Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

Actually I’m sorry for that post. After reading it, it sounds insensitive. 

I was actually really interested in the actual owl. It’s a fascinating owl. Fortunately this particular owl is not endangered. 

My apologies for that previous post, it definitely was not meant to be piss taking.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG20181026182747.thumb.jpg.a5e9922c9499fe3d401c110267304e27.jpg

Went round to one of my local breweries Moorebeer Brewing Co the other day. All beers on offer were all really solid.

I reckon the NEIPA - Big Poppa- is probably the pick of the bunch though and the best I have tasted in the style (admittedly not many). Exactly as I'd imagine an NEIPA should be.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grogdog said:

@Shamus O'Sean That was a good run of brews mate very lucky😁

Really dig your tasting notes too.

Twas my wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.  I have my better half to thank for the brews.

My tasting notes are me calling it as I see, smell and taste it.  May not be brew judge standard or using the right terms.  Just plain english.

Glad you enjoyed and hope you might be inspired.

Cheers Shamus

• Like 1

IMG20190404181633.thumb.jpg.b3558586274062f875bb21d605e1bac0.jpg

Nice and refreshing. Perfect after doing a bit of work around the place. It seems I miss times my visit to the brewery as they currently have a pineapple, a cherry, and passion fruit version of the beer on this week.

I really dig this style. Gunna have to give one a go. Do I need a ph meter? Ir can you wing it based on taste alone?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I haven’t splurged for a while so I called into Uncle Dans on my way home and picked up:

4 pack of Bentspoke Sprocket

6 pack of White Rabbit Chocolate Stout (limited release)

I’ve had Sprocket before and it is always good. The chocolate stout is very nice; really smooth.

Edited by Hairy

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Gunna have to give one a go. Do I need a ph meter? Ir can you wing it based on taste alone?

Winging it is entirely possible based on timing and pitching rates. Have a look at the Cube Sour thread. @headmaster put me onto it and it’s a winner!

14 hours ago, Hairy said:

I haven’t splurged for a while so I called into Uncle Dans on my way home and picked up:

4 pack of Bentspoke Sprocket

6 pack of White Rabbit Chocolate Stout (limited release)

I’m a big fan of the BentSpoke beers. They are doing some good things down there

Never had this as I couldnt justify $18 for a 4 pack of middies but got this as clearance at my local! Really enjoying it and mid-strength isnt doing it justice with flavour as its awesome... so much for not buying beer this month

IMG_20190405_164148.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supernerdy said:

Never had this as I couldnt justify $18 for a 4 pack of middies but got this as clearance at my local! Really enjoying it and mid-strength isnt doing it justice with flavour as its awesome... so much for not buying beer this month

Bought a single the other day along with a Pirate Life Throwback IPA.  Both are mid-strength.  One was clearly ahead of the other in my mind, but I do not remember which one.  Might have to buy some more to compare again.

• Haha 3