Coopers Community

How Vic Bitter is made.

Oldbloke

31 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

14 hours and @Classic Brewing Co hasn't commented.  Amazing.

Phil, are you okay?

Ha Ha Shamus I am OK, thank you for asking, I was thinking the post was a little crass but have to agree that there are elements that could be taken from that room that contribute to the ghastly taste of that horrid beer. 😬

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Ha Ha Shamus I am OK, thank you for asking, I was thinking the post was a little crass but have to agree that there are elements that could be taken from that room that contribute to the ghastly taste of that horrid beer. 😬

I used to have similar jokes of that beer and have seen the same post about xxxx. I also remember when joining this site I spent a good week going through old posts.

Good old classic also mentioned that great northern was as VB and would not drink it if given to him for free, It was horrid? But then he was drinking $7 imperial pints at the local? 

Yes we can make better beer but at the end of the day we enjoy beer. Depending on the scenario we can drink beers we see as horrid or not good?

Nothing wrong with the occasional mega swill if it's in a pub or travelling somewhere and don't want to cart home brew around and have the yeast mix up and cloud the beer and make us gassy?

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I used to have similar jokes of that beer and have seen the same post about xxxx. I also remember when joining this site I spent a good week going through old posts.

Good old classic also mentioned that great northern was as VB and would not drink it if given to him for free, It was horrid? But then he was drinking $7 imperial pints at the local? 

Yes we can make better beer but at the end of the day we enjoy beer. Depending on the scenario we can drink beers we see as horrid or not good?

Nothing wrong with the occasional mega swill if it's in a pub or travelling somewhere and don't want to cart home brew around and have the yeast mix up and cloud the beer and make us gassy?

As I said the only reason I have a Great Northern I drink at that particular pub is because their drink prices are outrageous. A regular SA Schooner 285ml can be as much as $8.90-$11.00 depending on brand, A SA Pint 425ml is anywhere between $9.50-$14.00.

Each month they have a 'Beer of the Month' & they are $6.00 for an Imperial Pint 570ml & they are $6.00, one month it could be XXXX or TED's or Great Northern so out of those the GN is a better option for me, I don't love it but at that price I can swallow it,

AS for VB, thankfully they don't have it on tap as none of the locals will drink it, if someone wants one, they have stubbys.

You are right about my opinion of VB - I wouldn't drink it if it was free.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

same and i have 

@Classic Brewing Co geeze those normal beer prices you mentioned for the pub are outrageous. Surprised they are in business.

It is the Watermark Hotel by the seaside, it is a long-established hotel & about to be renovated to a 2-storey. 

Most of the Pubs in Glenelg are about the same until you move out about 1km away & then the prices aren't quite so bad.

It is a major tourist area.

Watermark Glenelg

d2cc6a5b-ca54-4c72-87e1-83d0c78a1932.jpg

watermark-glenelg (1).jpg

watermark-glenelg.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It is the Watermark Hotel by the seaside, it is a long-established hotel & about to be renovated to a 2-storey. 

Most of the Pubs in Glenelg are about the same until you move out about 1km away & then the prices aren't quite so bad.

Watermark Glenelg

watermark-glenelg.jpg

Looks a bit too La De Da for me Classic Phil, what with the International Buff- ett an' all.  Is that your local watering hole mate?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mickep said:

Looks a bit too La De Da for me Classic Phil, what with the International Buff- ett an' all.  Is that your local watering hole mate?

Yes, Mick it is the closest one about 900m from where I live, just a short walk takes me in Glenelg Centre & there is the PIER HOTEL/GRAND HOTEL/JETTY HOTEL/MOSLEY HOTEL & on a corner there is a 25-million-dollar Hotel Resort being built.

There are heaps of licensed restaurants, cafe's & clubs also.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yes, Mick it is the closest one about 900m from where I live, just a short walk takes me in Glenelg Centre & there is the PIER HOTEL/GRAND HOTEL/JETTY HOTEL/MOSLEY HOTEL & on a corner there is a 25-million-dollar Hotel Resort being built.

There are heaps of licensed restaurants, cafe's & clubs also.

This is a rough map Mick, the lower circle is the Pub & over the bridge & up a bit is my street, to the left is the sea.

You can even see the sand on the water's edge where my morning walk ends.

Glenelg-1.jpg.38585f4fb2fc8a10d861e2a771e9974a.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is a rough map Mick, the lower circle is the Pub & over the bridge & up a bit is my street, to the left is the sea.

You can even see the sand on the water's edge where my morning walk ends.

Looks beautiful mate. Must be great in summer. 

3 hours ago, ozdevil said:

i think there is one here in Victoria,  i think around bendigo region    

Today I did a tour of the Abbotsford brewery.  Guess what, I spotted it as we walked past the worker change room. 😉 😆

P.S. You would have to pay me to drink VB.

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Watermark Glenelg

watermark-glenelg.jpg

Used to go there just for the excellent buffet Phil, but covid put a stop to it. Is the buffet back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldbloke said:

Today I did a tour of the Abbotsford brewery.  Guess what, I spotted it as we walked past the worker change room. 😉 😆

P.S. You would have to pay me to drink VB.

i used deliver the beer kegs from that said brewery

• Haha 1