Coopers Community

GOLF

iBooz2

3rd round of clubbies and was having a reasonable  round going  mind you i cant win clubbies in my grade as i didnt play last weekend , but i got through 14 holes    ..  had 47  on the front    and was looking at doing a bit better on front  and took my drive of the 6th  got to my 2nd shot  and swang  not only did i hear the noise of ball hitting club but a  the noise of a meniscus in the knee going and crashed to the ground.

silly me after doing that  i took my third shot came tumblin down to the ground again  3 playing partners say that was a great shot  , yeah but my knee doesnt thinkso  finish the hole with 5 and said guys thanks for the game  a great score is not going to relieve the pain in my knee so i am ncr'ing   ...still went the last 3 holes with the guys as i was in a cart  no way i could have walked back anyway
as it was all up hill....    

looks like i am having another  stint away from Golf  ..   @Otto Von Blotto  mate i'll trade you places , you play golf for me at my course and i will suck up the rainy weekends..   even if it rains at my course we still play

• Sad 3

That's no good mate. Hope you recover soon. 

We still play if it rains too normally, but it's so saturated right now that even a light shower makes it pretty much unplayable.

I still managed to get a hit today though at an indoor range. The simulators have a virtual range as well as being able to play courses. I think the calibration of the thing on courses was a bit off though, the ball speeds were rather ridiculous and my club distances were about 20-30 metres longer than usual. I don't think I've ever hit my 58° wedge 110 metres unless I blade it 🤣 My best effort was a 90, but with stupidly positioned OOB that wouldn't exist on a real course (seriously a few metres off the fairway wtf), and putts that should have dropped not doing so, I probably played better than the score would suggest.

It was more realistic on the virtual range, and I found my swing speed to be around 100-105mph with a 3 wood. It might be slightly faster with a driver, being a longer shaft, but it's not in the bag currently. It's certainly faster than a couple of years ago when I bought my driver, at that time it was around 90, so it confirms my hunch about needing to replace the shaft in it. 

20220521_122515.thumb.jpg.a989a9068d0d42dfae0ad7555a8abc09.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I've always wanted to try an indoor range, just to see swing speed and ball spin, but never got around to it. 

I'm glad I did that now, even though it was forced due to weather. It's useful information to have. I didn't take a lot of notice of the spin rates but I did notice that the sidespin was almost always under 1000, quite a few in negative numbers. Backspin around 2000ish with the wood. 

• Like 2

Wednesday Comp: Steady game with a few too many errors, just little stuff. Ended with 30 but the handicap is rising.

Saturday Comp: Good steady game with a few mistakes, wiped two holes, one on each nine. My drive was better and helped with the scoring, I forced a few which went know where! Stayed steady and easy on the swing for the rest and it payed off, ended with 35.

Handicap is still going backwards, I'm back into the 20's (20.1), drop four flags in the next six rounds!

ok  after yesterday i woke up sore but ok , today was a social group day amongst friends.

took it rather gingerly as io know me knee is stuffed and i was hitting 30m or a bit more past my 200mtre drives  , i'm only a small hitter

managed to get through 18   but i am very sore now   so was a bad choice but i said to myself  if itssore that i cant stand its just a cart ride around

i finished with a 97 gross  but hey ill take that..

but have decided because it 3rd week of clubbies and i know 3 more weeks of stroke   due to monthly mug and 2 other board events

its best golf goes on a side line

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

https://youtu.be/gaKxWbSo8O8

This is why my course is continually closed at the moment. The rain isn't over the top but it was a week or two ago which caused this, and the light showers that keep passing through prevent it drying out properly 😑

Yike's Otto, that's a lot of water, I can see why it's closed. It looks like a really nice course though, good luck with it opening up again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yike's Otto, that's a lot of water, I can see why it's closed. It looks like a really nice course though, good luck with it opening up again.

Yeah I reckon. Some of those sections went under in the floods earlier this year which didn't exactly help, but this time none of it went underwater, it's just the relentless rain has completely saturated the ground. The forecast is for more showers until Thursday when it's supposed to start clearing up, then fine days across Friday and the weekend... might be too late to reopen Saturday though depending on how much rain they get before it clears up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah I reckon. Some of those sections went under in the floods earlier this year which didn't exactly help, but this time none of it went underwater, it's just the relentless rain has completely saturated the ground. The forecast is for more showers until Thursday when it's supposed to start clearing up, then fine days across Friday and the weekend... might be too late to reopen Saturday though depending on how much rain they get before it clears up. 

Yep a week of sunshine would be the ticket but I am thinking that's unlikely but as you know there is eff all you can do about it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yep a week of sunshine would be the ticket but I am thinking that's unlikely but as you know there is eff all you can do about it.

If it stays clear after the weekend it'll be open next week, but maybe it will start clearing earlier. It's been gloomy all arvo today but not a lot of rain. I have a social club game on Sunday as well, not sure how that course is going though. 

• Like 1