Coopers Community

Morgans extract toucan

Hey all, 

Picked up some more Morgans extract kits on a big sale as I mentioned before, store here closing down. Would just like opinions on the following:

Toucan of Morgan's frontier Ipa and Pacific Pale ale extract kits, made to 22L, with a dry hop 

Toucan of Morgan's Stockman's draught kit x 2, to 23L

Just looking to build up stock with 2 simple brews, keeping abv below 5.5 hopefully. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Hey all, 

Picked up some more Morgans extract kits on a big sale as I mentioned before, store here closing down. Would just like opinions on the following:

Toucan of Morgan's frontier Ipa and Pacific Pale ale extract kits, made to 22L, with a dry hop 

Toucan of Morgan's Stockman's draught kit x 2, to 23L

Just looking to build up stock with 2 simple brews, keeping abv below 5.5 hopefully. 

Cheers

Both options seem like a reasonable thing to do.  I would just look at how many IBU's you get from a toucan of hopped extract.  If you like your brews bitter, it might not be an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Both options seem like a reasonable thing to do.  I would just look at how many IBU's you get from a toucan of hopped extract.  If you like your brews bitter, it might not be an issue.

Thanks SOS mate. I do like a bitter ale. I noticed the IPA and pale ale have 29 amd 24 IBU respectively. So shouldnt be too bitter as an IPA 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PintsMeLocal said:

Thanks SOS mate. I do like a bitter ale. I noticed the IPA and pale ale have 29 amd 24 IBU respectively. So shouldnt be too bitter as an IPA 

Definitely in an IPA range for bitterness.  OG is not huge, so balance tips more to the bitter side.  It should still be fine though.

Let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Definitely in an IPA range for bitterness.  OG is not huge, so balance tips more to the bitter side.  It should still be fine though.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks i will do. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PintsMeLocal said:

That was my concern too - the bitterness. But if you like it that way go for it. 
If it was me I’d go to 24 litres and chuck in some dry wheat malt in the IPA kit…

Edited by Tone boy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

That was my concern too - the bitterness. But if you like it that way go for it. 
If it was me I’d go to 24 litres and chuck in some dry wheat malt in the IPA kit…

Cheers Toner. Just made the brew. Used the 2 cans and both yeasts to 21 litres. Expecting it be on the bitter side as SoS mentioned, but excited to see the outcome. 

Got Galaxy, Eclipse and Chinook for the dry hop

Edited by PintsMeLocal
  • Like 3