Coopers Community

What's in Your Fermenter 2022?

Shamus O'Sean

2 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

It's another big step forward mate in the BBJ (Beautiful Brewing Journey) Woooohooo!!!

Am very much looking forward to reports on the Brew Day, the Ferment, and then some patience for Secondary in the Bottle...

And then the day the big juicy frothy top arrives Yeeeehaaa! 🥳

Cheers Mate, I will post a few pics on the big day ( when my spare parts arrive from KL )  just a thought I have a spare power point & computer, I could plug in outside with Brew Boy & follow each step on You Tube nah, just joking. Thanks for your support, much appreciated. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Got my delivery a few days ago. I have done a few of their range (and will again).

This one is new for me.

Looks like it is going alright so far, I haven't seen any Munton's products in Adelaide for years but I have seen them on interstate websites. Good luck with it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks like it is going alright so far, I haven't seen any Munton's products in Adelaide for years but I have seen them on interstate websites. Good luck with it.

I order them from Kegland, did their Old Conckerwood ale twice and the Smugglers special ale once. The Conckerwood ages very well, the Smuggler didn't last that long, ha ha.

Also like the Woodforde NOG ale a lot, which ages very well as well. Their Admirals Reserve is a nice drop too, didn't last for too long, too good. they where all part of my delivery plus two newbies. Always order a lot to add the minimum amount onto each set, in this case it added 2 dollars per set.

I have also brewed their Belgian Style Ale and Tinsel Toe Roasted Malt Fusion, which where not bad, but too many other recipes to try out first. The Conckerwood and Nog I will brew the third time this year. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I order them from Kegland, did their Old Conckerwood ale twice and the Smugglers special ale once. The Conckerwood ages very well, the Smuggler didn't last that long, ha ha.

Also like the Woodforde NOG ale a lot, which ages very well as well. Their Admirals Reserve is a nice drop too, didn't last for too long, too good. they where all part of my delivery plus two newbies. Always order a lot to add the minimum amount onto each set, in this case it added 2 dollars per set.

I have also brewed their Belgian Style Ale and Tinsel Toe Roasted Malt Fusion, which where not bad, but too many other recipes to try out first. The Conckerwood and Nog I will brew the third time this year. 

Sounds good, lot's to choose from, there are so many brands out there so we are spoilt for choice.

• Like 2

The three Brewskerteers are going along quite nicely - big news this morning the Aussie Thinboy Dubbya has woken up which is great... always a little concerning when you can't see through the SS walls of the FV ; )  And the other two brews look like they are steadying off quite a bit...  with Kräussen collapsing and a mm at the surface or so just starting to clear a little bit... hoping they come up nice in the keg.  Will FV condition them for another 7 days or so and then see whether to cold crash or not... see how we go and what space is available (now that the keg freezer has got some kegs back in it 😁).

Cheers and good brewing All : )

image.thumb.png.d964cb9d01dc378168fcc2b94939917c.png

• Like 7

Seirra navada pale ale

1.048 s.g and expected f.g of 1.012   to bring it out at 4.7%ABV   

Also i  have a digital spunding valve   on this as well as a red pill from kegland and set the temp controller to a pale ale profile
and should  when it gets to the 1st temp increase the temp by itself  and the temp gauge is in the thermowell of the fermenter

and is pressure fermenting at 5 psi

20220313_170254.thumb.jpg.c611f9ac93b560bb097e7b1405b3f223.jpg 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

Seirra navada pale ale

1.048 s.g and expected f.g of 1.012   to bring it out at 4.7%ABV   

Also i  have a digital spunding valve   on this as well as a red pill from kegland and set the temp controller to a pale ale profile
and should  when it gets to the 1st temp increase the temp by itself  and the temp gauge is in the thermowell of the fermenter

and is pressure fermenting at 5 psi

20220313_170254.thumb.jpg.c611f9ac93b560bb097e7b1405b3f223.jpg 

Wow a digital spunding valve, I have to get one of those.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Wow a digital spunding valve, I have to get one of those.

if you have the spunding valve  with the analogue guage    easy to remove and to install thats what i did

kl18338_-_mini_digital_illuminated_gauge

https://www.kegland.com.au/digital-illuminated-mini-gauge-0-90psi-0-6-2bar.html

this is the one you need for the  spunding valve with  Analogue gauge

or you can buy this which will fit in a duotight 3 way

kl18081_-_mini_gauge_with_duotight_stem_

https://www.kegland.com.au/digital-illuminated-mini-gauge-0-90psi-0-6-2bar-duotight-8mm-5-16-stem.html

cheers oz

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

Thanks @ozdevil. As is so often the case with KL it is out of stock, I really think that Kee should stock greater quantities of products that they sell.

i know what you mean .  i have some big ticket items coming up..

i dont think its the stocking issue mate its the shipping them in   

most of the rapt stock at the moment are being released in short batches in case of firmware updates and they dont have to push to much firmware over the internet

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Thanks @ozdevil. As is so often the case with KL it is out of stock, I really think that Kee should stock greater quantities of products that they sell.

