Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

I picked up a carton of that arc valley lager a couple of guys had been talking about recently. It's not bad for its price tag of $33, better than hollandia and pretty refreshing in this hot and humid weather. Trying to keep the costs down until I have both kegs on tap again as well. Pretty hard to justify $70+ a carton with all the other expenses we have.

Once I get the second fridge going I will probably hardly ever buy beer at all so I'll get sixers of better brews to try then.

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

@Hoppy81 A Port Lincoln beer, any good? 

A really really good beer mate, i am trying to work out a recipe for it as we speak. If you go on their website
They list their stockists. I was in their brewery the other day, great atmosphere and great setup.

Cheers,
Hoppy

32 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

A really really good beer mate, i am trying to work out a recipe for it as we speak. If you go on their website
They list their stockists. I was in their brewery the other day, great atmosphere and great setup.

Cheers,
Hoppy

I’ve tried to get it over here in the west but to no avail. 

Did they have the “Weezale” while you were there?

I haven’t been back to Lincoln for a while, next time I go back I’ll definitely be visiting the beer garden. 

11 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

I’ve tried to get it over here in the west but to no avail. 

Did they have the “Weezale” while you were there?

I haven’t been back to Lincoln for a while, next time I go back I’ll definitely be visiting the beer garden. 

Yeah the Weezale was quite nice too.  We had a brewery show a couple of weeks ago here in Whyalla with Beer garden, our local brewery Project Ale and 
Mountain goat. So yeah tried quite a few that day but the standout was the cage diver.

Maybe give them a call and see if they can send some over to you?

Cheers,
Hoppy

27 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

Yeah the Weezale was quite nice too.  We had a brewery show a couple of weeks ago here in Whyalla with Beer garden, our local brewery Project Ale and 
Mountain goat. So yeah tried quite a few that day but the standout was the cage diver.

Maybe give them a call and see if they can send some over to you?

Cheers,
Hoppy

Weezil, the band are some old mates of mine. I cracked up when they told me a beer was named after them. 

Maybe I should email them to get them to send me a few.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Silmaril said:

Found a 6 pack of these at Woolies BWS. 

I wish I could get close to this style with kits and bits!

Pirate_Life_IPA__62348.1504504071.500.440.png

You can.

For a few ideas...

Coopers DIY recipe: Beer O'Clock Session IPA approx. 4.5% ABV

Mid-Strength Nirvana approx. 3.5% ABV

The Mid-Strength Nirvana recipe would need to be modded slightly, as since that recipe posting The Coopers Sparkling Ale kit has had it's base bitterness increased.

I hope that helps,

Lusty.

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

You can.

For a few ideas...

Coopers DIY recipe: Beer O'Clock Session IPA approx. 4.5% ABV

Mid-Strength Nirvana approx. 3.5% ABV

The Mid-Strength Nirvana recipe would need to be modded slightly, as since that recipe posting The Coopers Sparkling Ale kit has had it's base bitterness increased.

I hope that helps,

Lusty.

Thanks!

Thoughts on alterations if I wanted to get closer to the 6.8% of the IPA? I've tried the throwback IPA and like it, but not as much as the blue can!

2 hours ago, Silmaril said:

Thanks!

Thoughts on alterations if I wanted to get closer to the 6.8% of the IPA? I've tried the throwback IPA and like it, but not as much as the blue can!

Soz I thought the pic was of the little throwback IPA @ 3.5%.

For the IPA I would try something like the following,

Coopers Sparkling Ale 1.7kg
Briess Munich Malt liquid Malt extract 1.5kg
Light Dry Malt extract 750gms
Dextrose 250gms
Boil 15-20gms of Centennial in 6-7 litres of water/500gms of dry malt extract for 30mins
Add a mix of Centennial, Riwaka, & Simcoe @ flameout totalling approx. 80gms. Steep for 5-10mins then cool.
Dry hop with the same 3 hops at a minimum of 120gms (40gms each), or more if you like.

OG = approx. 1.065
FG = ?
EBC = 20.3
IBU = 62-67
Bottled ABV = approx. 6.8%

Make sure you pitch 2 sachets of US-05 (or equivalent) yeast. Brew to 21 litres. Ferment around 18°C.

That should get you somewhere in the same ball park.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

These will keep me busy for a few Fridays! 

DSC_0104.JPG

An early bday present from my very generous wife!

Cheers, 

John 

My wife calls me Daddy too😉 ha ha ha, just kidding. 

I tried the Bent Spoke Red Nut at a local craft beer festival on the weekend and really liked it. 

Bent Spoke make some very good beers and are my favourite brewery!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MUZZY said:

It appears this brand is Woolies owned but in the absence of sufficient home brew I picked up 20 cans for $38 @ Dan's on a member offer. Bloody nice drop imo.

IMG_20190208_084847.jpg

I had that a while ago and it was nice but just a bit plain. I love the battle between John Boston and James Squire. They both claim to be the first brewers😂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

My wife calls me Daddy too😉 ha ha ha, just kidding. 

I tried the Bent Spoke Red Nut at a local craft beer festival on the weekend and really liked it. 

Bent Spoke make some very good beers and are my favourite brewery!!

Haha! Yeah BentSpoke make some great beers, especially at the brew pub. I am lucky enough to have visited them quite a few times, living in Canberra. That was before having kids, so it's been a while now.

Cheers, 

John

• Like 1