Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

Slim pickings at the liquor land I stopped at but grabbed these 2.

Bricklane - One Love Pale Ale

Nice sessionable beer. Was eating Chinese at the time but can still taste a decently hopped beer.

ParrotDog - XPA 

Again very sessionable. Not as hop heavy as the previous but again drank it with Chinese food lol. Both tasted great but I think the Bricklane comes out on top.

20181207_175725.jpg

• Like 1

Went to Firsty Camel and saw a few different craft choices tonight.

Ended up with Coopers Session ale so though so I could compare to me brew I made the other week as I haven't been to impressed so far. Does anyone know if the cooper session ale recipe has change from earlier this year ?

I challenge any stout or porter drinker to dislike this,

Its one of the best I've had.

Very rich though, definitely not sessionable (too much of this would kill you i reckon).

From Blackman's brewery torquay.

Well worth a try.

BBP.jpg

Edited by Gag.Halfrunt
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Picked up a bottle of Shepherd Neame IPA from Dan's earlier, it's currently chilling in the fridge for tonight when I get home again. Interested to try it, don't remember having an English IPA before. 

I enjoy an English IPA but I found this one a bit too sweet. I may have to revisit it.

I celebrated another birthday recently & my sister was kind enough to pay a visit to my favourite bottleshop & pick me up a selection of beers as a present.

Beers-9-12-2018.jpg

She grabbed me a 6pk of the Yakima Monster of which I've already had one of. Bold claim given the name, but backed it up well. Very enjoyable.

There's a "Gruit" in there that I've never had before so will look forward to sampling that. The Colonial Porter will be put away for the Autumn/Winter.

The rest won't see out the Summer. 😁

Happy times,

Lusty.

12 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Don’t be seasonist, drink it now!

It's an inbuilt thing. I don't drink dark beers at all during the hotter months here in SA. I enjoy the darker roasted malt beers & the usual added alcohol warmth much more when the weather is cold.

I couldn't watch Summer based episodes of Seinfeld either during our Summer as Kramer's mannerisms & behaviours seemed to make me sweat more than usual! 🤣

😁

How's that Magnum beer coming along? I bet you've had to wrap your brew fridge in cling wrap to contain the massive hop based aroma from stinking your neighbourhood out! 😜

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 1