Yeah I've noticed that too. Same same with the fresh wort kits....Maybe it's a Covid shipping related issue - a supply chain thing.

Edited by Mickep
  • Like 1

Bottling Day @Classic Brewing Co

COOPERS REAL ALE  SG: 1.048   FG: 1.014

It's been a long time since I have seen the bottle tree full, I have to bottle an English Bitter tomorrow so stocks slowly building up.

Next & last to Bottle will be the Coopers Dark Ale - all going well sometime this week I will receive the parts I need to fire up the BrewZilla & also a few items from our good friend @Hoppy81Three Chins Brewing.

Now it's time for a 🍺 or 9.

Cheers

20220314_110338.thumb.jpg.db978834faf8c426491971c9056c25a0.jpg20220314_124734.thumb.jpg.2692695ead74ed069e1fd3b8a0f406f5.jpg

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

A beautiful thing @Classic Brewing Co mate - Production cranking!

And lovely neat and tidy storage luvyerwork!

And two cappers - one for each hand/arm? 😆

Coopers glass Largies are a magnificent brew vessel : )

Cheers IP, on the left are a few Weihenstephan bottles & as you know they are smaller hence the smaller capper.

Yes I agree I much prefer glass to the PET bottles.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers IP, on the left are a few Weihenstephan bottles & as you know they are smaller hence the smaller capper.

Yes I agree I much prefer glass to the PET bottles.

I thought that you must cap 2 handed 😁

• Haha 3

Just now, kmar92 said:

I thought that you must cap 2 handed 😁

@kmar92I have actually got 4 of them, my original & over the years past neighbours & friends who have had fathers who were Homebrewers have all passed on equipment to me, god knows why but I have enough stuff to open up Classic Home Brewing & Beer Making Supplies, I am talking Fermenters, Heat Belts, Hydrometers, Stirring Spoons, Sugar Scoops, Bottling Wands, Cleaning & Sanitising Equipment & so on, not to mention countless PET Bottles also a large quantity of Champagne Bottles, even some old Pickaxe Bottles - what am I to do 🤔

But I guess one day I will be passing some of it on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

@kmar92I have actually got 4 of them, my original & over the years past neighbours & friends who have had fathers who were Homebrewers have all passed on equipment to me, god knows why but I have enough stuff to open up Classic Home Brewing & Beer Making Supplies, I am talking Fermenters, Heat Belts, Hydrometers, Stirring Spoons, Sugar Scoops, Bottling Wands, Cleaning & Sanitising Equipment & so on, not to mention countless PET Bottles also a large quantity of Champagne Bottles, even some old Pickaxe Bottles - what am I to do 🤔

But I guess one day I will be passing some of it on.

Open the Classic Home Brewing Shop.

• Haha 3

Frustration re: Brewzilla assembly at Classic Brewing Co.

I have got all the parts to get to work with the new machine but I have reached a standstill, I have never been any good at assembling anything other than computer/camera parts but this has got me stumped, I have watched countless videos re: un-boxing/assembly & I still can't get my head around the circular pieces that go at the bottom of the unit, I understand there is a false bottom plate but every video I have watched goes too fast & not detailed enough t put it together.

I have got the fittings on the Immersion Chiller & the Poly Piping/Camlock sorted but just can't progress any further.

If I could get this part right I think the rest would be easy.

No wonder I drink !! 🥵

20220316_144328.thumb.jpg.308f41db1a10fb65f03c2819880301eb.jpg20220316_144520.thumb.jpg.92e5dca86457259f0cc3293ffe53a974.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Frustration re: Brewzilla assembly at Classic Brewing Co.

I have got all the parts to get to work with the new machine but I have reached a standstill, I have never been any good at assembling anything other than computer/camera parts but this has got me stumped, I have watched countless videos re: un-boxing/assembly & I still can't get my head around the circular pieces that go at the bottom of the unit, I understand there is a false bottom plate but every video I have watched goes too fast & not detailed enough t put it together.

I have got the fittings on the Immersion Chiller & the Poly Piping/Camlock sorted but just can't progress any further.

If I could get this part right I think the rest would be easy.

