Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

spent the day yesterday at Mornington Peninsula brewery and had a great day with my best mates.

Had:

Pale ale

Larger

IPA

Galaxy Pash (Galaxy sour)

Hamfish Brut IPA

The pale, Larger and IPA are all great beers.

The Galaxy Pash is a sour beer and what a ripper it was/is. Im a huge fan of their Brain squeeze which is a Lemon sour and a cracker also.

The Hamfish...eh . Can say i wasnt  huge fan. It was very Saison(ish) in its yeasty flavour. Very dry finish. Im thinking the yeasty, phenolicy flavours would put a lot of people off who dont like that type of flavours.

@porschemad911 I did a day trip to your hometown today to see Floriade with my dad and my daughter. Was nice the three generations being there walking around Commonwealth Park. Last time I went to Floriade was with my dad about 23 years ago!

Anyhoo, on the way out I saw a stand/stall promoting Canberra and big sign with CRAFT BEER. The usual Canberra suspects and I checked the bottom of the cans and they don't get much fresher. Packaged between 21/8 and 11/9. So I bought a mixed six to enjoy over the long weekend.

Haven't tried the Pact before.

988EB255-23A8-411E-AF2F-F565CC7406F5.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joolbag said:

So I bought a mixed six to enjoy over the long weekend.

Oooh nice, can't go wrong with any of those! Now if only Bentspoke had had their limited canned release of Cluster 8 available ...

I'll be off to Floriade on Monday with my wife, sister and little boy. Will be a welcome bit of relaxation after a weekend of on-call software release support work. I've been many times, with many different relatives and family members. Always some nice memories! I just have to remember to wear a pair of nice leather boots that need polishing ... then wander by that stall selling the beewax leather conditioner for a sample ?

Hope you enjoyed your time in the nation's capital!

Cheers,

John

Edited by porschemad911

12 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I wont be brewing a NEIPA anytime soon. I really don’t know what all the fuss is about.

Neither do I mate. A mate brought a squealer of a red NEIPA around on Sunday from a local brewery. It was nice but nothing you'd rave about, the yeast haze is off putting, assuming it's yeast.. whatever it is it's off putting. I don't worry about a bit of cloudiness but when it starts looking like vegetable soup that's just... no. Besides, IPAs are supposed to be bitter, not fruit juice.

• Like 1

I feel the same, I’ve tried to give it a crack and tried numerous NEIPA’s. Some local ones and some ones that are supposed to be the ducks nuts, but for my tastes they have fallen short. 

Im not saying they aren’t drinkable just not something that I’d go out of my way to get my hands on some. 

Kinda like the Brut I just brewed. 

@Silmaril

The little dove is a pretty good beer. I think anyone will be impressed with that big boy. 

I must say that I’m a fan of the SN Pale. I’d love to try it in the US. As I feel by the time it’s got here it may be loosing some hop punch. They really do know their beer at SN. Great bitter punch and a very nice flavour and aroma that showcases cascade very well. 

Big thumbs up for your choices however if you haven’t tried it before, the Bridge Road Saison is a splendid version of a Saison 

03C72073-BF64-4C73-A327-654A2555971A.jpeg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Captain1525230099 said:

@Silmaril

The little dove is a pretty good beer. I think anyone will be impressed with that big boy. 

I must say that I’m a fan of the SN Pale. I’d love to try it in the US. As I feel by the time it’s got here it may be loosing some hop punch. They really do know their beer at SN. Great bitter punch and a very nice flavour and aroma that showcases cascade very well. 

Big thumbs up for your choices however if you haven’t tried it before, the Bridge Road Saison is a splendid version of a Saison 

I was lucky enough to be in LA this time last year, and tried the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale then. It was great!

I've only tried one Saison to date, which was the Two Birds version. Wasn't a huge fan.