Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

A couple tonight.

Red Ale was nice but I think a little bland. Good malt back bone, nice without the black patent influence. Light with a good, not over the top hop presence, bitterness spot on and aroma was ok. 

The American Pale was nice, aroma of manjo/apricot was through the roof. Nice bite of bitterness but not over the top like most things American. Single hopped citra beer. Well played sir. Would I buy another? Nah, id prefer my latest Amarillo pale TBH. Good beer though. 

81BFC436-8560-4BF8-8239-D34622D79A01.jpeg

7A7BE795-D87D-4118-9B10-BE0B1DDD359C.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I only care about knowing what I'm getting, given the two styles are quite different from each other. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for them to put NZ on the label to distinguish it from the style that most would associate the word with. ?

Well as far as holding onto that traditional Pilsner tag.....(linky)

?

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 2

Commercial Brut IPA by WA brewery Cheeky Monkey, didn’t think I’d find one.

It’s a well made beer however like my original thoughts it’s not very exciting. Nice hop presence, fruity and clean tasting. Would be great on a 40 degree day in the pool. Alas not very exciting but it was better than the traditional pils. 

EA20F081-C42A-42AD-8FE3-C0B7C0C36FF3.jpeg

35EB6937-834A-484D-90E7-62CA45FE567C.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, Ben 10 said:

I had a local breweries Coffee Amber yesterday, was freakishly good. Went to another and drank a NEIPA with Citra, Amarillo and Galaxy - the brewer thought, but couldn't really remember.. Was yummy.

Recently had a BIG NUT Dark Ale from Bent Spoke = roasty coffee, nutty and hoppy. Not bad at all.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:24 PM, Hilltop hops said:

Hi all,

Not a friday but the old man gave me some Coopers Vintage Ale 2007. Must have been stored well cause it tastes great! 

20180908_201240.jpg

Nice. Love the AB&BBQF glass, I've got a bit of a collection of those in the back of the cupboard.

Was up on the Gold Coast on the weekend and my flight was delayed, so I did what most people would do...went and found a brewery.

Black hops brewery in Burleigh Heads. Good little spot, bit of a warehouse converted into brewery and tap room with food as well. Did a tasting paddle there with a mid strength IPA, session ale, raspberry Saison and an IPA. All good beers, worth a look if you're up the GC. Couldn't take any on the flight home unfortunately. They sell them in cans, haven't seen them anywhere in SA yet.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I visited Black Hops when I was up there at Christmas. Nice little venue and their beers are great. I really like the Hornet IPA and the Lazy Days Lager. But their Eggnog Stout is still the best.

This sounds promising! I have a few cans of Black Hops in the fridge at the moment and the Eggnog Stout is one of them. So far I have only had the black NEIPA and it was delicious!!

20180911_123000.jpg

• Like 2

Grabbed some Gage Roads little dove. Really nice beer, but 6.2. I committed beer heresy by cutting my first homebrew lager with it... and got a bloody good beer. Beefed up the lager, didn't smash my head.

Gage-Roads-Little-Dove-6119-1.png.5347d09e27b1fe76a98464f7aec1c620.png

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 12:00 PM, Fergy1987 said:

This sounds promising! I have a few cans of Black Hops in the fridge at the moment and the Eggnog Stout is one of them. So far I have only had the black NEIPA and it was delicious!!

20180911_123000.jpg

It took all of my will power not to try their heavier beers. Had to drive the hire car back to the airport. Will get stuck into it next time I'm up there...

17 hours ago, therealthing691 said:

this was a bit of diversity  Abv% from left to right  5%    6.8%     14%    all nice but the oak aged was damn over priced but was a once off

DSCN5974.JPG

I'm impressed they had the guts to put that barleywine beer in a can! ?