Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

1 hour ago, therealthing691 said:

The misty I have had thought it was ok nice  but nothing special panhead I have had on tap I  really liked it 

The vandal I liked more as it was heaps more hop forward which I like in that sort of beer what I have been looking for but cant find is a nice dark raiseny tasting trappiest style beer  that is new on the market  something like a Chimay Blue but a bit more up front in taste  maybe a bit less ABV% LOL cheers

Today's Tasting - Wayward Passionista Berliner Weisse

Not sure about this one.

Aroma is 100% Passiona.  It has a good sour taste.  Loads of carbonation - think softdrink levels.  Cannot really tell it is a beer.  Could be a passion pop style drink.  I would drink it again, but I would not buy it again.

266977790_WaywardPassionistaBerlinerWeisse.thumb.jpg.96f95769bb0192f3b54d158ffd51087c.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Today's Tasting - Wayward Passionista Berliner Weisse

Not sure about this one.

Aroma is 100% Passiona.  It has a good sour taste.  Loads of carbonation - think softdrink levels.  Cannot really tell it is a beer.  Could be a passion pop style drink.  I would drink it again, but I would not buy it again.

266977790_WaywardPassionistaBerlinerWeisse.thumb.jpg.96f95769bb0192f3b54d158ffd51087c.jpg

As long as it is bitter/sour sweet I would give it a go

1 hour ago, Beer Baron said:

2 more beers today. Good but not great yet again 

90C653F9-1CE6-401D-8D25-B04D5EA8EA92.jpeg

I'm guessing the Big Nut is a Black IPA. Given the icy looking beer in the glass, I reckon you've missed the point on this one. Let it sit & warm up in the can before pouring. The aromatics of this style of beer would have been greatly diminished if served icy cold.

I nearly tried this beer at the recent Beer & BBQ festival here in Adelaide but wanted to try a few other beers from different breweries on the day. From memory & if I've remembered the exact beer John spoke of, PorscheMad911 really liked this beer.

Despite living somewhat in a bubble over the in our nations capitol 😜, everything John has recommended that I have tried has been pretty damn good.

Just my 20 cents,

Lusty.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, therealthing691 said:

As long as it is bitter/sour sweet I would give it a go

The Wayward Passionista Berliner Weisse was quite drinkable and I would recommend it to anybody who likes a sour beer.  Those like @Beerlust probably best to give it a miss.

I will be making one soon, but without fruit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

The Wayward Passionista Berliner Weisse was quite drinkable and I would recommend it to anybody who likes a sour beer.  Those like @Beerlust probably best to give it a miss.

I will be making one soon, but without fruit.

It might be for me as I like fruit and a  tart taste but not too sour LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

A little underwhelming, but I did grab it out of the bargain bin (Yes, I am a cheapskate)

Nothing wrong with the bargain bin Shamus! First time I tried Panhead Supercharger was a bargain bin buy - and that is a cracking beer!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

Just blame John then. 😜

Cheers,

Lusty.

Haha, I apologise if I led you up the garden path @Beer Baron. I really enjoyed mine on Friday night, with the caveat that it was the first beer I'd had in a while.

So I tried another last night to make sure, plus one of my Black DIPL as a comparison. 

IMO the Big Nut is a well balanced beer, with lovely hop aroma (albeit fairly low in intensity), well-judged body and a nice dry finish with a bit of roast. I do get some ash in the finish though. The hop flavour is well-integrated and tasty, but I don't think it's quite up to Black IPA levels.

In contrast my Black DIPL was bigger all around - more hop aroma and flavour, more body and sweetness (probably due to being a kit beer with likely a higher FG, another 2% ABV and my choice of yeast). Had more chocolate flavour vs ashy roast. If it was just a touch drier it would be perfect. Mine was a touch lighter in colour too.

So OS Dark Ale kit FTW!

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Haha, I apologise if I led you up the garden path @Beer Baron. I really enjoyed mine on Friday night, with the caveat that it was the first beer I'd had in a while.

So I tried another last night to make sure, plus one of my Black DIPL as a comparison. 

IMO the Big Nut is a well balanced beer, with lovely hop aroma (albeit fairly low in intensity), well-judged body and a nice dry finish with a bit of roast. I do get some ash in the finish though. The hop flavour is well-integrated and tasty, but I don't think it's quite up to Black IPA levels.

In contrast my Black DIPL was bigger all around - more hop aroma and flavour, more body and sweetness (probably due to being a kit beer with likely a higher FG, another 2% ABV and my choice of yeast). Had more chocolate flavour vs ashy roast. If it was just a touch drier it would be perfect. Mine was a touch lighter in colour too.

So OS Dark Ale kit FTW!

Cheers, 

John 

No apologies needed. I had my eye on this beer when it was released. My hop aroma and flavour were minimal so maybe it was an old batch. 

The Grainfather Kraken Black IPA is the best black IPA I have tried by far. 

• Like 2

Lovely, smooth porter.

IMG_20190812_183429.thumb.jpg.0a463e8c2d80c609c63e5d45e2fe6acb.jpg

Wow, just wow. Tastes as it looks. Minimal bitterness, massive hoppiness. So fruity and no fruit in sight.

IMG_20190812_205258.thumb.jpg.255c9b5db3c18f9975ea50337411935e.jpg

Glorious. Hoppy, no roast flavour at all, you'd think black food colouring was used. WTF?

IMG_20190812_194413-1.thumb.jpg.5f63b69d01963ab1809e1a2c943b20a1.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Had a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Tropical Torpedo last weekend.

On spesh at Dans for $21 bucks, due to being discontinued.

Best before date was 11/19.

Was really  good as usual from SN but would love to get a fresh one , one of these days.

Well worth it though -  good bang for buck!

Struggle buying anything these days in 4 packs and also 330ml bottles / cans.

Just doesn’t sit right !

Cheers

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...