Coopers Community

WHAT'S YOUR BREWERY WORTH

Classic Brewing Co

12 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I applaud all you brewers who are creative with your brewing. I like reading about your amazing  brews and looking at the pictures; even though I don't plan to go down that path.

Jennny, the good thing is that you don't have to. You can make good beers without diving into the rabbit hole. I never planned to go down this path either. It just happened due to curiosity and seeking a challenge. I restarted my brewing not 4 years ago with a simple Mr Beer kit, on special for 29.99 in Aldi. And then I found this forum. The rest, as they say, is history 🙂 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Jennny, the good thing is that you don't have to. You can make good beers without diving into the rabbit hole. I never planned to go down this path either. It just happened due to curiosity and seeking a challenge. I restarted my brewing not 4 years ago with a simple Mr Beer kit, on special for 29.99 in Aldi. And then I found this forum. The rest, as they say, is history 🙂 

Exactly mate. I remember when I started around 7 years ago all to reduce of cost from buying beer which it was to start with when I was Brewing with a Coopers can and a box of BE, then it started, bit of extra hops, oh look I should try some premium yeast...oh yeah, I'll chuck some grain in there and all of a sudden I'm doing partials. Wow these partials are a step above the kits I wonder what all grain would taste like, would have to be even better than this. Ok stuff it, ill go buy a pot and do some biab, oh now i need a sparge tank and some other bits of gear. Awesome, love it, then I may as well do bigger batches so i upgrade the pot to a 70L and now bottle days suck as I was bottling in stubbies, hmmmm maybe I should start kegging.....yep done, built my own fridge with a single tap, well that didn't last long, I better put 4 taps in there and now I need atleast 6 kegs to maintain the 4 in the fridge at all times. Hmmm this fridge is pretty old and doesn't like the summer temperature in country S.A, better buy a kegerator. Well long story short I now have a small nano brewery and sell my beer hahaha. Definitely an awesome experience it's been but don't fool yourself into thinking you won't fall down the rabbit hole hahaha.

Best hobby in the world, cheers all 🍻

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

great hobby  but my brewery is priceless 

i'll keep adding while i enjoy it  and until the mrs tells me no more with a gun to my head

dont ever  add the cost up to ya brewery becuase over time its going to give you a heart attack  

thinking  you only brew in a kettle and ferment in a fv and drink from a glass

i'm close to 6 grand at the moment and still climbing   

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I did catch myself watching a Coopers DYI video the other day on little bits and pieces you can add to your brewing extract to make it even yummier - nothing else mind you. It did look pretty doable, and not very expensive, and no extra equipment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jennyss said:

I did catch myself watching a Coopers DYI video the other day on little bits and pieces you can add to your brewing extract to make it even yummier - nothing else mind you. It did look pretty doable, and not very expensive, and no extra equipment.

Slowly Slowly catches the Monkey 🐒

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jennyss said:

And that's how it starts Jenny hahaha

• Haha 1

Not sure of the outlay for my home brewing, but long term it has paid for itself.

1 x Kegerator, 1 x keezer I built, 2 x fermenting fridges,3 x wifi inkbirds, 15 kegs, 6 taps, various spare parts for taps, beer lines etc, 3 x regulators, 3 gas cylinders, Digiboil + AG equipment, 7 fermenters ( 1 Fermzilla), Brewfather Subscription, the list goes on.

Next purchase on the list is a 65L BrewZilla and a 60L FermZilla All Rounder so I can do double batches on my R&R.

‘I am many kilometres down the rabbit hole at this point, but I find it relaxing, enjoyable, rewarding & always a challenge to create new brews.

cheers RD44 🍻🍻

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Not sure of the outlay for my home brewing, but long term it has paid for itself.

1 x Kegerator, 1 x keezer I built, 2 x fermenting fridges,3 x wifi inkbirds, 15 kegs, 6 taps, various spare parts for taps, beer lines etc, 3 x regulators, 3 gas cylinders, Digiboil + AG equipment, 7 fermenters ( 1 Fermzilla), Brewfather Subscription, the list goes on.

Next purchase on the list is a 65L BrewZilla and a 60L FermZilla All Rounder so I can do double batches on my R&R.

‘I am many kilometres down the rabbit hole at this point, but I find it relaxing, enjoyable, rewarding & always a challenge to create new brews.

cheers RD44 🍻🍻

That's the attitude RD - it's only money, you have a nice brewery set-up. 🍻

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1