to find out exactly what this "product" is. I don't know whether it is a new beer, or something else entirely. There has been no press release (that I am aware of) as yet, & everything seems to be very "hush, hush".

Keep your eyes & ears pealed.

I'm hoping it's an IPA! YUM! [love] [cool]

Maybe PB2 can source us some inside info? [innocent]

If I manage to find out anything definitive in the meantime, I'll post it.

Cheers,

Anthony.

i remember the time Coopers Clear came on board.. i gave it a dedicated go.. long weekend.. heat wave in Adelaide bought 3slabs.. a couple kg of snags chops and steaks.. and set up the bbq by the pool.. 3 days later.. 3 empty slabs.. and nope.. still didint like it... but i gave it a fair go ;)

hopefully its a good brew!

• 1 month later...

Hi Adz.

I've hounded the brewery delivery drivers, the reps, & anyone else I think might spill the beans & almost nothing! [pinched]

The only tid-bit of second-hand information I've been able to find since is that it is apparently a "quirky" lager of sorts. [unsure]

That could really mean anything. [lol]

Am I getting any closer PB2?

Cheers,

Anthony.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Del.

My information is as above, that it is a "quirky lager". I know a worker at Coopers who has sampled it, & I spoke to my local rep a week or two ago & he said release may not happen until early next year now. [pinched]

When it will be released is anyone's guess. [unsure]

The only one on the forum that could give us a real clue is sworn to an oath of silence (I think?). [whistling

Cheers,

Anthony.

I was talking to a rep at one of our warehouses and he reliably informs me that Coopers will be releasing a range of specialty short run alcopops. The first one off the line will be called "The Chairman's Passion" - people in the know are calling it Passiona Max.

Interesting direction to take [unsure]

• 3 weeks later...

....I spoke with one of my inside sources at Coopers again tonight, & again he confirmed it is a beer (he's tasted it), & that it is scheduled for release sometime in January.

He is aware of a new bottling line that is being constructed/installed, & said this may be contributing to added delays on the original projected release date for the beer, but he admitted he couldn't be certain on that, based on where he works in the brewery.

I can only go on what he tells me, & what I can squeeze out of my tight-lipped rep atm. [annoyed]

Cheers,

Anthony.

and PB2 is quiet on this front... [bandit]

Regardless of how much I know about this, I won't be commenting whilst the information remains "commercial-in-confidence" [whistling

& hence the creation of the newly constructed PB2 Professional Beer Square.

Thorough Sanitation + Fresh Ingredients + Appropriate Ferment Temp' + A Tight Commercial Lip = QUALITY BEER + A REGULAR PAYING GIG

[lol] [lol]

Good on ya PB2! [biggrin]

Cheers,

Anthony.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I spoke with one of the Coopers delivery drivers earlier today about the new beer release for Coopers.

I am led to believe that the first batches of the beer are already packaged & in the Coopers warehouse ready for distribution. All I was able to find out was that one, yes one of the new beers (according to him) will have a reference to "Artisan" in it's title.

That's all I was able to find out above what I've already mentioned.

I for one, am looking forward to the release of the new beer(s). I'm just hoping this time around Coopers are attempting to begin a new trend, rather than following the lead of the other major breweries with their tasteless muck ideas.

The beer being on the shelves by the end of the month or at worst early Feb, is looking likely by the sounds of things. :)

Cheers,

Anthony.

Archived