Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

I picked up a carton on the way to work the other day. The local bottle shop has a couple of bargain bins. Picked up a can of Big Sky Scape Goat pale ale and tailgate Sorta IPA. $2 each. Both were nice n Hoppy. Good little find. Spewing that I didn't drive through Missoula Montana (where the big Sky brewery is) a few years ago when I did a massive road trip around the states. 

I recently picked up a case of Australian Brewery Alchemy Golden Lager. They used to do this as a golden ale but now it is a lager with Vic Secret and Ella. It is has oats and flaked barley so it has a great mouth feel. It is a bargain at $56 for a case of 375ml cans from First Choice Liquor.

I just searched far and wide for the new James Squire Hop Thief 9 after being a BIG fan of the Hop Thief 8. 

I got home and chilled the 6 pack and poured it in my James Squire glass and..............................it’s absolutely horrible. 

BB

D1841340-9408-4856-8851-184F68233EBC.jpeg

On 5/26/2018 at 7:37 PM, Hairy said:

I picked up a GABs six pack from Dan Murphy’s today. There are a few interesting beers in it.

I’m getting in some training before the Sydney GABs event next weekend.

Any standouts Hairy? Enjoy the training haha

I picked up one of these today and looking forward to tasting. The strawberry and rosemary wheat has me pretty intrigued.

GABS a little too far away for me. Enjoy!

The Rasberry sour IPA was a standout and I really liked the Stockade barrel aged dark ale. The red ale was solid and the strawberry and rosemary wheat beer worked surprisingly well (would go well with lamb).

I wasn’t a big fan of the Deep Creek Stonefruit Berliner but that was more because of the style. I had a Berliner Weiss that made me puke (because of a butyric acid infection) and I have struggled with the style ever since.

I am yet to drink the stout.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your thoughts Hairy ?

I was looking forward to the raspberry sour ipa too.

I had a crack at the stout last night after posting. I don't drink too many stouts. This was nice and smooth. I picked up a fair smokeyness to it. I was sitting beside the fire though haha. I'm undecided on that character in beer. 

Mmmmm, butyric acid! Sounds like a terrible experience! 

• Like 1

Koo wee brew I picked up some of the English beers as well. Not expecting miracles, but they are cheap and different to what I usually brew. Might inspire me to explore different styles.

Some were sold out by the time I got there today! I picked up the blonde, an amber and a ruby. Plus a four pack of 440mL cans.  Lemme know what you think when you sample them. I will probably wait until tomorrow or Friday night

2 hours ago, Koo wee brew said:

Hey,

ALDI has a selection of English beers on special from today ?

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks to the cheese and kisses for picking me up some today ?

Oh yes, I saw those in the catalogue and made a note to go and get some at lunch time. Then I forgot all about it and went and played basketball instead ... knowing my local Aldi they'll be sold out for sure by now!