Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

I got a carton of Milton cranberries. Normally I wouldn't drink megaswill unless it was the only option but in the current weather they're going down pretty good. Plus I didn't feel like spending $80+ on a carton of pale ale. I'll keep one of the empties for the home bar since they're in vintage packaging

IMG_20181201_140652.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I got a carton of Milton cranberries. Normally I wouldn't drink megaswill unless it was the only option but in the current weather they're going down pretty good. Plus I didn't feel like spending $80+ on a carton of pale ale. I'll keep one of the empties for the home bar since they're in vintage packaging

IMG_20181201_140652.jpg

Current weather? what this mean?  just kidding otto,  my beers are good  rain wind or shine........lol

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Mate, the weather must be pretty bad to drink that; it is almost undrinkable. 

I tried the XXX special beer at the Milton brewery once and it was pretty good. Do they package that up there?

Ah, Fourex. I remember those cans well. I loved this stuff back in the 80s growing up in the UK, when I thought some Aus beer was really good. Either it was actually better then, or I started to realise beer was meant to taste of something.

I reckon they've blanded it over the years but I wasn't around 40-50 or more years ago to have tasted it back then. 

Hairy I haven't seen the XXX one anywhere but the brewery, although the XXXX off the wooden kegs at the brekky creek pub is better than the usual stuff. 

Guv, if I had a pale on tap I'd be drinking it haha. I did have a boh pils on tap but it ran out during the week. The other tap has my red ale which I'm drinking now but it's not that refreshing in 30 million degrees and high humidity 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Hairy I haven't seen the XXX one anywhere but the brewery, although the XXXX off the wooden kegs at the brekky creek pub is better than the usual stuff. 

Had the days first schooner out the keg not so long ago. I think it’s a QLDers right of passage to make the pilgrimage to the brekky creek by 12pm any given day.  Definitely tastes better for sure. 

2 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Had the days first schooner out the keg not so long ago. I think it’s a QLDers right of passage to make the pilgrimage to the brekky creek by 12pm any given day.  Definitely tastes better for sure. 

Hey Mitch

Great choice of avatar

Cheers Shamus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lab Rat said:

Lemmy was the band. Great movie on Lem too. My favourite Hawkwind era was with Lemmy. When you play bass like it's a guitar, you get Motorhead.

I spent 8 days straight at the rainbow waiting for the great man to show up back in 2013. Was the year he got his pace maker so he wasn’t hanging their much. Still was good to just sit and wait though. Last time I went back to LA I visited the cemetery where he’s kept. Him and Dio are opposite each other. 

Edited by MitchBastard
  • Like 3

Yep!

Dr. Tim's Traditional Ale cans were first seen by the public at an Adelaide  BDO, early 2004.  Before that, they were seen at a Corporate Golf Day in Adelaide - November 2003 from memory.  At that stage, it was an all green can with no barcode.

Image result for coopers dr tim's traditional ale cans

• Like 1

Not a six pack, but went into a local bottle shop to buy some dry white wine for a risotto I'm making tonight & thought I'd check to see if anything new was in their beer range while I was there. Spotted the following... (Apologies if this one has already been mentioned here on the forum)

LilCreaturesXPA-2018.jpg

There appears to be quite a few interpretations of the "XPA" tag atm. looking at this pic Little Creatures have taken the light colour route ahead of everything else as other breweries have. My view of this yet to be officially categorised beer is that it should be an extension of a session pale ale at around 5-6% ABV but without excessive bitterness. Colour & malt construction can be whatever the brewery leans on.

That said, this is a nice beer to drink, very sessionable @ 4.9% ABV. As soon as I cracked the bottle cap, I had a good whiff of what came out. It took me back to the first time I ever had a Little Creatures beer. Really good even at the cold temp I poured & drank it at. 😎

I admit I couldn't pick specific aromas, just hints of various hops on each sip that made the beer interesting. Given the complex hop schedule & diversity it's no wonder I struggled to nail down specifics.

Enjoyable, but I'd like to see this beer @ 5.5% ABV with a little more hop flavour & a slightly magnified aromatic to match what it already has @ 4.9% ABV.

I'll be keeping my eyes out for this beer from now on. I liked it.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

Tried one of these last night. Never again 

Why never again? I saw them on sale and thought it sounded interesting. Then bought a case of Coopers Pale Ale cans instead. Sounds like I might have made the right decision. 

Cheers, 

John 

• Haha 1

I had MOA Pilsner that is finished with champagne yeast and that was quite noice.

I have just ordered a couple of Christmas beers..

Mountain Goat Christmas Ale 2018 750ml    
Stone & Wood 'X' Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 750ml    
Rodenbach Vintage 2015    

looking forward to these.

• Like 2