Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

On 6/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, Hairy said:

I found the Circadian at my Aldi on the next visit (they were hiding amongst the cider). I enjoyed all three that I tried; the Medusa, Goliath and Circadian.

The Circadian was very piney.

Walked in to my local Aldi (Leichhardt) and lo and behold the Circadian was on the shelves. Just two or so weeks too late! Grabbed two because it was recommended. Will try one tomo (AFD today, race tomo morn)

On 6/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, The Captain1525230099 said:

A0ED693E-B05E-408D-8A5E-234FF8ED7255.jpeg

I'm just about to have a chat with my lawyers about a possible character defamation & plagiarism lawsuit. ?

Anyways, my "Enterprising Lager" will kick it's head in once I've perfected it.  ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

42 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

I'm just about to have a chat with my lawyers about a possible character defamation & plagiarism lawsuit. ?

Anyways, my "Enterprising Lager" will kick it's head in once I've perfected it.  ?

Cheers,

Lusty.

If you can get it to ferment properly ?

• Haha 1

I had a local breweries Coffee Amber yesterday, was freakishly good. Went to another and drank a NEIPA with Citra, Amarillo and Galaxy - the brewer thought, but couldn't really remember.. Was yummy.

Dry July starts for me tomorrow so I have a few Deep Creek Kombi Pale Ales to ring in the new financial year. Plus a couple of Furphys I picked up on the cheap.

I’m undecided on the Furphy, it isn’t that nice but it isn’t that bad either. I don’t think I would go out of my way to buy it but at $10 a six pack I guess it is worth it.

Now to build up some home brew stock during Dry July and have a very wet August.

Yesterday I had a Moondog Jafferwocky Choc-Orange New England Black IPA on tap. It was really tasty, but actually pretty clear considering the NE prefix. A substantial beer in terms of flavour, mouthfeel and alcohol, I just had the one. Choc-orange sums it up well and I would definitely drink it again.

The ingredients list makes brewing a clone sound tricky... 

Malt: Pale, Golden Naked Oats, Rolled Wheat, CaraAroma, Light Chocolate, Midnight Wheat. Hops: Warrior, Amarillo, Pacifica, Summit Yeast: American Other: Orange Peel, Cacao Nibs

Cheers, 

John

Had a few from one of the local breweries yesterday. 

Ace Pale ale, Stairway to Resin, and the Dirty Bitch which is a whopper of a Russian imperial stout. All of them were sensational beers. 

Had one of those RIS and fell asleep with the young fella ha ha ha Very early night.

824FBAD8-CD1D-4BE7-B80A-4CD46447BECE.jpeg

C65979C8-FBFE-4761-B8E0-BC3C5CB77570.jpeg

F0269A56-A5B7-4BA8-94B3-734D3FFB8FD5.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowbrew said:

The other day i finally tried the Hop Thief 9. I, like most was pretty disappointed with it. Much prefered the 7 with Galaxy and Mosaic. Oh well

I got a 6 pack of the hop thief 9 on a Dan Murphy’s members special. I was a bit disappointed too, expecting more from the citra and calypso. And I also preferred the 7 with the mosaic. 

It’s an ok drop, at the discount price, but not full price. Maybe my palette has changed in the last few years where what I used to think was a good whack of hops, now barely hits the sides. 

1 minute ago, Farls said:

Maybe my palette has changed in the last few years where what I used to think was a good whack of hops, now barely hits the sides. 

I believe this to be totally true. The very hoppy beers of a couple years ago just dont quite cut it anymore. Its pretty upsetting to be honest

the La trappe I brought back from The La Trappe brewery in Holland is aged in a rum barrel. The rest is minis the founders is local brewers in Melbourne s/e burbs.  Founders is nice unusual but very nice and balanced I think anyway

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 1

Drank these yesterday

Little bang Brewing - The Pinkening – Low alcohol, lovely, bright and refreshing

Big Shed Brewing – Golden Time Stout – Amazing caramel flavour, sweet

Left Barrel Brewing – Sunk Down Gose – sour, tart, salty and lovely!

Left Barrel brewing – Alt Skool Bier – malty goodness

Green Beacon Brewing – 7 Bells Passionfruit Gose – SOUR! Passiona, wow, puckering but OH SO NICE!!!!!! Salty and refreshing.

Mismatch Brewing – Evil Archie’s Red IPA _WOW, big dank and fruity.

• Like 2