Coopers Community

computer buffs out there

ozdevil

ok  this is not a huge biggie if it cant be done

i love windows 11 on the new comp , but its being a biatch to me

what i want to know if i get a hdmi cable   and plug between to computers it will work

the other screen is an all in one comp   and all i want is that screen to play iptv

while the other screen annoys you all on this forum

will it work the way i intended

• Haha 1

@ozdevil , your Win11 system will be able to handle 3 screens at the same time all plugged into the Win11 computer.

Don't plug the HDMI cable between the two PC's it must go from the new PC to the other screen ignoring the old PC.

If you want to use a screen that is already plugged into another computer you will have to configure that screen to sense the new HDMI input (just make sure that old screen actually has HDMI port as most don't).

So if your "other" screen is already connected as it is to another computer via say a DVI (white connector) or VGA (blue connector) cable that screen always looks (senses) the input on that port.  If you then plug a HDMI cable into the "other" screen and also to the HDMI port on your new Win11 PC you will have to configure that "other" screen to select the input from the HDMI otherwise it will ignore the extra signal and just display the old computer  Do this via the front panel on the "other" screen.

Once you have done that Win11 will be able to detect the new screen via display options and you can set Win11 to display (mirror) or (extend) over the two screens.

Hope that make sense.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

it makes sense 

i was hoping i didnt need to add  the old pc only win 10  but handles  my iptv  ( that all this is going to be used for)

forums and looking and buying through win 11

its not a real issue   if i can run alternitive  things on the screen

Just think of it this way, you will have two computers running into the one screen, one probably via DVI cable the other via the new HDMI cable.  The two computers will not know the other computer exists.  You can select which computer output the screen displays via the screens front panel.  Input 1 = DVI or input 2 = HDMI.

Look under the back of your screen first to ensure it actually has a HDMI port before you shout yourself a beer buddy.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Just think of it this way, you will have two computers running into the one screen, one probably via DVI cable the other via the new HDMI cable.  The two computers will not know the other computer exists.  You can select which computer output the screen displays via the screens front panel.  Input 1 = DVI or input 2 = HDMI.

Look under the back of your screen first to ensure it actually has a HDMI port before you shout yourself a beer buddy.

i'm looking for a second opinion on my thoughts @iBooz2   

the only concern i had  is both are pc's   1 is all in one on a different platform

so thanks for your info

• Like 1

All in one PC's still have some inputs that you can/may be able use just like a screen (depends on model) take a pic of inputs and outputs and post up.  I connected one up to a new Win11 laptop for a customer just before Christmas.

• Like 2

Well  i have decided not to combine the 2 into one  type system like dual monitors  

As the All in one is on the blink anyway its purely used for background noise like watching netflix and stuff like that

once i get a few bills paid off and a trip to tassie out of the way i am going to look at a 2nd monitor and possibly go 4k

@iBooz2  thanks for your info 

• Like 1