Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

1 hour ago, NewBrews said:

Having a Coopers Session Ale tonight.  Got to go pick up the tin lids in a while so just one for a start. 

Got a carton of them,  so might have to harvest me some CCA yeast. Wonder how the Shark Attack XPA will go with it... 

Me too.  Very happy with them too.  

I have to be on the road for much of Xmas day and 1.2 standard drinks per stubby is an equation I can work with while actually enjoying a beer or three.  I can't say the same for Mild Ale.  I found it a chore to drink through six of them at a recent across town Grade 1 reunion.  I couldn't wait to get home to a proper home brew, but I would have been happy to put away five session ales in 4 hours - and saved one for 'ron. 

Edited by James of Bayswater
specifics
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, James of Bayswater said:

Me too.  Very happy with them too.  

I have to be on the road for much of Xmas day and 1.2 standard drinks per stubby is an equation I can work with while actually enjoying a beer or three.  I can't say the same for Mild Ale.  I found it a chore to drink through six of them at a recent across town Grade 1 reunion.  I couldn't wait to get home to a proper home brew, but I would have been happy to put away five session ales in 4 hours - and saved one for 'ron. 

I experience this with the canned version – all fizz and Pride of Ringwood up-front and ugly. The stubbies I find OK, though I think I'd struggle with six on the trot. 

9 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Mind BLOWN. Lousy pic, deep red. spritzy, sour, wine like aroma.

IMG_20181225_205933.thumb.jpg.e161d2fe484437d25f5f732d8985fb1a.jpg

I've had the pleasure of trying this beer. It may not have the been the 2015 vintage though. Similarly mind blown. Phenomenal beer from a phenomenal brewery

I had my first ever "Gruit" beer today. For those unfamiliar with the term, it is a beer that uses herbal sources to create bitterness & flavour, & was pretty much the 'norm' prior to when hops were discovered & used for this purpose.

FirstEverGruit.jpg

After you get over the slight noticeable difference from drinking normal hopped beers, It's actually quite enjoyable. The carbonation was near perfect, nice head development that stuck around a little while before fading. Nice malt character, & whatever herbal influences & fruit that may have been used created an enjoyable overall flavour to drink.

Would I ever brew a beer like this? Hell No! Do I appreciate the knowledge required to produce a beer like this, & the effort it would have taken to make it, hell YES!

Hats off to the brewery for making this commemorative batch.

Dainton Brewing Co. (Live Beer Menu)

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 5