Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2022?

Shamus O'Sean

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

My thoughts are you would need some added malt hence the low OG however you have pointed out your reasons.

It will still be beer so I will watch out for updates on Channel Muzz.

I'll report back on a taste test in a few weeks time. Most of this will go into the 8l kegs and the remainder I'll pop into the Lobethal growler.

28 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

I'll report back on a taste test in a few weeks time. Most of this will go into the 8l kegs and the remainder I'll pop into the Lobethal growler.

OK Cheers, just on the Growler I soaked it for 2 days & still can't get the #%*+ label off !! I don't think they want you to.

52 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

OK Cheers, just on the Growler I soaked it for 2 days & still can't get the #%*+ label off !! I don't think they want you to.

They probably want the label to stay on for identity purposes because they offer a discount on refills. I'm unlikely to refill with their beer though when I'm making my own.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

They probably want the label to stay on for identity purposes because they offer a discount on refills. I'm unlikely to refill with their beer though when I'm making my own.

Yeah I think you are right but I would buy another Growler but only refill with my brew.

• Like 1

Choccy Woccy Nitro Boi (CWNB) is now underway... yeah it seems a bit strange to be using Dubbya but it's pretty cold where CWNB will be living during his Ferment Stage so I wanted to make sure that the yeast could cope ok... hopefully it will go ok and then I am aiming to Nitro-on-up in the Keggler.

I believe @Greenyinthewestofsydney Greeny last time I did something similar you noted it would be more of a Scwarzbier with the Dubbya Yeast... so then putting that on Nitro might seem a bit strange - but I got more Nitro than CO2 at the moment and although it might be a bit of a hybrid am hoping it will still be an ok creamy Boi.

Cheers Brewers 👍

image.thumb.png.1c64177af098f0a15ac497c18266bdfe.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I've already bought some passionfruit pulp in readiness for a fruity, summer brew down the track.

the guys on the woolworths lager appreciation society on facebook swear by a toucan of the largers with 3-4 of the little cans of woolies passionfruit pulp. some add in some extra fermentables

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Choccy Woccy Nitro Boi (CWNB) is now underway... yeah it seems a bit strange to be using Dubbya but it's pretty cold where CWNB will be living during his Ferment Stage so I wanted to make sure that the yeast could cope ok... hopefully it will go ok and then I am aiming to Nitro-on-up in the Keggler.

I believe @Greenyinthewestofsydney Greeny last time I did something similar you noted it would be more of a Scwarzbier with the Dubbya Yeast... so then putting that on Nitro might seem a bit strange - but I got more Nitro than CO2 at the moment and although it might be a bit of a hybrid am hoping it will still be an ok creamy Boi.

Cheers Brewers 👍

image.thumb.png.1c64177af098f0a15ac497c18266bdfe.png

Will be fine mate. Maybe a bit cleaner than if you used an ale yeast but will be nice all the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terminal2k said:

the guys on the woolworths lager appreciation society on facebook swear by a toucan of the largers with 3-4 of the little cans of woolies passionfruit pulp. some add in some extra fermentables

Yeah mate, I've recently started following that page to get some ideas. I've already bought some passionfruit pulp and I'm gradually building up to that beer. I'm sort of just taking one step at a time with variations to see what works best for me before I go all in with the pulp and hops additions. Some also add frozen mango pieces too, which I'll give a go some time. We always have that in the freezer for my daughter's smoothies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:43 PM, Pale Man said:

Nice recipe fella, that is going to be a good beer.

Stout BOTTLED last night & with @Pale Man's prior benediction it did indeed taste good. Brown sugar primed some bottles (once again...just 'coz I could)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Choccy Wocc and Mozzie Paleo having a bit of warmer time before chilling back down for Yeast Clean-Up 👍

Hoping to do a dirty-backfill on these late next week all going well...  maybe a Pilly of sorts on Dubbya and a Citra Ale on US05?

image.thumb.png.ca3299c9b4d439d1b4f352b06d09a1d3.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Coopers Pale Ale

1 Kilo of Light Dry Malt

250g Carapils and 250g Golden Oats, steeped for 30 minutes.

Will dry hop day 4 with Pride of Ringwood hops.

Simple

@jennyss, any of the above additions would improve your next Australian Pale Ale. You can get Galaxy and Cascade hops from Big W, if you cannot get Pride of Ringwood.  They come in a handy tea bag inside the package 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Bottling a Coopers Dark Ale with a combination of 500ml Hef'e bottles & Longnecks, it would have been nice to keg but nothing free ATM.  
Coopers Stout to bottle tomorrow.

Beautiful work @Classic Brewing Co

Kegs are good but bottles are beautiful too and very handy : )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

You can get Galaxy and Cascade hops from Big W,

Yes @Shamus O'Sean; I already realised I would have to come down a peg. Our Big W has Brigalow brand Galaxy hops only, in the tea bag. On Sunday I will buy a tin of Coopers Pale Ale Extract, and No. 2 Brew Enhancer, and Coopers LDM 500g and the Galaxy hops; and it will be in the fermenter on Tuesday! I was a bit hesitant because the info on line says "Galaxy is an Australian hop often described as having a passionfruit character alongside citrus and peach aromas and flavours." Could be a bit too fruity, but I'll give it a go.

Edited by jennyss
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, jennyss said:

Yes @Shamus O'Sean; I already realised I would have to come down a peg. Our Big W has Brigalow brand Galaxy hops only, in the tea bag. On Sunday I will buy a tin of Coopers Pale Ale Extract, and No. 2 Brew Enhancer, and Coopers LDM 500g and the Galaxy hops; and it will be in the fermenter on Tuesday! I was a bit hesitant because the info on line says "Galaxy is an Australian hop often described as having a passionfruit character alongside citrus and peach aromas and flavours." Could be a bit too fruity, but I'll give it a go.

Galaxy will be fine Jenny, it's a great all rounder but the amount that you are buying is not a lot to really affect the flavour, you would need at least 50gms for it became really noticeable.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=36c5eec65706b2f5b16240f87667ee3a13266e8b74fdf7b93a2fb6f948473538JmltdHM9MTY1OTU5MzYxNCZpZ3VpZD1jZmE4OGFlNy0zYTEyLTQ3MzItOTVmMy0xMTRmMDYyY2JhYTMmaW5zaWQ9NTIyNw&ptn=3&fclid=91c11f92-13bc-11ed-9889-aaedea12cb9e&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9iZWVybWF2ZXJpY2suY29tL2hvcC9nYWxheHkv&ntb=1

• Thanks 1