Coopers Community

Coopers Real ale Stubby - Koala label

Stewie

Hi

can any one help me on any information on the stubbie (which is stilll full of the good stuff!!) I have:

it looks like a sparkling ale bottle but is labelled, "Real Ale", with a picture of a Koala on the label - it appears to be an export version as at the bottom of the lable it says - imported by Boles & Co, Inc, Menlo Ca 94025

Also it is a Crown seal not a ring pull like others of its vintage (I have had it for over 10 years and the person I got it off had it for 10 years before he gave it to me)

Other than that, it looks like sparkling Ale, can anyone help in identifying this ??

Regards,

Mark Stewart

We sold our Sparkling Ale with the label, "COOPER & SONS LTD.. REAL ALE" through Boles and Company liquor importers and exporters of San Francisco. A Koala has pride of place on the label and the beer was distributed into the United States circa 1979-1988. We wound down this operation when legislation changed making a back label mandatory on bottles and, at that stage, the purchase of a back label facility was too expensive.

Archived