Coopers Community

kegerator is it worth it to keep

ozdevil

31 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

well the main board arrive d this arvo and i have just  connected it up

hopefully this was the issue

but i am not holding my breath thou

So OD with the new Main Board you are hoping to resurrect the unit & still sell it at a higher price to cover additional costs, that's OK just wondering.

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

So OD with the new Main Board you are hoping to resurrect the unit & still sell it at a higher price to cover additional costs, that's OK just wondering.

well  would get lot more if it will work

but i think ibooz2 may be spot on

i am not going to spend the money on it now to get it fixed when there is new kegerator in my luandry

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

OK, well that is a crappy result.

yep,   it was .   i was only hoping it was the issue.   i knew deep down it may have been alot worse

Edited by ozdevil
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

well  would get lot more if it will work

but i think ibooz2 may be spot on

i am not going to spend the money on it now to get it fixed when there is new kegerator in my luandry

@ozdevil , what a pity you live way across town as I would like to help out here a bit more.  Sorry to hear the cct board was not the answer.  

In order for us to troubleshoot further we need to try something else out and I call on @kmar92 assistance here if he would be able to find on his X series where the temp probe plugs into the cct board and (after disconnecting the mains power of course) un-plug it and meter the probe cct itself with an ohms meter, take note of the reading and reconnect it for normal operation.  No harm done if easy and possible to get at.

If we know or can find out what ohm resistance Kmar92 temp probe is actually showing to hold his series X at say 2 C fridge temp then all we have to do on OzDevils unit is connect a 10 cent resistor across the temp probe terminals on his unit cct board to the same or close ohm value and this will trick OzDevils series X compressor into kicking in to cold mode.   OzDevils may just think it is cold enough so not running as required.

@ozdevil is you compressor running constantly or cutting out after several minutes?  If it does what are the compressor on time compared to off time i.e on for 5" and off for 10" or is it running flat knacker constantly?

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

is you compressor running constantly or cutting out after several minutes?  If it does what are the compressor on time compared to off time i.e on for 5" and off for 10" or is it running flat knacker constantly?

its run flat knacker mate....   

however  trying to trick  x series  into kicking into cold mode   is getting bit beyond me  , i dont really have the tools for this 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@ozdevil , what a pity you live way across town as I would like to help out here a bit more.  Sorry to hear the cct board was not the answer.  

In order for us to troubleshoot further we need to try something else out and I call on @kmar92 assistance here if he would be able to find on his X series where the temp probe plugs into the cct board and (after disconnecting the mains power of course) un-plug it and meter the probe cct itself with an ohms meter, take note of the reading and reconnect it for normal operation.  No harm done if easy and possible to get at.

If we know or can find out what ohm resistance Kmar92 temp probe is actually showing to hold his series X at say 2 C fridge temp then all we have to do on OzDevils unit is connect a 10 cent resistor across the temp probe terminals on his unit cct board to the same or close ohm value and this will trick OzDevils series X compressor into kicking in to cold mode.   OzDevils may just think it is cold enough so not running as required.

@ozdevil is you compressor running constantly or cutting out after several minutes?  If it does what are the compressor on time compared to off time i.e on for 5" and off for 10" or is it running flat knacker constantly?

Yeah no problem @iBooz2 I will check out the probe resistance tomorrow, that is if I can locate it easily on the main board and get to it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

its run flat knacker mate....   

however  trying to trick  x series  into kicking into cold mode   is getting bit beyond me  , i dont really have the tools for this 

@ozdevil if its runs flat knacker 24 /7 then yes maybe it is a gas leak due to vibration of pipework and fracture etc. 

I have seen where a flaring tool was used without facing lube being used and this caused a hardening of the flare on the pipe.  After some time a small circular crack appeared around the flare facing edge and that was the end of that.  Impossible to see as its under the flare nut.  Disassembly is the only way to see it but can be found too by a vac test.

The pipe in this case needed to be cut and re-flared with proper lube in order to seal it up again so it could be evacuated and re-gassed. 

Was your unit physically moved recently?  Was in making any rattling or knocking unusual noises before failure?

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Yeah no problem @iBooz2 I will check out the probe resistance tomorrow, that is if I can locate it easily on the main board and get to it.

Thanks Kmar92 but don't risk you unit if hard to do please.  PS sounds like OzDevil may have a gas leak.  Pity he lives across town as I have a vac pump and digital vac gauge here doing bugger all.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Thanks Kmar92 but don't risk you unit if hard to do please.  PS sounds like OzDevil may have a gas leak.  Pity he lives across town as I have a vac pump and digital vac gauge here doing bugger all.

mate  it would have been appreciated but  i have a kegerator sitting in a box brand new with warranty

it would have been nice to get it going , but i feel its not worth the worry and i will just flog it off for 50 bucks  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@ozdevil if its runs flat knacker 24 /7 then yes maybe it is a gas leak due to vibration of pipework and fracture etc. 

I have seen where a flaring tool was used without facing lube being used and this caused a hardening of the flare on the pipe.  After some time a small circular crack appeared around the flare facing edge and that was the end of that.  Impossible to see as its under the flare nut.  Disassembly is the only way to see it but can be found too by a vac test.

The pipe in this case needed to be cut and re-flared with proper lube in order to seal it up again so it could be evacuated and re-gassed. 

Was your unit physically moved recently?  Was in making any rattling or knocking unusual noises before failure?

no unuasual noises or knocking   or rattling    and never moves

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

no unuasual noises or knocking   or rattling    and never moves

I was tempted to do a Mrs OzDevil joke here Mick but I erred on the side of caution as I don't want to get banned ha ha.😂

Please forgive my sins in thought only.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

I was tempted to do a Mrs OzDevil joke here Mick but I erred on the side of caution as I don't want to get banned ha ha.😂

Please forgive my sins in thought only.

i would have done it mate   .  but i like to live on the side opf danger lol

• Haha 2

kegerator  fully assemble once again beer is cooling down as we speak   

will try a pour a little bit later today if not tommorow  

it was hard supervising the good wife  getting into the hard spots  i cant get my fists to

so with in the space of 24 hrs

1kegerator stripped down and new kegerator ready for action 

i am now a happy man

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

kegerator  fully assemble once again beer is cooling down as we speak   

will try a pour a little bit later today if not tommorow  

it was hard supervising the good wife  getting into the hard spots  i cant get my fists to

so with in the space of 24 hrs

1kegerator stripped down and new kegerator ready for action 

i am now a happy man

Well done Oz mate, so good to hear the news that now you're a happy Chappy. 😀🍻

• Like 1