Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2023?

Shamus O'Sean

Transferred my Double Batch AG Coopers XPA Clone from cube to fermenter today. 
‘My brother loves my Craft Beer (but knows nothing about brewing so calls the fermenter Sputnik), so that’s its nickname now. 🤷‍♂️
‘Pressure Ferment at 19 degrees for around 10 days, then ramp to 21-22 for 2 days, then CC & keg. 
‘Smelt divine going in the fermenter.

Calculations out though, came in at 1040, I calculated and adjusted my recipe in Brewfather to 1035, still getting used to Brewfather. 🤷‍♂️

F6D135A7-2D95-4945-83A2-7B89D7D773E6.jpeg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

‘My brother loves my Craft Beer (but knows nothing about brewing so calls the fermenter Sputnik), so that’s its nickname now.

That's hilarious. 😂 And what's going on with the emoji's on this website. They've gone rogue on us. 🧉?????

• Haha 1

Both batches - Coopers Hefe wheat beer and the Coopers Pale ale.

SG:  both at 1.020 on day 7 Hefe fermented with Lalle Munich and the PA using Notty. 

Can I just say a quick test of the Hydrometer sample of the Hefe was very very drinkable even at 20 degrees and without the fizz. I think it's gonna be a fine beer - fingers crossed.

Hefe Wheat beer;

322813146_722990245842666_5996604808392290133_n.thumb.jpg.4db5d2f67cf71b9090cba15f453564d2.jpg

Coopers Pale Ale;

322470547_3382349468749997_5539688893909317154_n.thumb.jpg.e466040b2d519753ea37f92ac835203b.jpg

• Like 7

I found this on Instagram from a LBHS site, they reckon it's pretty close to the original Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I might try it.

image.png.93ed094154cafc23e4835bd1e236353a.png

Beer Style Ale, Pale Ale ⁠
Flavour Profile Pine, Citrus, Spicy ⁠
Alcohol Content about 6 % ⁠
Volume 23L ⁠

Ingredients⁠
1 tin Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale (1.7kg) ⁠
1 tin light malt extract (1.5kg) ⁠
1kg dextrose ⁠
200g Caramalt infusion (1 pack) ⁠
100g Cascade hops ⁠
M44 - Mangrove Jacks US West Coast yeast ⁠

Steps⁠
1. Add Caramalt infusion pack to at least 500ml of warm (68C) water. Steep for 15minutes. ⁠
2. Add 40g hops to a bowl of hot water. Steep for 15 minutes. ⁠
3. Add the two brew cans and the bag of dextrose to the sanitised fermenter, with 2-3 litres cold water, and stir to dissolve. ⁠
4. Strain the malt and hop liquid into the fermenter, using a mesh strainer. ⁠
5. Top up to the 23 litre mark with lukewarm or cold water (refrigerated if necessary) to get as close to 20C as possible. Sprinkle the dry yeast then fit the lid. ⁠
6. With 4 days to go in fermentation (day 10), add the rest of the hops (use a hop sock ⁠
if you like) ⁠
7. Bottle or keg around day 14, or as close as you can after.⁠

• Like 5

On 1/8/2023 at 1:39 PM, Tone boy said:

In my FV is the Coopers ROTM - Super Slurper Hazy IPA. It’s a 20 litre concoction with the wheat beer kit as the base. Also my first time using golden naked oats, and cryo pop hops.

This recipe only has 50g of hops added, which doesn’t seem like much for an IPA…So I’m thinking of upping the dry hop (the dry hop is only 25g of Nelson Suavin).

then again perhaps I should just stick to the recipe for once!!🤣🤣

Well today I dry hopped the IPA.