No wonder I drink !! 🥵

20220316_144328.thumb.jpg.308f41db1a10fb65f03c2819880301eb.jpg20220316_144520.thumb.jpg.92e5dca86457259f0cc3293ffe53a974.jpg

lets start with False screen  

1 grab the packet with the ring  screw in

2 pull the ring screw and place 1 washer on it

3.  place through the middle of the false screen from the top

4 now grab the other small washer and 2 nuts 

5 place washer on the underside of false screen  and attach the 2 nuts as far as they can go the top one is a locking nut

now you should have assembled the false screen   

the false screen goes into the brewzilla 1st as that is what your mash tun sits on.

you have correctly installed the overflow Pipe   ( i no loger use the overflow pipe )

the overflow pipe that screen sits in your Mash tun  at the bottom

the small pipe you have near the packet with the ring screw   that sits  on the overflow pipe once you place the top screen on

once you have grain  and ready to start mash in you place the top screen with the overflow pipe  coming through the top screen with the small pipe thing on the overflow pipe

Also you will wants some tubing  on the ricirc arm    long enough   to get to the grain and can lay around the side of mash tun

and bobs ya uncle and you good as ready

• Like 1

Just now, Classic Brewing Co said:

Thanks for your response I appreciate it OD, attached stage 1 - success.

20220316_160620.jpg

20220316_160716.jpg

20220316_160948.jpg

Now for stage 2

I can't work out the spring thing on the long pipe & where it should be positioned also the other plate has fixed things on one side, does this face upwards ? How much gap should be between the 2 ?

And then there is the short pipe, where does that fit ?

I really appreciate your help, all KL do is refer you to the videos but they are not detailed enough for a mug like me.

20220316_161029.jpg

20220316_161201.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now for stage 2

I can't work out the spring thing on the long pipe & where it should be positioned also the other plate has fixed things on one side, does this face upwards ? How much gap should be between the 2 ?

And then there is the short pipe, where does that fit ?

I really appreciate your help, all KL do is refer you to the videos but they are not detailed enough for a mug like me.

20220316_161029.jpg

20220316_161201.jpg

The overflow pipe is extendable   and the  sirclip holds it in place      

so basicly for small mashes like in the position your fine but if you are going to do 5kg-6kg you will extend the overflow pipe  and once mashed in  you will then place the top screen over the over flow pipe    and with the small pipe push down so it sits on the top screen

Always use the rubber cap on the overflow pipe when mashing in     as it will stop grain from flowing down the pipe.

Now what i am about to say  is   and totally upto you phil  

you can get a stainless steel nut and bolt  and put that on the screen and forget about  the overflow pipe

or you can by the proscreen for the bottom of mash tun  and you wont have to worry about overflow pipes

i  only used the overflow pipe for about 4 brews and have been using the pro screen  eversince   and wouldnt go back to to using the overflow pipe..

Also   handy tip to get your top screen with your metal mash paddle  place it through the top screen and into the overflow pipe it will make it easier to put the overflow pipe through the top screen

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

The overflow pipe is extendable   and the  sirclip holds it in place      

so basicly for small mashes like in the position your fine but if you are going to do 5kg-6kg you will extend the overflow pipe  and once mashed in  you will then place the top screen over the over flow pipe    and with the small pipe push down so it sits on the top screen

Always use the rubber cap on the overflow pipe when mashing in     as it will stop grain from flowing down the pipe.

Now what i am about to say  is   and totally upto you phil  

you can get a stainless steel nut and bolt  and put that on the screen and forget about  the overflow pipe

or you can by the proscreen for the bottom of mash tun  and you wont have to worry about overflow pipes

i  only used the overflow pipe for about 4 brews and have been using the pro screen  eversince   and wouldnt go back to to using the overflow pipe..

Also   handy tip to get your top screen with your metal mash paddle  place it through the top screen and into the overflow pipe it will make it easier to put the overflow pipe through the top screen

Alright check this out, is this correct ?

20220316_165645.thumb.jpg.e2a3807db9b3f5edfed7f99dba24e802.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Alright check this out, is this correct ?

20220316_165645.thumb.jpg.e2a3807db9b3f5edfed7f99dba24e802.jpg

spot on mate     

when put the bottom screen into the mash tun  extend  the over flow pipe out fully

put   the black rubber on  the overflow pipe itself ( dont worry about that small bit of pipe that fits on just yet

once you filled your mush tun and stirred your mash into the water   then take rubber stopper and put somewhere safe as you wont need that and place the topscreen on and then the small pipe  on the overflow pipe and push it down until it meats the top screen

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

spot on mate     

when put the bottom screen into the mash tun  extend  the over flow pipe out fully

put   the black rubber on  the overflow pipe itself ( dont worry about that small bit of pipe that fits on just yet

once you filled your mush tun and stirred your mash into the water   then take rubber stopper and put somewhere safe as you wont need that and place the topscreen on and then the small pipe  on the overflow pipe and push it down until it meats the top screen

Mate I am still confused you said to extend the overflow pipe but that raises it too high I thought ???

20220316_171502.jpg