Coopers Community

First time brew. Coopers stout any and all advice welcome

On 11/9/2022 at 7:22 AM, Cult Of One said:

I must say I have really been enjoying the whole process. My 12 year old loves doing the gravity checks with me and plugging the numbers into my excel "brew sheet". Science nerds at my place and loving it. Its been so much fun that even if the product is awful I would want to keep doing it. If the product is good its a bonus.

I don't want to ruin your father/child bonding or change your recording methods, just want to let you know you can also download a free app called Brewtracker to record your brews. There are other apps out there but I'm only familiar with Brewtracker and know it's safe to use.
Sounds like you've chosen the right hobby. Good stuff.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 7:20 PM, Malter White said:

I don't want to ruin your father/child bonding or change your recording methods, just want to let you know you can also download a free app called Brewtracker to record your brews. There are other apps out there but I'm only familiar with Brewtracker and know it's safe to use.
Sounds like you've chosen the right hobby. Good stuff.

I have an unhealthy love for excel . The Nerd is strong in this one.

I did check out brew tracker and it looks good though. I have multi tabs, hyperlinked and I also keep a tips tab from advice I get here and paste it in there. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 5:46 PM, Tone boy said:

Great stuff @Cult Of One 👍

Im looking forward to seeing your lager pics 👍👍🍻

Thanks @Tone boy. Cracked one tonight and its a fine drop, I don't love Lager but it came free with the FV I got so I am sure my mates and family will happily chugg it at a BBQ on a summer day. I have a nice Coopers dark in the FV. I love dark and stout, even in summer.

beer.jpg

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Cult Of One said:

Thanks @Tone boy. Cracked one tonight and its a fine drop, I don't love Lager but it came free with the FV I got so I am sure my mates and family will happily chugg it at a BBQ on a summer day. I have a nice Coopers dark in the FV. I love dark and stout, even in summer.

beer.jpg

Great stuff CoO. Looks like beer. Good colour. It will improve with time.

If you have a beer fridge stash a few bottles away for a couple of months and you will see the difference. 
Cheers mate

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Cult Of One said:

beer.jpg

Coopers Dark Ale + 500g DME. Mmmmmm

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Tone boy said:

If you have a beer fridge stash a few bottles away for a couple of months and you will see the difference. 
Cheers mate

Oh yeah, got a second fridge and will stockpile. Will see what's left in Feb from friends and family and re taste

• Like 3

On 11/22/2022 at 4:25 PM, Cult Of One said:

Looks alright to me Culty, Largers get better with age 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tone boy said:

If you have a beer fridge stash a few bottles away for a couple of months and you will see the difference
Cheers mate

Can I respectfully suggest they will stop aging if stored cold in a fridge. Best just store them an ambient temperature. 

• Like 1