As predicted, I was unable to stick to the recipe. For the dry hop I threw in:

• 25g Nelson Suavin ( this is in the recipe)
  • 25g Motueka
  • 30g Galaxy 

See how it goes…

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I found this on Instagram from a LBHS site, they reckon it's pretty close to the original Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I might try it.

image.png.93ed094154cafc23e4835bd1e236353a.png

Beer Style Ale, Pale Ale ⁠
Flavour Profile Pine, Citrus, Spicy ⁠
Alcohol Content about 6 % ⁠
Volume 23L ⁠

Ingredients⁠
1 tin Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale (1.7kg) ⁠
1 tin light malt extract (1.5kg) ⁠
1kg dextrose ⁠
200g Caramalt infusion (1 pack) ⁠
100g Cascade hops ⁠
M44 - Mangrove Jacks US West Coast yeast ⁠

Steps⁠
1. Add Caramalt infusion pack to at least 500ml of warm (68C) water. Steep for 15minutes. ⁠
2. Add 40g hops to a bowl of hot water. Steep for 15 minutes. ⁠
3. Add the two brew cans and the bag of dextrose to the sanitised fermenter, with 2-3 litres cold water, and stir to dissolve. ⁠
4. Strain the malt and hop liquid into the fermenter, using a mesh strainer. ⁠
5. Top up to the 23 litre mark with lukewarm or cold water (refrigerated if necessary) to get as close to 20C as possible. Sprinkle the dry yeast then fit the lid. ⁠
6. With 4 days to go in fermentation (day 10), add the rest of the hops (use a hop sock ⁠
if you like) ⁠
7. Bottle or keg around day 14, or as close as you can after.⁠

I reckon that would go close to the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  I would either pull back on the Dextrose (say 500g tops) or go BE3.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mickep said:

And in the Coopers Pale Ale @Shamus O'Sean??? Dad Loves this hops and I'm doing a batch of the CPA extract for him now - wondering if I could dry hop with Galaxy in the Coopers PA.

Galaxy goes well as a dry hop in almost all Pale Ale/IPA styles.  Just remove the hops after three days to avoid grassy notes/flavours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Galaxy goes well as a dry hop in almost all Pale Ale/IPA styles.  Just remove the hops after three days to avoid grassy notes/flavours.

Hey Shamus, I dry hopped my Coopers Real Ale with 50gm of POR on day 7, I have a small quantity of Galaxy & I was thinking of an infusion say on day 12, I will keg it on day 14, what do you think?

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

And in the Coopers Pale Ale @Shamus O'Sean??? Dad Loves this hops and I'm doing a batch of the CPA extract for him now - wondering if I could dry hop with Galaxy in the Coopers PA.

Goes really well, so I bought a bunch of galaxy.

Try this Golden Ale out mate, except swap the amarillo for galaxy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Coopers APA with 1.5kg LDME, trying Kveik voss for the first time and will dry hop it with galaxy. I fired up the second fermenter, no fridge control, hence using kveik. It fired up within hours yesterday nice and quick at 30º, however this morning I found it had stalled at 22º 😩. Out with the heat belt and she is happily bubbling away again. I never thought I would be using a heat belt in summer, when I didn't need it in winter? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bottled my XPA and started another pale

Coopers Pale Ale

1.2 k Light dry Malt

200g Maltodextrin

200g Carapils, 200g Light Crystal Malt, steeped for 40 minutes.

40g Saphire Hops, Boiled for 15 minutes.

Will Dry hop later in the week with 40g of Galaxy

• Like 4

Just put in a batch of the Coopers Sweet Nectar Kolsch, first time using the new brew fridge/Inkbird setup so it will be good.

Mr Beer Golden Ale 1.3kg

Capilano Pure Honey 250g

Lallemand Kolsch dry yeast

will dry hop with 25g Challenger hops.

I like the peace of mind the Inkbird gives of a stable temp! Only problem is it seems there’s no 2.4ghz WiFi nearby to use the app.. bummer.

C6B47F65-FA5A-4716-B948-9336793AFC98.jpeg

• Like 6

Coopers Stout

Used up some stuff leftover..

800g LDM, 200g Dark Malt (end of bag)

100g Maltodetrin

200g Roasted Barley, 100g Chocolate Mate, Steeped for 40 minutes.

30g East Kent Golding Hops, boiled for 15 minutes

Tin Yeast

In the Fridge at 20 deg.

What could go Wrong!

• Like 4