Coopers Community

150th Celebration Ale

philw

just saw that it has been announced

http://www.coopers.com.au/about-us/news

http://www.coopers.com.au/media/97172/coopers%20150th%20-%20celebration%20ale%20_2_.pdf

Tasting notes

http://www.coopers.com.au/media/97175/coopers%20150th%20-%20celebration%20ale%20tasting%20notes.pdf

my no1 question, why 355ml bottles and not the normal 375ml bottles ??

also will the kegs be available to the public for sale ??

my no1 question' date=' why 355ml bottles and not the normal 375ml bottles ??[/quote']

So you can sell a lower quantity of beer at the the same price as 375ml.

Maybe I am cynical but I have been scarred ever since a lot of Sydney pubs introduced the Schmiddy (in between a schooner & middy) but continued to charge the same price, if not more, as a schooner.

On a positive note, I am looking forward to trying the Celebration Ale.

Does anyone remember when cascade changed to 330ml bottles? It diddnt take long to change back after the good old locals complained like no tomorrow and sales plumited. Of cource after a couple of months the price went slightly up as it would have anyway but complaining and refusing to drink what you love sometimes is the only answer [happy]

I did the tour at Coopers Brewery yesterday and was fortunate enough to sample some!

461d486e.jpg

I asked about the smaller bottles, and asked if the regular ale lineup would switch to the smaller bottles. Was told resoundly 'absolutely not.'

Oh the beer, it was good [biggrin]

I don't know for sure but I would guess that they would be sold by those that currently stock the Vintage Ale.

Here is a quote from the pdf that was linked in Post#1:

"Celebration Ale is expected to retail for around $55.00 per carton"

Picked up a 6 pack of this the other day. I must say, this is the BEST Coopers beer I've ever tasted. It's a perfect balance of hops and malt, and you can really taste the Coopers yeast. I really hope they keep this one in production because it'll be my go-to coopers beer.

Well done Coopers!

Picked up a 6 pack of this the other day. I must say, this is the BEST Coopers beer I've ever tasted. It's a perfect balance of hops and malt, and you can really taste the Coopers yeast. I really hope they keep this one in production because it'll be my go-to coopers beer.

Well done Coopers!

I completely agree. Found a single carton that the Tonsley had last thursday, and by about my third beer I had decided it was the best beer Coopers have ever made. Its sensational.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few Celebration Ales at the 150th party on 27 May and found last six pack at Dan Murphy's, Frankston yesterday. The malt wort used in this brew tastes very similar to the Original series Real Ale. The three hops infused in the Ale fully enhance the flavour and bitterness . A true Coopers beer right up there.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 1 bottle of 6 this weekend (going to have 1/month to see if it changes).

Reminded me of a Dubbel with less body it had a sweet edge to it.

Nice Coopers yeast charector (I agitated the bottle before opening).

Head collapsed almost immediately which was the only disappointing thing about the beer I poured but that could have easily have been my glassware.

I noticed the bottles are very thin and clearly state that there non-reuseable so be carefull if your considering harvesting them.

Overall nice beer, almost as good as my own [lol]

Archived