Coopers Community

How many beers did you brew in 2022?

ben 10

Not many for me in last 12 months due to big holiday and then family dramas that needed sorting so production was down to just over half.

Only did 21 made up of 20 AG and 1 K & K for a total of 551 litres so 1.5 L /day.   Was 8 lager batches and 13 Ale batches.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 5

I probably shouldn't answer but what the hell..

I brew one a week for My Wife and another for Me.

we have weeks when we are short and others when we are over.

over all I will say I drink a bit more than the Wife.

Tipped Four...😞

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hard for me to tell as I changed my software about 2/3rd through the year but I would guess over 40. Which more than 30 would have been new recipes.   I have a few regulars I make like  Fat Yak and Stone and Wood inspire pale ales plus a Jap lager and  a Kentucky Common. The rest would be new recipes I have put together.  I have found my taste changing from malt driven beers to more hoppy Pale Ales.   It is know as the lupulin effect.     All were AG. 

Edited by Marty_G
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, RDT2 said:

I don’t actually know I should keep better records???? 🤣

Hey mate, if you're interested to keep records of your brews with minimum effort I recommend a free app called Brewtracker. It's how I keep records of my brews. Simple to use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I brewed on 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2022, so probably trying to optimise how many I did for the year.  😁

I made 38 brews in total.  For a total of 1,002 litres.  But I also brew for three others.

• 27 all grains
  • 11 kit 'n' kilos, including 3 Recipe of the Month brews

The general breakdown style-wise was:

• 15 Pale Ale/Ale
  • 6 IPA/IIPA
  • 7 Lager
  • 4 Stout/Porter
  • 2 Sour
  • 1 IIPA, 1 Wheat, 1 Saison, and 1 Kolsch
  • Like 8

Don't keep meticulous records today like I used to but it would be around 20 I would say. Pre covid was around the 50 mark but a combination of less consumption and also less people popping in these days has reduced it a lot. I'm hoping I will do more this year in particular the ones I bottle and age. I literally have nothing in bottles bar some Flanders reds.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Malter White said:

Hey mate, if you're interested to keep records of your brews with minimum effort I recommend a free app called Brewtracker. It's how I keep records of my brews. Simple to use.

Thanks mate I actually have that app which I used when I first started out. I then started using another app when i started AG which was then discontinued and now use Brewfather. But just been too lazy to use the batch system. I have just bought myself a small laptop which I think will be easier than using the phone so hoping that will build my enthusiasm for record keeping!

Thanks for the tip though it’s a pretty good app! I found it good when I was bottling as well as it showed how long it was bottled for  etc!

• Like 5

I only started in October but have done 5. Last one was the IPA on Boxing day

1. Stout
  2. Lager
  3. Raspberry Berliner
  4. Dark Ale
  5. American IPA

I am a K&K guy and am enjoying it. My friends and family assisted greatly with getting more space for bottles to be stored during the festive season by drinking my stockpile. What great helpers. Might do a stout this week to put down for winter

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

I've done 17 AG since 20th Feb 22 when I got my GrainFather. I've done about 5 kits also, mainly Recipe of the Month or Coopers Vintage. Not that many I would say compared to some, but it is mainly me drinking them, apart from those I give away.

Out of a sense of decency I give the postie a 6 pack of bottles every time he has to lug a 25kg sack of grain to the front door. He reckons it's a good deal - obvs I do too 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 4